Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Round 2?
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 83 Guests

Round 2?

This thread currently has 1,443 views. Print
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
sonik
November 23, 2011, 12:07am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +23 / -9
Approval: +28
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from 1600
I understand Hurst is trying to play Salisbury down and I'm sure it willl be a very tough game, but why ALWAYS the need for excuses in advance ALL the time ?
Even if we lose, we've still beaten Port Vale haven't we ?
Just wish he'd be just a tiny bit more positive and enjoy the moment more to raise spirits, instead of always thinking ahead to defend future possible negatives.
Not knocking you though Paul !
Well done...

I thought you was giving him a bit of a knock myself, but maybe that's just me.

UTM!

The Futures Bright Its Black And White!
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 13
FishOutOfWater
November 23, 2011, 12:11am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.13
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,590
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from 1600
I understand Hurst is trying to play Salisbury down and I'm sure it willl be a very tough game, but why ALWAYS the need for excuses in advance ALL the time ?
Even if we lose, we've still beaten Port Vale haven't we ?
Just wish he'd be just a tiny bit more positive and enjoy the moment more to raise spirits, instead of always thinking ahead to defend future possible negatives.
Not knocking you though Paul !  
Well done...

I'm prepared to cut him some slack.... I thought there'd be at least a few days grace where they aren't being the bad guys but maybe I'm too easy on them. I'm made up that we won and his response whilst not the most celebratory was acceptable to me.

Anyway I guess it's quite a hard thing to do, keep your feet on the ground when your head must be in the clouds

I must admit I expect the managers will have shown their appreciation to the team after tonight even if it wasn't done publicly on air and I hope that something positive comes out of this result not just for tonight but for the rest of the season. It could well be the catalyst that sees us moving on up!
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 11 - 13
80sglory
November 23, 2011, 12:24am
Guest User
Quoted from sonik

I thought you was giving him a bit of a knock myself, but maybe that's just me.

If you like !
Just saying he should cheer up a bit.

Maybe you should be grateful there are some fans trying to downplay the Newport performance, trying to take the heat of Scott and Hurst and trying to rally the club and get the fans "up for it" tonight to help ensure our passage through to round 2.
Reply: 12 - 13
The_Laughing_Mariner
November 23, 2011, 10:07am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +17 / -5
Approval: +1,047
Gold Stars: 10
When was the last time we got through two rounds of the cup, I think 97/98 when we lost to leeds in the 4th round, we actualy won three cup games that season.

<'(((((<

When I was a little boy
I asked my daddy what would i be
would I be United, would i be Leeds
Here's what he said to me

Oh Grimsby Grimsby
Whatever will be will be
You'll follow then faithfully
Oh Grimsby Grimsby

Tell me Mam me Mam
I dont want no tea no tea
I'm watching the Grimsby
Tell me Mam me mam
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 13
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Round 2?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.