5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Hagrid
September 24, 2016, 2:46pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,478
Gold Stars: 536
To car! Great win, really solid defensive display against what was a poor Mansfield side but I never thought we looked in trouble bar a shaky first 10 minutes , we didn't do much going forward but got the penalty which omar dispatched well and then chambers went through 2nd half and god only knows why he didn't shoot , defended from.the front to cope with long balls and free kicks into the box. Good to get that clean sheet, fans as always terrific in stark contrast to stags awful support, and great to see players and staff appreciation at the end for the the travelling black and white, UTM we really are back in the league
Logged Offline
Private Message
hheh2
September 24, 2016, 2:59pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +759
Gold Stars: 4
Great 3 points today and just outside the playoffs no less

Looking at our coming fixtures reaching the playoffs are a definite possibility!

Poojah's fishy
[img]https://image.ibb.co/dgpebm/Dascyllus_melanurus_1.jpg[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 44
newarkmariner
September 24, 2016, 3:37pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +5 / -4
Approval: +751
Gold Stars: 43
happy with that,looked solid at the back,Davis was awesome,Collins looks very reassured and was always talking,fans excellent as always,as for the Mansfield fans oh dear,UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 44
headingly_mariner
September 24, 2016, 3:53pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,391
Gold Stars: 120
Good win, didn't play particularly well but we were hardworking enough to win. Mansfield are shite
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 44
barralad
September 24, 2016, 3:53pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,295
Gold Stars: 127
Back on train. Good defensive display. Collins looks like he has the nous to steady the ship at the back. Macca much more confident going for the ball. We do however lack defensive pace and in the first half particularly Mansfield used their nippy winger to good effect. Pity his team mates weren't really up to the job. The penalty came due to Bogle's sheer persistence and was very well put away. In truth Town didn't offer much going forward especially in the second half where some of the clearances had the sense of desperation about them. Fans were magnificent...again but I was scratching my head at what must have been a couple of hundred stood behind the stand supping beers during the game. The first bloke I encountered on my way for a p*ss asked me what the score was! Each to their own.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 44
Cloudy
September 24, 2016, 4:14pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Fully deserved 3 points for me against a poor and lethargic Mansfield side.

MOM for me was Davies but also thought the back 5 in general were good and repeller any threats with ease.

We weren't great going forward and although Jackson tried and stretched their back four His touch was often lacking.

Omar was a real handful and Summerfield had a much better game.

Mansfield put Hoban on and all he did was foul off the ball.

Can't believe the announced crowd. Not sure we're their 3000 fans were hiding??

We MUST now capitalise and get 3 points on Tuesday

UTM
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 44
lew chaterleys lover
September 24, 2016, 4:27pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,745
Gold Stars: 237
One of those games where the result was better than the performance, but even so I think we just deserved to win.

Collins made a big difference at the back; always talking and organising and a no nonsense competitor.

Considering they were above us in the table, and we were away from home it is a great result.  

I am not sure who the best partner is for Bogle; Jackson didn't shine today, neither did Tuton last week. I wonder if Vernon might be worth another try for his hold up play?

Anyway, well done to all.
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 44
Cloudy
September 24, 2016, 4:53pm
Whiskey Drinker
One of those games where the result was better than the performance, but even so I think we just deserved to win.

Collins made a big difference at the back; always talking and organising and a no nonsense competitor.

Considering they were above us in the table, and we were away from home it is a great result.  

I am not sure who the best partner is for Bogle; Jackson didn't shine today, neither did Tuton last week. I wonder if Vernon might be worth another try for his hold up play?

Anyway, well done to all.

I have to say that in the flashes he has played I'd rather see Hurst up front than Vernon
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 44
AndyGTFC
September 24, 2016, 5:05pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +23 / -2
Approval: +804
Gold Stars: 5
Great result, wasn't a particularly good game but can't argue with the win and we're picking up some good wins now. They troubled us a bit in the first 15 minutes and we scored against the run of play but we defended brilliantly to stop them from creating chances afterwards and much more like what we've come to expect from a Paul Hurst side than we've seen so far this season.

Pearson was probably the stand out and Collins was also very solid on his debut.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 44
Perkins
September 24, 2016, 5:07pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +15 / -8
Approval: +1,986
Gold Stars: 7
I just don't get Davies at all, terrific at free kicks, great at blocking as seen today, hopeless when confronted by a nippy winger like today who left him flat footed nearly every time he ran at him. I thought Collins had a great game, directing operations and it's clear to see he has played at a higher level than this. Not a great game, but a great result and a fantastic following.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 44
Hagrid
September 24, 2016, 5:08pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,478
Gold Stars: 536
Quoted from Perkins
I just don't get Davies at all, terrific at free kicks, great at blocking as seen today, hopeless when confronted by a nippy winger like today who left him flat footed nearly every time he ran at him. I thought Collins had a great game, directing operations and it's clear to see he has played at a higher level than this. Not a great game, but a great result and a fantastic following.

What?! The first bit about davies? Are you sure you watched the same game
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 44
gobby
September 24, 2016, 5:16pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.76
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +776
Good 3 points against a side who could pass the ball the majority of the time, had a really good left winger but awful at creating chances. Pearson MOM for me and thought Collins was solid. Great atmosphere.
UTMM

The Icenian Predicition League  CHAMPION 2016/17
Beat The Clock Champion 2020/21 🏆 👏

My old man said follow the Town
And dont dilly dally on the way
We'll take Scunny in half a minute
We'll take Lincoln and all thats in it!

One Step Beyond.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 44
Mariner Ronnie
September 24, 2016, 5:17pm

Lower Findus
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +45 / -6
Approval: +1,100
Gold Stars: 6
More than 100db in that away end today, deafened, fantastic support UTM!

Today we got our team back - town fan leaving Wembley may 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 44
A.l.f.
September 24, 2016, 5:26pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +687
I thought Davies was probably our best player.  He cleared one off the line and got 2 important blocks in.
Everyone sees a different game depending on where we are sat but really dont think Ben can be faulted today.

We were not at our best but its good to see us grind out a result.  At half time with the wind I expected us to get another and Ashley Chambers should have done and will be sure he'd just hit it like we all expected.  He will get a goal and then maybe relax.  His work rate again was a credit though.

Last 20 mins we were a bit flat, but defended well without Mansfield creating many clear chances.

Fantastic support again and better weather than Luton.
hats off to Paul Hurst, the team and everyone connected with the Club and the reaction from the Management and players at the end showed how much they appreciated our support.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 44
Meza
September 24, 2016, 5:52pm

We urine On Your Fish Yes we do yes we do
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.83
Rep Score: +78 / -3
Approval: +1,646
Gold Stars: 50
Dont understand negative comments when a win is achieved especially away from home.  Im sure we wont play mega every week but a wins a win which is important to stay in the league.  Keep it up lads.

[URL=https://imgur.com/VCxdH2Y][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/VCxdH2Ys.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/uMRVvRe][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/uMRVvRes.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/5p7nllT][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/5p7nllTs.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/46BEw5M][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/46BEw5Ms.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/06NXnQF][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/06NXnQFs.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

My Grimsby Legends
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 44
Kris2
September 24, 2016, 5:53pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,632
Gold Stars: 136
Davies isn't a fast player but in the performances I've seen I think he's been our best defender, Person has done well but doesn't have the same quality on the ball as Davies does for starting counter attacks or passing to feet. Chambers playing in front of him seems to help a bit since Chambers has pace he can do the running while Davies cleans things up at the back then gets the ball out to him so he can try to overlap.
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 44
MarinerWY
September 24, 2016, 5:57pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +1,988
Gold Stars: 47
Couldn't make it as was away but can I just say looking up the result then logging into the Fishy that it's bloody great to see the Fishy so buzzing   UTM!
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 44
golfer
September 24, 2016, 6:15pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.29
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,443
Gold Stars: 116
We are starting to play as a team and trying to help each other out more. The season started with 11 individuals but that was to be expected considering the new faces. I can see it coming together now that P.Hurst has got his best team sorted. Bogle is improving fast in his role as main striker.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 44
HertsGTFC
September 24, 2016, 6:20pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,985
Gold Stars: 228
A good away win despite not being as convincing as we where at Luton. Thought we had to ride a storm for a bit before we scored but actually despite Ben Davies clearing one off the line Mansfield appear to be like a few teams we have seen this season, toothless.

Though a word of warning if we let better teams get as many in/across the box from we will be punished, all that said this afternoons defensive display looked less "flappy" than many this season and it felt a bit more like they where playing as a unit. Is Danny Collins really 36?? thought he looked like a proper L2 centre half to me.

Macca looked assured, full backs hoofed anything away that they could not pass and the CB's dealt with pretty much anything that came their way. Both centre mids did much better than last week and the wide mid field players (Vose cannot be called a winger) possibly could have done more with the ball they had especially when Chambo was in on goal. Though the strikers struggled a bit and from behind the goal it felt like they where not breathing down the necks of their defenders but that could have just been "from where I was sat".  

Really pleased for Macca after a bit of noise last week about him a clean sheet was just what the doctor ordered and I am sure that is what Doigy was talking to them about in the huddle at the end, first one of the season and well deserved.

So we scrap a win away versus a side that possibly fancy themselves to finish higher than where they currently sit, below us!!! That tells me that we should be really happy with where we are season to date and possibly if we defend something like we did today and others other than Omar can score the goals then we may just go into the Spring safe from the threat of the drop and possibly a chance of something more come May?

Overall good win, scrappy performance, fussy ref, and feckin fantastic support...........After 6 years years in the with the part timers I'd take that every week for the rest of this season.

Well done to all today........... Just showed a few that we are a "big club" in this leagues as well.

UTM!!!

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 44
Perkins
September 24, 2016, 6:27pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +15 / -8
Approval: +1,986
Quoted from Hagrid

What?! The first bit about davies? Are you sure you watched the same game

Yup, sure did, gets caught out of position too often. Watch the full match replay when it comes on MP, skinned by their winger nearly all first half. Like I said great blocker today, and excellent at free kicks, but easily beaten by a tricky winger.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 44
HertsGTFC
September 24, 2016, 6:33pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Perkins

Yup, sure did, gets caught out of position too often. Watch the full match replay when it comes on MP, skinned by their winger nearly all first half. Like I said great blocker today, and excellent at free kicks, but easily beaten by a tricky winger.

Overall I like Davies going forward and doing the "last ditch" bit he's really good but he does get turned by quicker wingers and like Andrew (but not as often) gets caught out of position a bit. Today though I thought he had one of his best games so far in a Town sshirt.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 44
dapperz fun pub
September 24, 2016, 6:34pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,021
Gold Stars: 83
Didn't go had to work the illegitimates ... made my weekend I'm sipping cider now waiting for the crolla fight everything hunky dory and I repeat I said hurst wasn't a leader 😂
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 44
ginnywings
September 24, 2016, 6:38pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Davies is a fullback who has been converted from midfield, so i would say he is probably better going forward than he is as a pure defender, although he looks competent enough for this league.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 44
dapperz fun pub
September 24, 2016, 6:40pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,021
Gold Stars: 83
Quoted from ginnywings
Davies is a fullback who has been converted from midfield, so i would say he is probably better going forward than he is as a pure defender, although he looks competent enough for this league.

Looks easily good enough for this league imo
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 44
Cloudy
September 24, 2016, 6:47pm
Whiskey Drinker
simply don't agree with 'their winger' skinning Davies every time he ran at him!

Just had a look at The Stags forum and they said their wide men were totally useless today!

Davies for me was our MOM
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 44
FishOutOfWater
September 24, 2016, 7:08pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,575
Gold Stars: 37
Great win and a very solid performance

The only thing I found a bit frustrating was that we were tending to just hit the ball long out of defence a bit too much for my liking

Inviting them to keep coming on to us again and again was maybe the game plan and given they didn't trouble us with too much it worked

There were a couple of times though that we just hit it long when we had good positions to break and a second for us would have calmed the nerves...well mine at least 😉

That being said I've got nothing but credit for our overall game management today. We deserved the clean sheet and the three points if only because we kept Mansfield at bay and they just couldn't come up with anything good enough to break us down

Saturday night feels really sweet after seeing us get the win today. We've done well enough since we came back up in to the league but today we showed we have what it takes to only look up the table and not worry about the bottom end of it

UTM GTID
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 25 - 44
Teesknees
September 24, 2016, 7:09pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,596
Gold Stars: 18
Quoted from Kris2
Davies isn't a fast player but in the performances I've seen I think he's been our best defender, Person has done well but doesn't have the same quality on the ball as Davies does for starting counter attacks or passing to feet. Chambers playing in front of him seems to help a bit since Chambers has pace he can do the running while Davies cleans things up at the back then gets the ball out to him so he can try to overlap.

Which person? There's at least 11 of them?!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 44
Garth
September 24, 2016, 7:34pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 26
My MOM today was easily Pearson, he was absolutely unbeatable today, nothing else to say a real team effort where everyone played their part and we got a deserved win.
If Chambers put his foot through the ball when one on one with their keeper it would have been more comfortable
UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 44
LH
September 24, 2016, 7:48pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,558
Gold Stars: 174
Great day out and a good performance from everyone. Collins got in front of a few shots well including the sliding block that he seemed to arrive three minutes before the ball. The mind boggles as to why Chambers elected not to shoot.

Mansfield need a new calculator if they think there was 4400 there today. I came home to a £850 tenfold winning accumulator to put a cherry, icing, sugar and custard on top of the day!

Got a feeling we're looking at another good season.
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 44
HertsGTFC
September 24, 2016, 8:00pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Garth
My MOM today was easily Pearson, he was absolutely unbeatable today, nothing else to say a real team effort where everyone played their part and we got a deserved win.
If Chambers put his foot through the ball when one on one with their keeper it would have been more comfortable
UTM

Shaun is looking more like a FL centre back each week he plays. No surprises to anyone to be honest. Keep going looks this and he will have the arm band next year without a doubt.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 44
moosey_club
September 24, 2016, 8:00pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,277
Gold Stars: 226
3 points......
Not stylish....
Determined defensively but pretty poor in possession especially second half...was crying out for someone to put their foot on the ball.
Surrendered ground as the game wore on but thankfully Mansfield, although strong and quick in most areas, were also sh1t too.
Two performances were we have struggled now...just managed to defend better this week.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 44
sydney
September 24, 2016, 8:33pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,009
Gold Stars: 3
Just back (went to Meadowhell afterwards as good lady in attendance)
Great performances Pearson Collins Andrew Davies Macca Summerfield better
And as always so proud to be part of the fans week after week especially  at end of game what an ovation
But
We weren't that good overall but we did manage to stifell stags who offered  less and less as game went on (great off the line clearance by Davies)
PH will know we can do better maybe dis can offer us some of that midfield bite we lacked today
Anyway great day again 3 Points so happy
Roll on Tuesday
Come on Town!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 44
HertsGTFC
September 24, 2016, 8:38pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from moosey_club
3 points......
Not stylish....
Determined defensively but pretty poor in possession especially second half...was crying out for someone to put their foot on the ball.
Surrendered ground as the game wore on but thankfully Mansfield, although strong and quick in most areas, were also sh1t too.
Two performances were we have struggled now...just managed to defend better this week.

We have that player ....put Vose inside!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 44
Mariner_09
September 24, 2016, 8:50pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,194
Gold Stars: 55
Now that was Paul Hurst, Grimsby Town away performance. Solid defensively, pinch a goal that we may or may not deserve. Looked like a definite pen and needless challenge by their keeper.

Davies was easily the MOM from the sliding clearance in the first 5 minutes when Andrew had gone awol to the challenge he put in on 90+4. He won everything and his positioning was superb.

Pearson was very good after the first 20 minutes as Green gave him the run around and pulled him out wide and did him on numerous occasions. After we scored he didn't threatean us as we seemed control the game better. After that he won everything and the defence as a whole looked solid and dominant.

I thought Omar had another excellent game, he worried defenders and can do things with the ball at his feet that most professional footballers can't even attempt. Jackson looked low on confident in front of goal and he didn't quite frighten his man with out right pace as his legs didn't seem to work properly.

All in all, we defended as well as I'd seen and I don't think the inclusion of the extremley composed and commanding Collins are mutually exclusive. However we didn't threaten as much as in previous weeks but we looked more cohesive.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 44
KingstonMariner
September 25, 2016, 10:01am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.06
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
The noise from the Town fans sounded brilliant - better on that young Mansfield fan's vlog than it did on Groundhopper's despite (or because of?) him being amongst it.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 44
Tinymariner
September 25, 2016, 12:16pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +30 / -2
Approval: +1,456
Gold Stars: 12
PH showed yesterday that he too is learning from his mistakes. Previously he would have put an extra defender on with 10 minutes to go which would invite further pressure and possibly concede a late equaliser. Instead, he put Vernon on to hold the ball upfront, without attacking for another goal and possibly losing it and conceding. I'm not a fan of Vernon but I can see the reasons for the change. Great win, UTM.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 44
Tangerine Chris
September 25, 2016, 2:43pm
Old git with a sense of humour
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: -24

IF YOU PLAY FOR THE BADGE ON THE FRONT OF YOUR SHIRT
THEY WILL REMEMBER THE NAME ON THE BACK OF IT

You can change your wife, your house, your car, but you can never change your team.
Chairmen come and go, boards come and go, but the fans remain.
They are the one true constant

Eddie Thompson OBE
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 44
MuddyWaters
September 25, 2016, 2:59pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,277
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from HertsGTFC

We have that player ....put Vose inside!

I'd prefer Berrett there myself. He is not a wide player but looked ever so comfortable on the ball in centre mid.
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 44
Maringer
September 25, 2016, 11:08pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,625
Gold Stars: 185
Quoted from Tangerine Chris

Clearly not a game of many chances!

Definite penalty, mind. Not sure what their keeper was thinking, mind, but you can't complain too much and it was an emphatic penalty from Bogle. I like to see them hit quite hard.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 44
Mrbusdriver
September 26, 2016, 12:14am

Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +70
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I'd prefer Berrett there myself. He is not a wide player but looked ever so comfortable on the ball in centre mid.

I agree he looks comfortable but I've yet to see no look passing , round the corners, through the gate , above avarage attacking awareness , Vose can put his foot on the ball and while his tempo is stopped , he still keeps the momentum of the threat of a goal alive. While he can do a decent job as an inside forward, I understand why he needs to be played in the advance player role.

Find him and the team find the goal , if played high centrally , go and study the footage on MP and tell me I'm wrong.  Move what his doing with your imagination into 40 yard radios of 18 yard box and you will notice in doing so , that every option becomes playable , with his ability , he can unlock these defenders , so from my view and my own perception , I understand why this comment was made and agree that his a key that if used in that role , will unlock teams for fun. Drawing fouls, strength on ball, passing ability . Ect ect
But PH already knows this and will move him soon if he thinks it's for good of team, I trust PH to do what's best,  so while I wish to see this myself happen , I don't care if it don't , other pictures are going on , example defending from the front, pace and running at players to create openings, so you can't argue really, but the game is named football for a reason and if you have the ability to play so close to goal by doing so , I want that as its more exciting to see, time will tell but I understand why it's been mentioned to put him there.

I'm adding to this becuase by playing Vose there we lose our ability to defend , effectively up front, so it's possible a 20 min system maybe 30 mins, while chambers is great at getting down the flanks and is played as a winger and Davis , over laps and they complement each other, the ball can't be crossed in unless we have a defender making a run into the box to back up bogle, Vose can't jump to header , he will be bullied in the air, Jackson I don't think either is strong enough in the air so we lose something if we ever played him there, I did write about 4-2-3-1 which would counter the loss of another striker upfront 4-4-2 diamond formation won't allow the roles of inside forwards to be played effectively and crossing from both flanks just to bogle will be I think pot luck. The percentages would not warrant this type of game for 90 mins in a 4-4-2 formation hence 4-2-3-1 so the flanks get used and cutting inside with your advanced player always hunting the space to receive works I'm waiting for my brain to give me another workable system and it will as the more games I see the more pictures I'll get as to what I think the team can pull off, anyway it's not as simple as saying just chuck Vose in behind bogle to hunt space and receive there lots going on and the other team are also pros and switched on to any weakness they sniff PH is doing a good job thus far in my book and the balance is ok but some teams will shut us down as they have the right pros to do it effectively. 4-2-3-1 though I think we could be very dangerous. But I'm no expert. Just a fan and want the best system to finish in playoffs for us. I'm not just happy with get to 50 points when I see our potential.

[url=http://avatars.jurko.net][img]http://img1.jurko.net/avatar_3629.gif[/img][/url]
[url=http://avatars.jurko.net][img]http://img1.jurko.net/avatar_5619.gif[/img][/url]
[url=http://avatars.jurko.net][img]http://img1.jurko.net/avatar_18128.gif[/img][/url]
[url=http://avatars.jurko.net][img]http://avatars.jurko.net/uploads/avatar_22656.gif[/img][/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 44
MuddyWaters
September 26, 2016, 7:17am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,277
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Mrbusdriver

I agree he looks comfortable but I've yet to see no look passing , round the corners, through the gate , above avarage attacking awareness , Vose can put his foot on the ball and while his tempo is stopped , he still keeps the momentum of the threat of a goal alive. While he can do a decent job as an inside forward, I understand why he needs to be played in the advance player role.

Find him and the team find the goal , if played high centrally , go and study the footage on MP and tell me I'm wrong.  Move what his doing with your imagination into 40 yard radios of 18 yard box and you will notice in doing so , that every option becomes playable , with his ability , he can unlock these defenders , so from my view and my own perception , I understand why this comment was made and agree that his a key that if used in that role , will unlock teams for fun. Drawing fouls, strength on ball, passing ability . Ect ect
But PH already knows this and will move him soon if he thinks it's for good of team, I trust PH to do what's best,  so while I wish to see this myself happen , I don't care if it don't , other pictures are going on , example defending from the front, pace and running at players to create openings, so you can't argue really, but the game is named football for a reason and if you have the ability to play so close to goal by doing so , I want that as its more exciting to see, time will tell but I understand why it's been mentioned to put him there.

I'm adding to this becuase by playing Vose there we lose our ability to defend , effectively up front, so it's possible a 20 min system maybe 30 mins, while chambers is great at getting down the flanks and is played as a winger and Davis , over laps and they complement each other, the ball can't be crossed in unless we have a defender making a run into the box to back up bogle, Vose can't jump to header , he will be bullied in the air, Jackson I don't think either is strong enough in the air so we lose something if we ever played him there, I did write about 4-2-3-1 which would counter the loss of another striker upfront 4-4-2 diamond formation won't allow the roles of inside forwards to be played effectively and crossing from both flanks just to bogle will be I think pot luck. The percentages would not warrant this type of game for 90 mins in a 4-4-2 formation hence 4-2-3-1 so the flanks get used and cutting inside with your advanced player always hunting the space to receive works I'm waiting for my brain to give me another workable system and it will as the more games I see the more pictures I'll get as to what I think the team can pull off, anyway it's not as simple as saying just chuck Vose in behind bogle to hunt space and receive there lots going on and the other team are also pros and switched on to any weakness they sniff PH is doing a good job thus far in my book and the balance is ok but some teams will shut us down as they have the right pros to do it effectively. 4-2-3-1 though I think we could be very dangerous. But I'm no expert. Just a fan and want the best system to finish in playoffs for us. I'm not just happy with get to 50 points when I see our potential.

For what it's worth, I agree with you!
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 44
ginnywings
September 26, 2016, 8:59am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Has 80's glory returned?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 44
oldun
September 26, 2016, 9:52am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
Quoted from Mrbusdriver

And breathe!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 44
Mrbusdriver
September 26, 2016, 10:28am

Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +70
Quoted from oldun

And breathe!

Glad I only wrote the short and quick version
I might just start posting , footballs simple, play what you see.

[url=http://avatars.jurko.net][img]http://img1.jurko.net/avatar_3629.gif[/img][/url]
[url=http://avatars.jurko.net][img]http://img1.jurko.net/avatar_5619.gif[/img][/url]
[url=http://avatars.jurko.net][img]http://img1.jurko.net/avatar_18128.gif[/img][/url]
[url=http://avatars.jurko.net][img]http://avatars.jurko.net/uploads/avatar_22656.gif[/img][/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 44
arryarryarry
September 26, 2016, 11:18am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,036
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from moosey_club
3 points......
Not stylish....

Have to say I agree with you, not our best performance by some way. Mansfield put us under quite a bit of pressure in the first half with a fine save by McKeown and a good goal line clearance from probably my man of the match Davies.

I was disappointed in the way we approached the second half, too much long ball being over hit with the wind, I would have liked us to play it more on the ground.

Also disappointed with our wide players again, not too many balls into the box, especially from Chambers, was surprised he stayed on to be honest.
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 44
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.