WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP
May 25, 2016, 4:06pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.63
Rep Score: +16 / -2
Approval: +3,698
Gold Stars: 72
Quoted from jock dock tower
A couple of astute signings from the higher leagues of players coming to the end of their careers would be exactly what is needed to help bed the team back into the Football League. You can't beat genuine quality and experience, and if we could replcate some of the signings Buckley made like that we could be in for a real treat.

Paul Futcher taken from Halifax reserves, Trevor Whymark, Gary Birtles and Chris Nicholl. Jeezo, I salivate now whenever I remember the class they bought onto the pitch at BP. Wonder if we will ever see their like again here?

This comment fills me with fear, and names like Barry Conlon, Nick Colgan and Martin butler come back to haunt me. No no no, more up and comers like bogle and clever signings of players with something to prove that have been misused at other clubs like nolan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 52
Mariners_15
May 25, 2016, 4:38pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +17 / -4
Approval: +538
Gold Stars: 1
I heard the Amond to Scunny thing at the Chester home game a month or so back, don't know how true it is but it's a fairly easy rumour to start with the amount of goals he;s scored and them being our local rivals in the league above.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 52
arryarryarry
May 25, 2016, 10:20pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,039
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from forza ivano

You obviously missed the 40 minutes of pure class that Anthony Straker gave us last season

Is that what you called it, reminded me of what's brown and sounds like a bell.
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 52
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Bold Hurst to be congratulated

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.