Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Manny Panther ?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 82 Guests

Manny Panther ?

This thread currently has 2,000 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Jarmo.Is.God
November 23, 2011, 9:04am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,050
Gold Stars: 86
whats your views on him ?

seen him twice now and is no better than what we already have ! give artus a run out imo
Logged Offline
Private Message
Mighty_Mariner
November 23, 2011, 9:07am
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,246
Gold Stars: 10
Artus is not a BSP type player IMO.... He needs time on the ball to be effective which you just don't get in our league!

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 18
Jarmo.Is.God
November 23, 2011, 9:10am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,050
Gold Stars: 86
Quoted from Mighty_Mariner
Artus is not a BSP type player IMO.... He needs time on the ball to be effective which you just don't get in our league!

imo he can be a quality player, looked really good in pre-season.

for me manny panther is not the player we need in the midfield.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 18
black an white stripes
November 23, 2011, 9:37am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +2 / 0
not good enough imo very lazy on the ball, only sees the pass after he gets the ball, rather than seeing it before he gets it..hence why he gets caught in possesion to "manny" times... ok church isnt the best we seen on the ball, but i do think he will run around an be a pain all day...

i would have taken manny off at half time an put andy thanoj on 100%....andy has the ability to see a pass erly,with him in the team last night would have kept the play moving on a more concistant basses through the team...

wounder how much gtfc are contributing to manny wages................................................................ when thanoj is a far better player and cost next to nothing......
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 18
ticker_1610
November 23, 2011, 9:41am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +32 / -6
I think he is. He may have not worn his passing boots last night, yet he covered acres of ground breaking up play, even though they had an extra man in midfield. Yes in the first half Manny dwelled on the ball when he neither had time or space, yet it didn't lead to them scoring. He visually ran out of energy with 20 minutes to play, not bad since he's only played 2 full games and 70 mins in his first in just over a week, n not played at all in months prior to joining us. Give the bloke a chance to settle n get match fit then draw conclusions after 10 games! Artus is a luxury player and soft not a ball winner, Thanoj inexperienced. So Panther at present our best option alongside Disley! Church on loan again learning at this level so let's see how we do with MP for a while.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 18
black an white stripes
November 23, 2011, 10:04am
Beer Drinker
Quoted from ticker_1610
I think he is. He may have not worn his passing boots last night, yet he covered acres of ground breaking up play, even though they had an extra man in midfield. Yes in the first half Manny dwelled on the ball when he neither had time or space, yet it didn't lead to them scoring. He visually ran out of energy with 20 minutes to play, not bad since he's only played 2 full games and 70 mins in his first in just over a week, n not played at all in months prior to joining us. Give the bloke a chance to settle n get match fit then draw conclusions after 10 games! Artus is a luxury player and soft not a ball winner, Thanoj inexperienced. So Panther at present our best option alongside Disley! Church on loan again learning at this level so let's see how we do with MP for a while.

disagree a little there about manny be the option at presant so manny only playing 2 games an 70 mins in a year is a better player the thanoj bit disrespectful to andy that is...

also you say give him 10 games then judge, lets be fair we havnt got time to estimate we need players ready..10 games as an estimate no thanks i know what player i would prefer...if your looking to estimate then i would rather give thanoj the 10 games.....and cost hardly nothing...and i would also expect come end of the season and gtfc would make a few quid on andy..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 18
ticker_1610
November 23, 2011, 10:12am
Whiskey Drinker
Seen Thanoj since the youth team and reserves and in last two pre seasons and rated him. But it's not unfair to say at present he gets dominated and rushed when against very strong overly physical opposition. Andy is probably the best passer of the ball in our midfield but at the moment he isn't involved enough in breaking up play and dominating in the centre, some games will suit him others not. Panther is the better option at the moment until Andy Thanoj gets used to this division and his role, he's being developed nicely at the moment so hopefully we will see him in cm for town as first choice towards the end of this season and deffo next.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 18
black an white stripes
November 23, 2011, 10:21am
Beer Drinker
agree andy is the best passer at the club, thats simply why i would have him in the team..

ok not that physical but if we got a players on our books that can see a pass and create goal scoring op then i would prefer a creative player that the dogied player....if the managers wanted a dogied player they would have keeped church here to do that because thats his game......but dont hence hes out on loan...and wanted a baller play maker, so chose to sign manny which i cant understand because we already have a baller in thanoj...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 18
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
November 23, 2011, 10:22am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
When Panther was signed up, if I remember rightly the managers said that he was the sort of player who was good at stopping the other side from playing. They didn't sign him to play like Modric, they signed him to play like Nobby Stiles. That's how he should be judged, and not now but after 6 or 7 games.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 18
black an white stripes
November 23, 2011, 10:24am
Beer Drinker
you said 10 games
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 18
ticker_1610
November 23, 2011, 10:28am
Whiskey Drinker
Yes but he gets dominated by physically stronger players at this current moment in time. I have seen Thanoj put in some good tackles and cover a lot of ground, but his passing game is nullified easily by the lack of time n closing down. That said against Vale away, Panther created the time for Thanoj to play his game and did so until substituted with fatigue. So it seems when playing against teams that close down n get stuck in we need either similar players or find a way of getting Thanoj into the game. As they say different horses for different courses.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 18
ticker_1610
November 23, 2011, 10:30am
Whiskey Drinker
I said ten games. A yardstick I apply to all new players. Some like green n Townsend stand out after a few, others need a bit longer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 18
black an white stripes
November 23, 2011, 10:32am
Beer Drinker
drop disley then? thanoj is a better passer than disley an you say manny is good a breaking up play.............so thanoj an manny good pair then?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 18
ticker_1610
November 23, 2011, 10:44am
Whiskey Drinker
A fair point, but Disley is captain and very experienced as he demonstrated last night. Thanoj is just going to have to wait patiently n take his chance like all good pro's. Meanwhile he's learning n developing. Who knows maybe Church n Thanoj could be a future pairing. Patience is key as is getting the right balance throughout the team for each match! Thanoj has potential but let's not rush him when he can be brought on steadily, CM is not a position very many young players break into in the lower divisions, they seem to evolve n grow into the role. Exceptions do occur usually at the top level n those players usually command big fees n wages. Thanoj isn't Scholes, Beckham, Henderson or Rodwell, so I'm content watching him develop and trust he steps up and becomes a first team regular for us.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 18
Southwark Mariner
November 23, 2011, 10:45am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,572
Gold Stars: 84
I'm sure we'll see 4-3-3 again some time soon and I think they'll play Thanoj, Disley and Panther

Makofo Hearn and Coulson up front?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 18
ticker_1610
November 23, 2011, 10:50am
Whiskey Drinker
Think it will be Elding Hearn with either Makofo or Coulson. Coulson came inside last night looking to get the ball and it helped break up their midfield having the extra man, that was at the quarter of hour mark, which was when we got into the game, perhaps it's where Coulson should play in a front 3.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 18
forza ivano
November 23, 2011, 11:32am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,301
Gold Stars: 266
think the new2 were also looking for experience. panther is experienced in this division and generally the best teams have experienced, effective players in center mid. with disley and panther in there i wouldn't expect us to get dominated and over run as we have so many times in the past.
incidentally - waht was the point in signing artus???
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 18
ticker_1610
November 23, 2011, 12:17pm
Whiskey Drinker
None, he's not the type of player to do anything in this division. Think he will be one of those out in may 12. A learning curve for the managers!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 18
moosey_club
November 23, 2011, 12:50pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,335
Gold Stars: 229
[quote=170]think the new2 were also looking for experience. panther is experienced in this division and generally the best teams have experienced, effective players in center mid. with disley and panther in there i wouldn't expect us to get dominated and over run as we have so many times in the past.
incidentally - waht was the point in signing artus???[/quote]

He has quality which all teams need at some point......well except ours who seem to have the work and do the basics ethic over quality. In the glimpses of Artus i have seen he has impressed, happy to receive the ball under pressure, excellent close control, can see passes others cant, he may not be the strong physical presence but with the right formation i think he would be a dangerous player for us.
However with defenders who are paid to defend and the general impression from managers comments is thats what they are there to do rather than carry the ball or play out to feet, then time on the ball is something he doesnt get as he is expected to chase the opposition down from our clearances.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 18
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Manny Panther ?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.