2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
The Grim Reaper
October 20, 2016, 10:34pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +2 / -30
Approval: -533
Gold Stars: 1
The Grimsby Telegraph are so desperate to sell papers that they are going with every single rumour that pops up on here (A telegraph source).

They said that Hurst was going to Notts County (twice), it was Rotherham on Monday, now it's Shrewsbury. I've just read that Shrewsbury are going to name their new manager tomorrow but i've just watched Hurst doing his weekly interview on Mariners Player.

And then someone in another thread on here is asking who will we get when Hurst goes to Shrewsbury.

Very poor show

Jesus wants me to be a sunbeam
Logged Offline
Private Message
Fat Cobra
October 20, 2016, 10:42pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +9 / -28
Approval: -1,479
And then a new thread is started to moan about the crap. Now this is definitely getting embarrassing.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 10
AdamHaddock
October 20, 2016, 10:48pm

Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +37 / -5
Approval: +2,838
Gold Stars: 26
I bet Paul is at home now stroking his whippets and finding this speculation amusing

[img]https://images.app.goo.gl/bymuz36koLHofSn79[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 10
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
October 20, 2016, 11:24pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from AdamHaddock
I bet Paul is at home now stroking his whippets and finding this speculation amusing

Whippets? That's another word for testicles in South Yorks isn't it?

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 10
golfer
October 21, 2016, 7:23am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.29
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,450
Gold Stars: 118

Whippets? That's another word for testicles in South Yorks isn't it?

Balls ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 10
promotion plaice
October 21, 2016, 7:56am

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,079
Gold Stars: 200
Quoted from The Grim Reaper
The Grimsby Telegraph are so desperate to sell papers that they are going with every single rumour that pops up on here (A telegraph source).

They said that Hurst was going to Notts County (twice), it was Rotherham on Monday, now it's Shrewsbury. I've just read that Shrewsbury are going to name their new manager tomorrow but i've just watched Hurst doing his weekly interview on Mariners Player.

And then someone in another thread on here is asking who will we get when Hurst goes to Shrewsbury.

Very poor show

Must agree with this, probably Chesterfield next if Danny Wilson gets the sack.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 10
oldun
October 21, 2016, 10:03am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
Any young successful manager is going to be of interest to other clubs so we had better get used to speculation. In the meantime there is a game to win tomorrow, and I am sure PH will be doing his best to enable the team to do that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 10
Mariner55
October 21, 2016, 10:08am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +237
In fairness to the Telegraph, they never said he was going to Rotherham, they simply reported there was a vacancy at a club he had played 400+ games for and so was inevitably linked with it.  There's as much speculation here.  Would be different if the Telegraph was reporting he was going to another club, as opposed to being linked to it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 10
GrimRob
October 21, 2016, 10:36am

Posts Per Day: 2.11
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,452
Gold Stars: 114
Football is played once a week. Something has to fill the space. Might be vacuous interviews with players where a few sound bytes are plucked out and a headline made of them. Or the classic is to write a story one day speculating X might happen, then the next day you have a new story saying that X won't be happening because of Y. But we're all so desperate for "information" we read the lot!

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 8 - 10
Southwark Mariner
October 21, 2016, 10:45am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,562
Gold Stars: 83
There are enough ex-gtfc players (good and bad) that pop up either in coaching roles, scoring, sent off etc. They could do an interview each week with different former players for a year (on their time at town and since leaving). Could include a load of the former youth players, what they've managed to do outside of football. I thought it was great when Darren Kempson came back to fix some telecoms stuff at BP. Maybe people would rather read pointless speculation articles  and the classic "we didn't do well last week but we're fired up this week" though.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 10
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › It's getting embarrassing now

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.