Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Mariners Trust - Operation Promotion
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 11 Guests

Mariners Trust - Operation Promotion

This thread currently has 258,738 views. Print
138 Pages Prev ... 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Southwark Mariner
July 25, 2015, 12:14am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,550
Gold Stars: 83
Quoted from bax

Thanks mum!

well it's a huge achievement. Absolutely amazing to raise this amount of money in such a short amount of time.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1270 - 1379
Mrs Doyle
July 25, 2015, 3:27am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Well just to echo what people have said to Bax,Wrabby and everybody at the Trust and to all my fellow mariners who have donated and spent many hours of free time THANK YOU SO MUCH.
                                           IN ALL OF MY FORTY ODD YEARS AS A TOWN FAN I HAVE NEVER FELT MORE PROUD.
                                                                         WE ARE ONE WE ARE TOWN.
                                                       FISH!

This is our time we go again  FOR PAUL HURSTS BLACK AND WHITE ARMY....FOR HARRY AND FOR GLORY....
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1271 - 1379
bax
July 25, 2015, 7:56am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +25 / -3
Approval: +2,645
Gold Stars: 30
BIG NEWS! We have hit £100,000 thanks to a generous donation of £3,000 from Grimsby company Eurolec Services Ltd!

Read the story here: http://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.....54-detail/story.html

A MASSIVE £100,000 in just eight weeks … that's how much Grimsby Town supporters want our team to get back into the football league next season.

The astonishing response to a plea for cash from ordinary folk has seen money flood in to Blundell Park from around the globe – from Australia, American and China, as well as the town and local area.

Club officials have been left stunned, and very grateful, as they were expecting to raise just £20,000!

Just two months ago the supporters' group the Mariners Trust decided to act to secure extra cash for manager Paul Hurst's transfer budget – determined to give the team the final push that is needed, after last season's massive effort at the Wembley play-off final.

Operation Promotion Budget Boost campaign was launched – and already there have been more than 3,500 donations made by almost 2,000 supporters – putting £100,000 into the coffers!

Online cash pledges have flooded in, with fans also buying up one-off gifts and experiences including a new-style Harry Haddock, alternative stadium tours and more.

Among the top backers was Mariners fan Andrew Newman, who forked out £2,500 to be officially registered as a Mariners player for the 2016-17 season.

He told the Telegraph: "I love the club and I want us desperately to get back into the Football League.

"Every little helps for a club like ours to try to push for promotion."

Grimsby-based Eurolec Services Ltd, based on Wilton Road, an electrical and mechanical engineers and contractors business, provided the icing on the cake last night when they pledged £3,000 – to take the fundraising campaign past the £100,000 barrier.

Town boss Paul Hurst said: "I already knew how important this club is to the fabric of the area, but it has been incredible to see.

"To everyone that's made a contribution, no matter how big or small, we are truly grateful.

"But we need them to keep coming to Blundell Park and travelling with us away from home to keep supporting us, so hopefully they've kept aside enough money to do that.

"Anything that you can receive on top of the initial budget is a huge help to me as a manager, but this is just incredible and is a massive bonus to me."

The Mariners have signed six new players this summer, including striker Omar Bogle and midfielder Andy Monkhouse.

The manager said: "I appreciate how expensive it is to follow football and, at the minute, with the way things are, not a lot of people have spare cash, but they've dug deep for the football club.

"I'm sure it's something that a lot of other football clubs will look to imitate, but I'm not sure they'll have the success that we've had – it's nice to be the leader in that respect, rather than just a follower.

"It's brought everyone together. Since I've been here, I've noticed a gradual improvement in the relationship between the fans and the club, but certainly last year, in particular, that relationship increased quite considerably."

Dave Roberts, of the Mariners Trust, said: "It's been absolutely incredible. We set off hoping to bear the £20,000, with a figure of £30,000 in our minds privately, but it's just gone so far beyond everyone's expectations, it's been unbelievable.

"The support from the fans and local companies has just been superb and just goes to show how much affection there is for this special club."

Peter Savage, of Eurolec, said: "Operation Promotion has been the talk of the town and the support from supporters has been incredible.

"As a business about to celebrate our 25th anniversary we wanted to mark the occasion and felt this was a fantastic way to do it.

"As a local business, and as supporters of the football club, we wanted to do our bit.

"And with the Mariners Trust so close to achieving their target we felt it was only right to push the grand total past the £100,000 landmark."

Euromillions winners Lee and Sue Mullen, now on the board at Grimsby Town, offered to match the amount raised to a maximum of £20,000, with the Trust adding £5,000.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1272 - 1379
Les Brechin
July 25, 2015, 8:39am

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,710
Gold Stars: 174
Fantastic.

Well done to everyone.

SO PROUD TO BE G T F C!

OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1273 - 1379
bluebottle
July 25, 2015, 8:50am

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: +459
Absolutely marvellous that the total has passed the £100,000 mark and still not finished, with today's pledges and the auction tonight to further increase the total. You have got to admire the fans of this club, to raise that amount in the eight weeks it's been running.Got to be the envy of most, if not all of the clubs in this league and perhaps above. A massive thank you to all the trust members for their hard work in bringing this appeal together, without them this would not have happened. Very proud to be a Mariner and to part of such a magnificent group of fans. 👏👍😀
Private Message
Reply: 1274 - 1379
bradzmilne
July 25, 2015, 8:53am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +40 / -7
Approval: +1,417
Gold Stars: 30
So proud not only to be a town fan right now but also of the town I was born and bred in. We get enough excrement publicity but for all of the locals (and some exiles of course) we came together and we raised £100,000 for OUR club, not because we needed the money but because we wanted to increase OUR clubs budget.
The heartbreak of last season has brought every single one of us together and I can't imagine that many clubs would be able to do that.
Finally I think its only fair to thank the Trust, the Mullens, every single person who has been involved or has donated to the project and perhaps that over zealous, bully of a steward that in my opinion started the chain reaction for this.
Together we are stronger. So proud to be GTFC.

Sleep well Icey, Matty and Richard. Keep each other company up there xx

4 Relegations in 18 Years - John Fenty’s legacy.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 1275 - 1379
chicaneuk
July 25, 2015, 8:54am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Rep Score: +14 / 0
Approval: +1,486
Gold Stars: 5
Sensational. There's no other word for it
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1276 - 1379
jimgtfc
July 25, 2015, 8:57am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,087
Gold Stars: 45
Unbelievable

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1277 - 1379
livosnose
July 25, 2015, 9:06am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +14 / -9
Approval: +1,168
Gold Stars: 15
Excellent I'm now going to neck some mythos and jump in the pool  

[img][/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1278 - 1379
H19P1
July 25, 2015, 9:10am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +710
Astonished, roll on this evening and spending even more for the last big push.

Emotional post here, let's party like its 1999.

Hope to see you all tonight, big well done to everyone
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1279 - 1379
138 Pages Prev ... 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Mariners Trust - Operation Promotion

Thread Rating

There have been 4 votes for this thread.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.