Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Drummers!!!!!!
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 299 Guests

Drummers!!!!!!

This thread currently has 3,576 views. Print
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
mariner91
May 23, 2016, 11:50am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,695
Gold Stars: 262
The singing was far too fast from some sections. Allez-allez-allez-oooh was whizzed through at a million miles per hour making it impossible for others to join in.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 18
May 23, 2016, 12:41pm
Guest User
I too am very frustrated that Wembley decided to put the locals before people who actually cared about the two teams playing. Typical incompetence from the organisers of the FA trophy and hopefully I never have to watch a game in that tin pot trophy again. Bye bye non league  
Reply: 11 - 18
Davec
May 23, 2016, 1:05pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,455
Gold Stars: 42
The atmosphere was really intermittent, inconsistent, disjointed yesterday.

As Barralad and others have said the drummers was a great loss because without them everybody is sort of singing their own songs at random times and there is no unison, and that's because there is no drummers keeping the beat

The Fish chant was sang abit but block 109 was singing it at a different time to the other blocks, there was some isolated singing but again this didn't spread, or when it did, it was sang at different speeds or at different times, there was people behind me putting an extra clap for the fish chant so that threw them of course and others around, just a damp squid really
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 18
Jaws
May 23, 2016, 2:25pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,306
Gold Stars: 11
Booked block 111 and could only get near the back. Assumed it was because it was the singing block and full of town fans but it was dire.

There was plenty of families who parents weren't fans but took their kids after last week and because it was a cheap day. Was frustrating seeing the parents who clearly wasn't regulars encouraging the disjointed chanting but thought intercourse it, if they're having a good time then they might become regulars.
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 18
bluerose13x
May 23, 2016, 5:39pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +323
From what I heard from the stewards there after the 1st match they closed all the food/drink outlets in the Morpeth area expecting them to all clear off after their match only for a decent number of them to stay causing wembley managent to consider opening concourse barrier and  sending them all round to us for refreshments.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 18
lukeo
May 24, 2016, 6:55am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,388
Gold Stars: 149
The two lads that drummed last weekend where fantastic and good friends of mine.  they're not the lads who do it every week at away games though so i'd like to say well done to the 4-5 lads who followed town everywhere with the drums and helped the atmosphere massively.  I hope you boys will be around again next season. FGR away a little lad can't have been more than 10 year old was on one of the drums. intercourse he was good!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 18
oochiad
May 24, 2016, 8:28am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +3,721
Gold Stars: 28
Yes the FGR away game atmosphere was helped massively by the the drummers. They kept going all match which made it easy for us to create a brilliant atmosphere. Well done!!! Shame the stewards at Guiesley took the drums off them.......

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 18
gary_elton
May 24, 2016, 8:36am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.20
Rep Score: +23 / -6
Approval: +1,243
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from diehardmariner
completely out of tune songs

ooooh , you can be so hurtful... I even warmed up and did vocal exercises pre-match...

All my pictures , Seem to fade to black and white.... (Reg Dwight)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 18
Balthazar Bullitt
May 24, 2016, 1:06pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +10 / -1
Approval: +2,260
Gold Stars: 16
^^^ Gargling Tetley's?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 18
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Drummers!!!!!!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.