Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Brian Laws vs. Ivano Bonetti (1996)
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 140 Guests

Brian Laws vs. Ivano Bonetti (1996)

This thread currently has 3,766 views. Print
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
arryarryarry
August 31, 2016, 11:09am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,036
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from rancido

I do agree that a professional footballers life is short and they obviously have to get the best deal they. What annoyed me though was Bonnettis indifference to the club after losing away. I got the impression that it wasn't so much the playing for the club that was uppermost in his mind.

It might not have been his indifference to the club but to Brian Laws who was a strange character at times.
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 12
Marinerz93
August 31, 2016, 11:45am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
My lad was a mascot against Leicester when Brain Laws was manager and just after the said incident. You could see that old big hair was passionate and he made a fuss of the mascots, I was quite impressed with him.

You could see that he was from the school of Cloughy mentoring but he let his temper go further than Cloughy ever did. He lost the players respect but the players also lost respect for the club for not punishing him, he should have been fined / suspended / anger management treatment.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 12
Posh Harry
August 31, 2016, 12:34pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +4,363
Gold Stars: 35
Quoted from Marinerz93
My lad was a mascot against Leicester when Brain Laws was manager and just after the said incident. You could see that old big hair was passionate and he made a fuss of the mascots, I was quite impressed with him.

You could see that he was from the school of Cloughy mentoring but he let his temper go further than Cloughy ever did. He lost the players respect but the players also lost respect for the club for not punishing him, he should have been fined / suspended / anger management treatment.

Mr Clough (RIP) managed to slap a fan who came on the pitch once so I guess him and Laws are/were about equal with temper issues
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 12
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Brian Laws vs. Ivano Bonetti (1996)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.