Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Still angry!
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 400 Guests

Still angry!

This thread currently has 1,646 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
MuddyWaters
May 6, 2016, 1:24pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,235
Gold Stars: 235
Last night's match was the biggest game of our season - bar none - and we were devoid of guile, craft, ideas and leadership. And then the manager has the brass neck to say that he's confident but he wouldn't put his mortgage on us going through.

Mr Hurst - do you realise how much the loyal fans of Grimsby Town FC have paid out over the past 5 seasons to help pay your fuckingmortgage?

I suppose you think we're still spoiled?
Private Message
grimsby pete
May 6, 2016, 1:35pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,792
Gold Stars: 222
I am not angry,

Just very very disappointed again !!!!!!!

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 9
Grantley
May 6, 2016, 1:31pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +2,517
Gold Stars: 9
In all fairness, who would put their mortgage on us turning it round?

Jordan Magrew
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 9
MuddyWaters
May 6, 2016, 1:32pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,235
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from Grantley

Well if the man running the show won't, we are basically poked.
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 9
grimsby pete
May 6, 2016, 1:41pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,792
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from Grantley

It was a silly think to say,

All he had to do was to say we are still positive we can do it without that negative statement.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 9
HertsGTFC
May 6, 2016, 1:40pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,909
Gold Stars: 228
Just back after the 3 hours drive down South.............I am no longer angry just embarrassed as we look like we are going to whimper out versus a team of semi pros and one of the smallest clubs in the NL...............and thus I think give VGR safe passage to the FL.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 9
RonMariner
May 6, 2016, 4:19pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,671
Gold Stars: 226
The worst aspect of all this is that it looked like the easiest play off we have been involved in so far. Three minnows and us. We should have walked it.

So now it looks like we will be scrapping it out next season with the likes of Wrexham and Tranmere, plus two of the other three of this years play off sides.  For two seasons running one of the relegated teams has bounced straight back, so we might have tough opposition from that quarter too.

Looks like another tough struggle to get near that top spot next season.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 9
diehardmariner
May 6, 2016, 4:37pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,606
Gold Stars: 538
Quoted from Grantley

I probably wouldn't.  Hell, I wouldn't.  I wouldn't put a quid on Town even if they were 5-0 up deep into injury time, they can't be trusted.

But you just don't say what he did.   Too much is made of what manager say to the press and comments are always there to be taken out of context but christ almighty this was up there with the stupidest things to say of all time!

Just say 'It's gonna be tough but we'll sure as hell go there and give it our best'.   Worst he'll get accused of is a boring and predictable sound bite.   Added to the 'some fans will have given up', this has to go down as a great example of how to not do a post-match press conference.
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 9
wembley_double98
May 6, 2016, 4:41pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +154
Quoted from Grantley

I hear GrimRob likes a flutter!!

Allegedly

The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity.
The optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 9
WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP
May 6, 2016, 4:55pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +16 / -2
Approval: +3,689
Gold Stars: 72
Its funny, usually after something like this, I come online in the morning and find everyone has regrouped, some threads trying to stir up some optimism, its only 1 goal etc.. But doesn't seem to be much of it today, definately think hurts post match interview has played a big part in that, he may aswell have blamed the defeat on ghosts, was that eye opening moment where you realise he no longer appears in control of our situation.

My opinion right now is if you want hurst to stay after this (promotion would save him, but I don't think his football and personality will ever win me round completely) then you have a small club mentality because a club like dover or braintree wouldn't think of sacking a manager that had acheived what hurst has acheived.

If you believe were a bigger club than this division then promotion is the aim and failure to acheive that is not acceptable. If last season was hursts first season then yeh itd be acceptable for him to stay, because we got very close, performed in the playoffs and went out on penalties. but we've NEVER had a sustained challenge for the title in this division. Everyone will instantly click back to a year when we were top and chanting that we were going up. However, as I remember we had crashed out that race by february and thats the closest we ever came. Thats not good enough for what we've spent, our fanbase, and our status in this league. I think we're just scared to move on because we've had stability under hurst, and we had so long without stability before that. But in my opinion we'll be fine now.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 9
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Still angry!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.