Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 65 Guests

I'Anson

This thread currently has 2,489 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
80sglory
November 12, 2011, 7:38pm
Guest User
Given JT said he was man of the match, maybe you could argue the positive thing about being dodgy at the back earlier in the season is that it's giving him his chance now...

Glad to see S&H stuck with him and didn't just pull the rug underneath his feet after making one mistake, just wish they'd have stuck with his sooner.

As we're in midtable should other younger players like Mulready be given their chance now ? (don't mean in the FA cup !)

Who will play right side with Coulson and Southwell out ? Eagle ? Makofo ? Wonder if we should stick Bradbury in there...
Abdul19
November 12, 2011, 7:43pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.40
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,639
Gold Stars: 220
We certainly seemed to have improved since he came into the side. The third paragraph seems to indicate we're in a comfortable position though, and I'd dispute that!

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 17
Borbs
November 12, 2011, 7:44pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +2 / 0
One Swallow does not always make a good summer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 17
jonnyboy82
November 12, 2011, 7:48pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.27
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from Borbs
One Swallow does not always make a good summer.

i think my mrs would agree too.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 17
80sglory
November 12, 2011, 7:56pm
Guest User
Quoted from Abdul19
We certainly seemed to have improved since he came into the side. The third paragraph seems to indicate we're in a comfortable position though, and I'd dispute that!

Yeah, good point.
Tbh I was trying not to mention it.  

Actually it's an interesting point of debate - would it be too early to introduce other young players ? (not that there's that many of them)

Win a few first or nothing to really worry about in terms of relegation so get cracking ahead of next season ?
What do you think ?...
Reply: 4 - 17
voice of reason
November 12, 2011, 8:01pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +46 / -17
Approval: -1
Quoted from 1600

Yeah, good point.
Tbh I was trying not to mention it.  

Actually it's an interesting point of debate - would it be too early to introduce other young players ? (not that there's that many of them)

Win a few first or nothing to really worry about in terms of relegation so get cracking ahead of next season ?
What do you think ?...

I hear what you're saying and i'm all for giving the youths a go but i'm not too sure these two managers should be worrying about next season when they haven't managed to sort this one out yet... If they don't sort this one they might not have next season...

"I am surprised that Bright pratt like you fails to get a grasp of the queens English been as your allways pulling up anyone who fails to follow your thoughts and if they don't give you verbal pats on the back get real and grow up this is a free speech site.UTMM".(Cleefish, 2012)       
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 17
Abdul19
November 12, 2011, 8:01pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.40
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,639
Gold Stars: 220
I think that any youngster who could improve the side should be given a chance. What I don't expect to see happen any time soon though, is 4 or 5 18 year olds starting a league match.

But with Makofo performing so Makofolike (although he did score 2 last week), someone like Southwell must be in their thoughts?

(I don't watch the youth team so I've no real idea who offers what!)

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 17
80sglory
November 12, 2011, 8:11pm
Guest User
Quoted from voice of reason

I hear what you're saying and i'm all for giving the youths a go but i'm not too sure these two managers should be worrying about next season when they haven't managed to sort this one out yet... If they don't sort this one they might not have next season...

Do you think there's a chance of them being fired if, (all things being equal) we end the season in a similar position ?

Never really considered it...

tbh I don't mind how high we finish in the league table but I'd like to see some signs of improved defence, leadership and progression on the pitch.
1st half today sounded quite refreshing !  
2nd half sounded like we reverted to type.
Reply: 7 - 17
80sglory
November 12, 2011, 8:14pm
Guest User
Quoted from Abdul19
But with Makofo performing so Makofolike (although he did score 2 last week), someone like Southwell must be in their thoughts?

I'm sure he will be as soon as he's back from injury (several weeks  )

I say get Bradbury in there - the kid looks excrement hot !
Reply: 8 - 17
voice of reason
November 12, 2011, 8:23pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +46 / -17
Approval: -1
Quoted from 1600

Do you think there's a chance of them being fired if, (all things being equal) we end the season in a similar position ?

Never really considered it...

tbh I don't mind how high we finish in the league table but I'd like to see some signs of improved defence, leadership and progression on the pitch.
1st half today sounded quite refreshing !  
2nd half sounded like we reverted to type.

I think there is every chance of them beeing sacked if we don't finish at least higher than last season and if that is the case I don't think they can have any complaints...

In all fairness to them, they have got a pretty young team on the pitch and that'll eventually help us out in the longer term if not immediately...

I find it bizzare they persist with Kempson, who every game I have seen/listened to makes at least one error that could/should cost us a goal... I think if he was removed we may see a more settled defence...

My other concern is they do seem to take too long long to make changes... I wonder if this is because before any changes can be made they have to agree with each other and inevitably they will not always agree, particularly in the heat of the moment and we/the team suffer because of this...???

Fair play on todays result and the first half performance, I wouldn't even be too down on the second half because we came away with a good result against a team in a higher league...

"I am surprised that Bright pratt like you fails to get a grasp of the queens English been as your allways pulling up anyone who fails to follow your thoughts and if they don't give you verbal pats on the back get real and grow up this is a free speech site.UTMM".(Cleefish, 2012)       
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 17
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › I'Anson

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.