This thread currently has 3,857 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
mariner paul
August 31, 2016, 7:07pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +1 / -1
Approval: +30
Can see Mr Hurst having a lot of fun tinkering with all the new loan signings can't see us having anything like a settled side for a while
Logged Offline
Private Message
gary_elton
August 31, 2016, 7:15pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.20
Rep Score: +23 / -6
Approval: +1,243
Gold Stars: 6
I dont know... people clammering for side strengthening , then woe betide Mr Hurst
if he decides to use them....

All my pictures , Seem to fade to black and white.... (Reg Dwight)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 15
MuddyWaters
August 31, 2016, 7:32pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,277
Gold Stars: 236
Couldn't disagree more. Needed another goal scorer - done. Needed a defensive midfielder to cover Sean McAllister - done. Needed another keeper - absolutely done (gets rave reviews for Manure yoofs), just a centre back please gents.
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 15
IlkleyMariner
August 31, 2016, 7:51pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +3,037
Gold Stars: 69
I really don't understand some of the negative comments from so-called fans. I bet some of the critics are a real joy to live with.

Lets celebrate a team strengthening which can only be good for all GTFC fans.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 15
grimsby pete
August 31, 2016, 9:41pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,823
Gold Stars: 222
We have signed quality so they are on loan,

You never know if they enjoy the Cleethorpes air they might want to stay,

Well done Hursty just need that central defender now.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 15
chaos33
August 31, 2016, 9:51pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,972
Gold Stars: 360
Less than an hour to go.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 15
Posh Harry
August 31, 2016, 10:07pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +4,363
Gold Stars: 35
Don't forget that the decline only applies to transfers for players who are under contract or loan deals so we can still sign out of contract players after tonight
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 15
Mrbusdriver
August 31, 2016, 10:18pm

Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +70
Quoted from Posh Harry
Don't forget that the decline only applies to transfers for players who are under contract or loan deals so we can still sign out of contract players after tonight

Good point

However will there be a decent out of contract CB to sign ??

If so excellent , I'm happy with what come in , I'm guessing CB if deal not done was a disagreement over wages between clubs, pure speculation ofc PH well done for today business , roll on Saturday 👍

[url=http://avatars.jurko.net][img]http://img1.jurko.net/avatar_3629.gif[/img][/url]
[url=http://avatars.jurko.net][img]http://img1.jurko.net/avatar_5619.gif[/img][/url]
[url=http://avatars.jurko.net][img]http://img1.jurko.net/avatar_18128.gif[/img][/url]
[url=http://avatars.jurko.net][img]http://avatars.jurko.net/uploads/avatar_22656.gif[/img][/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 15
Mariner_09
August 31, 2016, 10:44pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,194
Gold Stars: 55
I think the reintroduction of McAllister to side will make us look a lot more solid as he made key interceptions and closed passing lines which is totally unnoticable but very useful and effective. Also hopefully the new keeper will make Macca up his game and a keeper who will claim crosses and rush out and claim balls every time inspires confidence which will definitely make us more solid.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 15
September 1, 2016, 7:01am
Guest User
Quoted from IlkleyMariner
I really don't understand some of the negative comments from so-called fans. I bet some of the critics are a real joy to live with.

Lets celebrate a team strengthening which can only be good for all GTFC fans.

Not sure about that.
I can't imagine PH thought a bit ago: "what I need is a striker with no league credentials, an inexperienced midfielder and a teenage goalkeeper....". My reaction to the loan signings was that obviously Hurst couldn't get the guys he was hoping for.(May be negative but may also be true!)

I'm old enough to know any or all of them may 'come good' here - and I hope they do. (Positive....OK?)
Reply: 9 - 15
oldun
September 1, 2016, 7:10am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
Wouldn't be surprised the see the new young keeper between the sticks sooner rather than later. Not knocking anything but has Macca really improved in the last couple of seasons. He has always been a good shot stopper but other aspects of his game are still below par. Bear in mind we have had a full time keeper coach for 18 months so what has happened?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 15
Cloudy
September 1, 2016, 7:15am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Hasn't McKeown been in the team of the year for the league he is playing in for the last couple of seasons??

Now he is crap in some people's eyes. He made some real howlers early last season, possibly down in part to his illness, but recoverded to keep us in games as the season progressed.

He is a quality keeper at Lge2 level and I am sure he will prove the doubters wrong
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 15
rancido
September 1, 2016, 7:20am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,617
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from Cloudy
Hasn't McKeown been in the team of the year for the league he is playing in for the last couple of seasons??

Now he is crap in some people's eyes. He made some real howlers early last season, possibly down in part to his illness, but recoverded to keep us in games as the season progressed.

He is a quality keeper at Lge2 level and I am sure he will prove the doubters wrong

He's made some howlers this season and not possibly down to his illness!

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 15
Tommy
September 1, 2016, 7:26am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,866
Gold Stars: 76
Macca seems a great lad and he's shown great loyalty to us I think when he could've gone elsewhere in he last few years. But it's getting to the point now where I'm starting to feel nervous whenever the ball goes in our box. And his kicking's bloody awful too, winds me up kicking it out of play = giving possession away.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 15
gary_elton
September 1, 2016, 7:35am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.20
Rep Score: +23 / -6
Approval: +1,243
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from 137

"what I need is a striker with no league credentials, an inexperienced midfielder and a teenage goalkeeper....". My reaction to the loan signings was that obviously Hurst couldn't get the guys he was hoping for.(May be negative but may also be true!)

I'm old enough to know any or all of them may 'come good' here - and I hope they do. (Positive....OK?)

Erm... like Bogle , and how old was McKeown when he came here ???

This 19 year old keeper wouldnt be at Old Trafford for nothing... or England U21 material.... this young
keeper has got his name down for a very bright future methinks....

Still +ve here....  

All my pictures , Seem to fade to black and white.... (Reg Dwight)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 15
Cloudy
September 1, 2016, 8:04am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from rancido

He's made some howlers this season and not possibly down to his illness!

Agh, the old taking part of a sentence out of context game

The rest of the sentence stated he recovered to keep us in games. I have no doubt the will do so again
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 15
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Loan signingsc

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.