Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The first 18 Minutes..............
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 73 Guests

The first 18 Minutes..............

This thread currently has 482 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
MyDogsThoughts
November 20, 2011, 8:43pm

Woof Woof!!!
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.87
Rep Score: +43 / -12
Approval: +38
We kicked off and were one down within a minute: young Townsend wasn't expecting to see the ball that early and was closed down swiftly, he had no cover and nowhere to play the ball, surrendered it and they scored: what team has a kick off and doesn't have a plan?  He never recovered in the first half, having a mare, got better second half.  Remember something very simular at a night game against MK Dons, they took 27 seconds the rob the ball off us and score.

What I'm getting at is a young loanee shouldn't have been put in such a position so early in the game: we clearly hadn't a clue where the ball was supposed to go from the kick off.  That goal gave County confidence and our side nighmares, the second was (sadly) down to poor Townsend again, being outnumbered and turned before completely losing his man.  Again he was left to fend for himself, no cover or help.

The supporters turning on the team didn't help, the double substitution did but we were still a very poor second best until the last 20 minutes and the ref certainly helped our cause with the penalty call.

[img]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_0viO-Dm52sM/Rz9JfAGEp6I/AAAAAAAAD8Y/QB-YolLcMJ8/s320/big%2Bbones.jpg[/img]

"I Love Bones, But I Think I'll Lick My Balls Now"
Logged Offline
Private Message
cod.gtfc
November 20, 2011, 8:46pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +31 / -14
Approval: -1
Yes Townsend didn't get much time on the ball from kick-off due to Duffy, I think it was, who was given the ball from kick-off and took a few seconds longer than he should to pass it back to Townsend and then it was a slow pass.

So Townsend shouldn't have been given it, but he wasn't given much of a chance due to the poor kick-off in general.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 1
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The first 18 Minutes..............

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.