This thread currently has 17,724 views. Print
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
OllieGTFC
May 1, 2016, 11:39pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +2 / -2
Approval: -293
We all know what happen to amond when he got rested scored a hat trick 😏 Catch my drift ?? UTM BELIEVE !!!

We're on our way back, we’ll was now on our way back to non league 👍🏻
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 100 - 121
Rik e B
May 2, 2016, 9:58am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
Quoted from lobsterpot
Dover were on form, we were still $hite and we went there expecting to get beat and did a number on them.

Is this a pi$$ take?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 101 - 121
HertsGTFC
May 2, 2016, 10:17am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,985
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from lobsterpot
Forget form folks. Yes at the moment we are $hite and Braintree are worldbeaters but it was only a few weeks ago that Dover were on form, we were still $hite and we went there expecting to get beat and did a number on them. If that was a play off leg then i wouldve been pretty happy.

I am not sure we did a job on them we drew after being one up and at times looked decent but also at times looked shaky.  

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 102 - 121
youaremygrimsby
May 2, 2016, 10:22am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +74
Hurst needs to set up on Thursday night to win, not to lose the game.
Too long at home have we seen sideways back / sideways back / lump into the channel for Amond. It comes to nothing...
I really hope Hurst goes for the kill because if we can get it right the tie can be over Thursday night!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 103 - 121
Cloudy
May 2, 2016, 12:40pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from youaremygrimsby
Hurst needs to set up on Thursday night to win, not to lose the game.
Too long at home have we seen sideways back / sideways back / lump into the channel for Amond. It comes to nothing...
I really hope Hurst goes for the kill because if we can get it right the tie can be over Thursday night!

Agree we have to be positive but passing it along the back, and yes at times backwards too, is a legitimate tactic! Retaining possession to try and draw them out before exploiting the space. Sadly at Blundell Park this is frowned upon with people getting on players backs for retaining possession of the ball hollowing 'get it forward'!!

When we do and the meathead defenders win it they moan again.

Sometimes I feel large numbers of fans are totally ignorant about the game they watch week in week out!
Private Message
Reply: 104 - 121
Marinerz93
May 2, 2016, 1:22pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Cloudy

Agree we have to be positive but passing it along the back, and yes at times backwards too, is a legitimate tactic! Retaining possession to try and draw them out before exploiting the space. Sadly at Blundell Park this is frowned upon with people getting on players backs for retaining possession of the ball hollowing 'get it forward'!!

When we do and the meathead defenders win it they moan again.

Sometimes I feel large numbers of fans are totally ignorant about the game they watch week in week out!

I would question you about the game you watch week in week out. Humping the ball up against the wind, against taller players than ours, and with no one running on to flick on's or through balls is what team with a lack of creativity does or is limited to. It is all well and good keeping possession but that allows opposition players to get back and park the bus, which we see all too often.

The answer is; we need to run at them, we have the players to do this, when you beat your man it naturally draws other players out of position as they try to cover the player that has just been beaten, that in turn open's up space which can be exploited. We have the players to run the opposition ragged, the shackles need to come off for these two games, play without fear, stop playing the percentages because we can out score anyone in the play off's.

Release the hounds.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 105 - 121
HertsGTFC
May 2, 2016, 1:47pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,985
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Marinerz93

I would question you about the game you watch week in week out. Humping the ball up against the wind, against taller players than ours, and with no one running on to flick on's or through balls is what team with a lack of creativity does or is limited to. It is all well and good keeping possession but that allows opposition players to get back and park the bus, which we see all too often.

The answer is; we need to run at them, we have the players to do this, when you beat your man it naturally draws other players out of position as they try to cover the player that has just been beaten, that in turn open's up space which can be exploited. We have the players to run the opposition ragged, the shackles need to come off for these two games, play without fear, stop playing the percentages because we can out score anyone in the play off's.

Release the hounds.

I reckon both you and Cloudy make good points TBH. At times though we have gone sideways or backwards when the man in possession has a fair amount of space to carry the ball into, dribbling (as it used to be called) is also a good way to open up space. Dis and Nolan have a habit of doing this which also presses back any chance of attacking down the flanks..

We clearly have a game plan to try and break the oppositions shape but all too often through a lack of poor passing/receiving and poor movement................. We can do it though as away at Woking proved especially in the first half.

Bit frustrating as we do have some dangerous players with the ball at their feet and also some really good passers at this level. Lets hope on Thursday we start like we did away at Eastleigh last year. If we can get the likes of Nolan & Arnold running at them with some decent passing from Dis, Monky and the full backs Podge and Omar will get plenty of opportunity.

For me it needs to be Macca, Tait, Horwood, Toto, Josh, Dis, Nolan, Monky, Arnold, Podge & Omar to start.    

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 106 - 121
Cloudy
May 2, 2016, 2:14pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from Marinerz93

H
Release the hounds.

I think you need to read what I posted again. I am totally against hoofing the ball, stating that supporters get on players back when we pass it across the back rather than hoofing it forward!

The bottom line is we need to move the ball quickly but also need movement and to beat an opponent which invariably drags another out of position. There are also times when an early one ball is effective too
Private Message
Reply: 107 - 121
Rik e B
May 2, 2016, 4:10pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
There will always be the nagging moaning element but I'm a bit sick of hearing about it when although it's still there by and large most supporters have quelled their indemic impatience somewhat this last season or two.

The players get a hell of a lot more leeway than being absolutely hounded (some before they'd barely kicked a ball in anger) like have been in past. Part to so with that I think is that the players have earned that through clearly trying. No mean feat considering   we been raised on a much higher standard of football.

Yes it can turn when the fare serves up is truly atrocious and yes there's a couple of heckling cries when things get frustrating but it's far from the toxic atmosphere of years past.

That's my view from the Pontoon anyway.

We'll do our bit of that I'm sure, UTM!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 108 - 121
Mrs Doyle
May 2, 2016, 5:02pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Please,Please, Please town and Hurst if you have learned anything against a park the bus big side,

DO NOT PUMP THE BALL HIGH IN THE HOPE OF HITTING PODGE.

Play the ball to feet, use the midfield particularly Nolan to play in Boggle,Podge and Arnold or run at their defence, give them something to think about.

Get the tempo up and FFS don't be afraid to have a go give our fans something to liven them up.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 109 - 121
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › 2 games against braintree

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.