7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Madeleymariner
May 6, 2016, 1:01am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,061
Gold Stars: 50
Rubbish negative tactics, did Disley or Nolan even go in the Braintree area in open play? as for Gowling he has become a liability in the last couple of months, every tackle/header he makes seems last ditch and at full stretch, as if he cannot read the game-really weird
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 60
PPMariner
May 6, 2016, 1:08am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +15 / -8
Approval: +476
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from Bigdog

I think he lost the players before that Acko, culminating in the Bogle tweets at Halifax. I think the messing around with Amond, Clay and Bogle for loan signings were the beginning of it all..

Robinson and Tomlinson came in, Amond and Clay were dropped. He'd lost me a season before but I *really* began to struggle when the lineup for Torquay at home was announced; in September.

Clueless.

I think (hope, pray) we can still turn this around, but Paul Hurst remains Paul Hurst, and everything witnessed this season and last remains true; so for me he should be gone, however the next one/two matches pan out.

My money would be on him still being manager come next season, regardless.

"Associate yourself with men of good quality, if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 60
psgmariner
May 6, 2016, 1:07am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
Kept reading all season we had the best squad in the league?!

Tait apart they were excrement tonight.

Private Message
Reply: 52 - 60
Mrs Doyle
May 6, 2016, 4:04am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Hurst and some of those players have 90 minutes left to redeem themselves.

Can you imagine Wembley with Braintree and village green you could fit the fans in a good size shed lol  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 60
golfer
May 6, 2016, 7:15am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.29
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,450
Gold Stars: 118
Quoted from Mrs Doyle
Hurst and some of those players have 90 minutes left to redeem themselves.

Can you imagine Wembley with Braintree and village green you could fit the fans in a good size shed lol  

I wouldn,t give Hurst or Doig even 5 minutes, they are not going to change. The players didn,t become garbage overnight. This team has gone downhill ever since Hurst brought in those players in the transfer window. Craig Clay has been cast aside 2 times,  once for Robinson and then for Nolan. Our performances plummeted both times .Both players were of a similar type. It is evident these are not the type of players this team needs Hurst hasn,t realised this and never will  We never gain control of the midfield for the simple reason that the midfield players are never where they should be when we attack or when we defend. I was a midfielder myself,or halfback in my day and found that you had be adaptable yourself.You had to alter your own style of play depending on how the game was going.  You had to help each other !  This was called teamwork--- thats what is missing.  He is not playing the right players to achieve this.  It is too late now with Hurst or Doig at the helm.  What I would do is go round to the bank, draw out  £10k, Go round to Alan Buckley,s house, get down on my knees and plead with him to get us to Wembley. If he wanted £20k I would go back to the bank.  We have at most 48 hours to do something.  ACT NOW.  If you,ve got no ready cash I,ll lend you it  but please do something now. This is a plea from the heart .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 60
Fan
May 6, 2016, 7:13am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Approval: -271
Hurst is a bin man
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 60
1mickylyons
May 6, 2016, 7:22am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,389
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from golfer

I wouldn,t give Hurst or Doig even 5 minutes, they are not going to change. The players didn,t become garbage overnight. This team has gone downhill ever since Hurst brought in those players in the transfer window. Craig Clay has been cast aside 2 times,  once for Robinson and then for Nolan. Our performances plummeted both times .Both players were of a similar type. It is evident these are not the type of players this team needs Hurst hasn,t realised this and never will  We never gain control of the midfield for the simple reason that the midfield players are never where they should be when we attack or when we defend. I was a midfielder myself,or halfback in my day and found that you had be adaptable yourself.You had to alter your own style of play depending on how the game was going.  You had to help each other !  This was called teamwork--- thats what is missing.  He is not playing the right players to achieve this.  It is too late now with Hurst or Doig at the helm.  What I would do is go round to the bank, draw out  £10k, Go round to Alan Buckley,s house, get down on my knees and plead with him to get us to Wembley. If he wanted £20k I would go back to the bank.  We have at most 48 hours to do something.  ACT NOW.  If you,ve got no ready cash I,ll lend you it  but please do something now. This is a plea from the heart .

I think the 5k Town fans last night all wanted to see one thing win,lose or draw and that was a team that attacked and went for the win from the off instead we got 90 mins of huffing and puffing with no end product and the fans end up gutted again and told it`s their fault for not inspiring the team.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 60
jonnyboy82
May 6, 2016, 8:30am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from PPMariner

Robinson and Tomlinson came in, Amond and Clay were dropped. He'd lost me a season before but I *really* began to struggle when the lineup for Torquay at home was announced; in September.

Clueless.

I think (hope, pray) we can still turn this around, but Paul Hurst remains Paul Hurst, and everything witnessed this season and last remains true; so for me he should be gone, however the next one/two matches pan out.

My money would be on him still being manager come next season, regardless.

Well if he is still in charge next season and he doesnt by some hurst fluke get us up it is down to the fans to show we aint putting up with another season of his excrement, it wont be easy not going next season but if he is in charge their is more chance of monkhouse doing a rabonna than me going next season.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 60
ginnywings
May 6, 2016, 8:55am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from promotion plaice

More likely to be Boston UTD..........

Poetic license........................
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 60
Caesar
May 6, 2016, 10:43am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +1,799
Oddly and poorly reflecting the mood of most Town fans I am not that down this morning.  I think this is due to the sort of acceptance that we wouldn't be able to suddenly turn round our general poor performances and form.  That i am accepting of c*** like that is probablly the worst indictment of Paul Hurst and our teams performances generally.  

I was a big defender of Hurst earlier in the season, after our run last season that led to Operation Promotion I felt he had earnt time and restored a faith in our team.  That has evapourated and I was wrong.  I don't think we have a chance of going up.  I will be there on Sunday desperately hoping to be proved wrong, but ultimately I don't think I will be devestated again, because of that simple expectation that nothing will happen.  That is again a sad indictment of how low things have gotten.

Braintree didn't just sit back last night imo, they actually pressed us reasonably high up, that kind of break led to the goal, wtf was Gowling doing btw.  This actually gave us more opportunity to exploit space, they got back and defended very well but a little guile and speed, we could of exposed them, we didn't have that.  They outthought us and oufought us.  So manager and players let themselves down.

Exception to that would be Mckeown who as someonelse said was one of the few players trying to inject pace and urgency into the game with his distribution and Tait who was solid without being spectacular.    
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 60
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.