Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › so.......................
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 74 Guests

so.......................

This thread currently has 2,282 views. Print
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Super Clive
November 16, 2011, 8:44am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +55 / -24
Approval: +1
What does the trust's agm entail ?
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 19
dapperz fun pub
November 16, 2011, 8:45am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,067
Gold Stars: 84
Quoted from aldi_01
One of the things that keeps a lot of people going is the fact the we are lucky that we do actually have a team to support every week...it isn't helped though by people who moan about FA cup price tickets and then throw all of their toys out of the pram because they are a measly few pounds dearer, all of which goes in the clubs coffers or people not going because its a bit excrement...its football, there are no guarantees but supporters do their bit by going to games and supporting the clubs.

We all know we have issues but so does every flipping team right down from mid table in the championship or so it seems, christ, the team top of our awful league could fold before the end of the season along with another one or two so who knows.

Yes, I and many others appreciate it has been excrement for a while and we are in a dodgy predicament but constantly being negative and constantly harping back to the 'good old days' isn't going to change anyhing...

we need to move forward and look positively, especially going into the next 2 games, of which both seem winable....

"excrement for a while" crikey if ever there was a understatement
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 19
aldi_01
November 16, 2011, 5:42pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
I agree, excrement for a long time would be a more true statement but I was going for the positive angel lol...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 19
FishOutOfWater
November 16, 2011, 6:41pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,578
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from aldi_01
I agree, excrement for a long time would be a more true statement but I was going for the positive angel lol...

Going for a positive angel eh?  

Good luck when you get to heaven!

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 13 - 19
Claudius Tiberius Smith
November 16, 2011, 6:43pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +3
[quote=284]I agree, excrement for a long time would be a more true statement but I was going for the positive angel

Nice one!! Town could certainly do with one!  

Proud to be a Pleb!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 19
aldi_01
November 16, 2011, 8:02pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
I'd like to say that was an intentional typo but it was purely down to stupid predictive text...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 19
rancido
November 17, 2011, 5:12pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,667
Gold Stars: 102
Quoted from aldi_01
One of the things that keeps a lot of people going is the fact the we are lucky that we do actually have a team to support every week...it isn't helped though by people who moan about FA cup price tickets and then throw all of their toys out of the pram because they are a measly few pounds dearer, all of which goes in the clubs coffers or people not going because its a bit excrement...its football, there are no guarantees but supporters do their bit by going to games and supporting the clubs.

We all know we have issues but so does every flipping team right down from mid table in the championship or so it seems, christ, the team top of our awful league could fold before the end of the season along with another one or two so who knows.

Yes, I and many others appreciate it has been excrement for a while and we are in a dodgy predicament but constantly being negative and constantly harping back to the 'good old days' isn't going to change anyhing...

we need to move forward and look positively, especially going into the next 2 games, of which both seem winable....

Absolutely spot on. I've experienced amazing highs with MY team and unfortunately almost suicidal lows but GTFC will always be MY team. The difference between a football club surviving or going under is nearly always down to the supporters eventually. Many clubs have suffered under totally unscrupulous owners and chairman ( something which I believe we don't have ) but ultimately the fans have resurrected them. The thought of GTFC no longer existing makes me sick to the stomach and I will always support them with my attendance as long as I am physically able.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 19
Garth
November 17, 2011, 7:47pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 27
Quoted from rancido

Absolutely spot on. I've experienced amazing highs with MY team and unfortunately almost suicidal lows but GTFC will always be MY team. The difference between a football club surviving or going under is nearly always down to the supporters eventually. Many clubs have suffered under totally unscrupulous owners and chairman ( something which I believe we don't have ) but ultimately the fans have resurrected them. The thought of GTFC no longer existing makes me sick to the stomach and I will always support them with my attendance as long as I am physically able.

Good man!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 19
Perkins
November 18, 2011, 11:26am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +15 / -8
Approval: +1,986
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from aldi_01

Excellent post, We must have more moaners per square foot then any other Club in the country.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 19
Grim_Exile
November 18, 2011, 1:30pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Quoted from Super Clive
What does the trust's agm entail ?

The agenda for the GTST was published here >> http://www.gtst.net/site/content/view/291/2/

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 19
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › so.......................

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.