This thread currently has 3,342 views. Print
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Pastandpresent
August 14, 2016, 4:33pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: -226
At present were trying to steam roll teams and from what I saw yesterday the minute we can't use our pace we have no guile Mcallister can rat around but to put his foot on the ball and play he's found wanting if this team is to work we need more creativity rather than brute
Mckeown
Davis Pearson  gowling Andrews
Mcallister berrett summerfield
             Vose
Bogle.  Jackson

This system helps Vose who will create chances because he's not afraid of having the ball  and Davies and Andrews can overlap with macca and berrett covering when going forward
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 18
Mariner_09
August 14, 2016, 4:55pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,192
Gold Stars: 55
The back 4 doesn't need messing around with. Keep it settled. They are all very able players and in time will become a very solid and tight unit. I agree that guile is a problem but the problem is players with guile are usually not especially keen on teamwork (Neilson, Jai Reason, Marsh Brown, Deverdics) and Hurst never likes lazy players, I don't know is Vose fits into that category.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 18
Pastandpresent
August 14, 2016, 5:21pm
Beer Drinker
Then hurst will have to wake up most teams have  2 or 3 game changers at present the team we put out against Wycombe and morcombe was a  journey men team Mcallister 28 berrett 27 summerfield 25  vernon 31 tommo 26 and it shows there quality in the way we played we got into a physical battle when yesterday all we needed was to put some passes together
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 18
mariner91
August 14, 2016, 6:02pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,636
Gold Stars: 261
Quoted from Pastandpresent
Then hurst will have to wake up most teams have  2 or 3 game changers at present the team we put out against Wycombe and morcombe was a  journey men team Mcallister 28 berrett 27 summerfield 25  vernon 31 tommo 26 and it shows there quality in the way we played we got into a physical battle when yesterday all we needed was to put some passes together

I think you're confused. Normally the number you quote when claiming someone is a journeyman is the number of clubs they've had, not their age.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 18
Pastandpresent
August 14, 2016, 7:34pm
Beer Drinker
You're right I meant the level theyve played at from what I've seen they won't take control of a game
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 18
Davec
August 14, 2016, 8:32pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,441
Gold Stars: 42
4-4-2 for me.

Mckeown
Davies
Boyce
Gowling
Andrew
Browne
Berrett
McAllister
Bolarinwa
Bogle
Jackson

Bolarinwa on his favourite side, Browne is 2 footed according to himself so I'm sure he'll be capable in Right wing with Bolarinwa on the left, also Berrett in centre mid because he's wasted out wide. Also Colchester have 2 tricky wingers who like getting 1v1 with the full backs, so we will need 2 proper wingers to double up.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 18
bradzmilne
August 14, 2016, 10:28pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +40 / -7
Approval: +1,400
Gold Stars: 29
I'd like too see an out  an out winger rather than Berrett - don't get me wrong he's done OK but he likes too drift inside a little too much IMO (similarly too McLaughlin a few years back).  Lets go out and scare teams

Sleep well Icey, Matty and Richard. Keep each other company up there xx

4 Relegations in 18 Years - John Fenty’s legacy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 18
TAGG
August 16, 2016, 10:35am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,962
Gold Stars: 124
Would like to see the same team with one change Diz in for summerfield UTM

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 18
promotion plaice
August 16, 2016, 7:13pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,049
Gold Stars: 197

Did I miss the "Colchester Prediction Thread".

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 18
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Team for Colchester

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.