Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › If You Were In Charge Of The Club Today..
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 153 Guests

If You Were In Charge Of The Club Today..

This thread currently has 4,609 views. Print
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
KingstonMariner
May 26, 2016, 7:58pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
In this scenario Bigdog, do we have £2-3m of benign debt?

If so that's a stumbling block to option 2, and possibly a big problem with option 1 too.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 24
Bigdog
May 26, 2016, 7:57pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from KingstonMariner
In this scenario Bigdog, do we have £2-3m of benign debt?

If so that's a stumbling block to option 2, and possibly a big problem with option 1 too.

Not sure what the tax position for the club would be if it was written off. But if feasible I would do it to try and make option 1 and 2 easier to achieve..

It's never benign until it's off the balance sheet, promises or not.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 24
KingstonMariner
May 26, 2016, 8:17pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Aye. I'd want to focus on that first to unlock the true potential of the club. If I was looking to invest, I'd do my due diligence and see that as who really controls the club.

Shares for debt deal?

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 24
May 26, 2016, 8:51pm
Guest User
I would have a word with my manager. Ask him not to go out of his way to antagonise the supporters, definitely don't cup your ear to the 12000 fans who raised 110k for his budget. I'd ask him make a brief speech on the open top promotion bus to congratulate his team and to thank the supporters for a season of amazing support away from home, and I'd ask him to close the divide between himself and the supporters. I'd remind him that the fans will turn on him much quicker should we lose a few games in succession if he is despised. I'd also remind him we finished 21 points behind Cheltenham Town and the odds on us getting lucky one of those seasons were decent.
Reply: 23 - 24
1mickylyons
May 27, 2016, 7:20am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,386
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from GrimRob
First priority is to get as many season ticket holders as possible signed up. A bit of market research into a pricing strategy that would maximise revenue while not pricing out loyal suopporters. Second, keep the club in the news over the close season by drip feeding news/signings to the press. Then on the commerical front look for sponsors/advertisers and anyone willing to invest, including smaller investors willing to buy shares. The new ground obviously is a long-term ambition but there's probably a limited amount you can do on a daily basis.

WHS
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 24
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › If You Were In Charge Of The Club Today..

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.