HertsGTFC
May 1, 2016, 9:07am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,985
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from MuddyWaters

That's as maybe, but as I have stated far too many times on here, I don't give a to$$ what happens to any other club than ours.

Neither do I but it was worth making the point that we still have a great chance of playing in the FL next year.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 76
ginnywings
May 1, 2016, 9:38am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
We've been told we have to be positive and seeing as i have nothing positive to say about PH, then i have chosen to keep my own council lately.

My thoughts are that play offs should come with a buzz of excitement, nervous anticipation and cautious optimism. The only thing i feel is dread.

I will be there Thursday backing the team all the way.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 76
Mariner Ronnie
May 1, 2016, 11:31am

Lower Findus
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +45 / -6
Approval: +1,100
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from GtfcGarner
£30 on Dover each game, I'll be happy to lose my money.

Don't make me do it too...... 😒

Today we got our team back - town fan leaving Wembley may 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 76
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
May 1, 2016, 11:37am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from ginnywings
We've been told we have to be positive and seeing as i have nothing positive to say about PH, then i have chosen to keep my own council lately.

My thoughts are that play offs should come with a buzz of excitement, nervous anticipation and cautious optimism. The only thing i feel is dread.

I will be there Thursday backing the team all the way.

Spot on. That nasty little dread devil is bashing away at the back of my mind as well Ginny. Just back the team and pray eh?

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 76
rancido
May 1, 2016, 11:55am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,609
Gold Stars: 96
It's vital for the supporters to be behind the team from as soon as the game starts on Thursday or even as soon as the ground starts filling up. The strange thing is that this doubting the teams ability is nothing new at Grimsby. There was an article in the GET about when Tim Ward left Grimsby to join Derby in June 1962 just after we had gained promotion to Div 2. GTFC hadn't tied Ward down to a contract and he wanted more security but he was also quoted as saying " They are a good side ( GTFC ), despite unwarranted pessimism locally ". So obviously he had noticed disquiet in the fans even though we were a promotion winning team.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 76
Rik e B
May 1, 2016, 11:57am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
I feel him too, doesn't feel right but that doesn't mean definately won't end right so keep blind faith, cross every finger and toe possible and shout myself hoarse in hope collectively we can inspire.

This team can beat anyone on its day, but can't beat anyone on current form. Here's hoping for a few 'on' days!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 76
ginnywings
May 1, 2016, 12:13pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548

Spot on. That nasty little dread devil is bashing away at the back of my mind as well Ginny. Just back the team and pray eh?

Yep, that's my thoughts on the games.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 76
nightrider
May 1, 2016, 12:22pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +4 / -3
Approval: +464
Gold Stars: 10
Best time to be a Town fan in what, 10 years?
We cant lose. We win and were back in the league which imo could well be our easiest chance of getting there, ever. We lose and the management goes elsewhere.
Add in 2 potential trips to Wembley and I for one am really looking forward to the next 4 games

Christ you all wanted him sacked a few months ago. 6th place finish and he's now the messiah and can do no wrong  
Update:  I think I've got this right - He was the messiah. He then wasn't. He then was again. Then it turned out he actually wasnt. He turned into one big huge messiah again. Now he's not actually the messiah we thought he was . Now I'm hoping he rises again quickly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 76
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
May 1, 2016, 12:33pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from rancido
It's vital for the supporters to be behind the team from as soon as the game starts on Thursday or even as soon as the ground starts filling up. The strange thing is that this doubting the teams ability is nothing new at Grimsby. There was an article in the GET about when Tim Ward left Grimsby to join Derby in June 1962 just after we had gained promotion to Div 2. GTFC hadn't tied Ward down to a contract and he wanted more security but he was also quoted as saying " They are a good side ( GTFC ), despite unwarranted pessimism locally ". So obviously he had noticed disquiet in the fans even though we were a promotion winning team.

The unwarranted pessimism was really down to the club not signing players in the close season and the sale of Jimmy Fell the previous year. The pessimism was justified because the unstrengthened side struggled in Div 2 for 2 seasons before being relegated again. Another good manager Jimmy McGuigan stemmed the rot for a time and his team, including Matt Tees, Charlie Wright, Brian Hill & Rod Green that held West Ham to a draw we should have won, could have been promoted with more investment. He too left and we were on the slide to the bottom of Div 4 until McMenemy's arrival. Just 10 years after Ward's team was promoted to Div 2.

The point is that fans are not stupid. They could see what would happen and they voiced it. Fortunately for FA Would there was no Fishy in 1962 or he would have got the full blast.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 76
HertsGTFC
May 1, 2016, 2:52pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,985
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from nightrider
Best time to be a Town fan in what, 10 years?
We cant lose. We win and were back in the league which imo could well be our easiest chance of getting there, ever. We lose and the management goes elsewhere.
Add in 2 potential trips to Wembley and I for one am really looking forward to the next 4 games

Or we fail in the play off's and win the trophy and JF think that's success and keep everything the same.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 76
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Unbelievable

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.