FishOutOfWater
November 23, 2011, 1:33pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,578
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from Biccys
As I said before, we'll get someone excrement like Tranmere or Plymouth. (I'm trying to jinx it so we get a big club...)

Not Plymouth....they were dumped out by Stourbridge last night!
Logged Online
Private Message Skype
Reply: 20 - 26
upthestripes
November 23, 2011, 1:42pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.38
Rep Score: +68 / -8
Approval: +7
I know Salisbury isn't going to be easy, but really we couldn't have asked for a better chance to get to round 3. We NEED to take it.
Even if we don't draw a biggie, the prize money and possible TV money will help enormously.

[img]http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb71/levite_photo/town/2959063.jpg[/img]

Hitman Hearn - BP Gangsta
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 26
jamesgtfc
November 23, 2011, 1:49pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -6
Approval: +13,105
Gold Stars: 190
What would earn us more money?

Playing lower league teams and getting knocked out in Round 5/6 to a team like Tranmere with a couple of replays/home games along the way so the Park is crammed for that precious stub or getting knocked out in Round 3 to Man Utd away.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 26
jock dock tower
November 23, 2011, 1:51pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
I fully concur. Anyone who saw my posting about my team up here, Auchinleck Talbot, looking for the money spinning draw after we reached the 4th round of the Scottish Cup will know we've been drawn away at Hearts which will provide us an income probably in the region of £80k. This is a huge amount for a non league team in Scotland, and will set us up financially for at least 5 years. It will also help us upgrade the ground to include lights and an all weather training pitch. Big team away if we beat Salisbury, days like that come round rarely nowadays.

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 26
cmackenzie4
November 23, 2011, 1:54pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.23
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,345
Gold Stars: 34
Quoted from ginnywings
I suggest non season ticket holders like myself should start saving ticket stubs.

IF we beat Salisbury and IF we get a big club at home,the clamour for tickets will be on.

Well i can dream just a little.

Pointless for me ginnywings, i will end up being at work anyway,i will have to make do with humberside.  

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 26
Biccys
November 23, 2011, 2:06pm
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +55 / -22
Approval: +1,226
Gold Stars: 27
Quoted from FishOutOfWater

Not Plymouth....they were dumped out by Stourbridge last night!

Hence why I said "someone like..." I couldn't be arsed checking who was still in and who wasn't but I knew someone would do it for me...

@biccysthefishy

£110,105

[url]https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/mariners-trust/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 25 - 26
Southwark Mariner
November 23, 2011, 2:06pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,572
Gold Stars: 84
Quoted from jamesgtfc
What would earn us more money?

Playing lower league teams and getting knocked out in Round 5/6 to a team like Tranmere with a couple of replays/home games along the way so the Park is crammed for that precious stub or getting knocked out in Round 3 to Man Utd away.

I think it's the big club away pay day we're after. 50,000 (20,000 empty seats) all paying £30 = maybe £650,000 gate receipts for us (after deductions for police etc) and that's just for turning up and is probably a conservative guess. The payday is one match and won't affect any more league games.

Also, following the Ryan Bennett saga latest...looks like even more likely he will be sold in the summer:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15790132.stm

It says they are not a selling club....but have given Bennett a £6m asking price = £1.5m for us (if we did have a 25% sell on
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 26
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Will we be one of the 2

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.