This thread currently has 721 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
pier39
November 8, 2011, 12:20pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +0 / -3
Approval: +1
i could be wrong but didnt a  owner of the owls a few years back take a fan to court for slander,cant really remember what came of it can anyone else
Logged Offline
Private Message
Keelbysaint
November 8, 2011, 12:25pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +3 / -1
he took legal action against over 10 fans and the owner of a message board. None of the trails actually made it to court in the end I believe though. all of the directors were made to sign the papers, but good old brian laws refused to.  I also believe that whilst the fans were told their legal fees would be met, some were not (although im not sure on this and am happy to be put right)

I was at uni in the city at the time, and im pretty sure it did the owner no favours at the club.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 2
kingofthekippers
November 8, 2011, 4:31pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.97
Rep Score: +39 / -4
Approval: +6
His name was Dave Allen (no, not the Irish comedian) and the outcome can be read here:

[url]http://blogs.pressgazette.co.uk/wire/3798[/url]

Mr McGee, don't make me angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 2
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › sheff wed owner yonks back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.