Private Message
Reply: 20 - 45
Port vale
November 8, 2011, 9:12am

Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Quoted from MyDogsThoughts
Around 150 so far according to replies on here: so the 500 mark should easily be reached.

Bad news on the beer front though, my usual watering hole before the game has now gone.

http://www.thisisstaffordshire.....42-detail/story.html

The Vine is a decent pub but i think The Leopard and the Bulls Head (real ales pubs) are the best pubs in Burslem. Both get packed and a good atmosphere in before games.

The Smithy; is now classed as the away pub, but obviously you can drink where you like.

Avoid the Crown, Saggers, and Red Lion though.

Hope you have a great day. If you want to know anything just let me know.

[urlhttp://maps.google.co.uk/maps/place?hl=en&revid=1015843020&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&biw=1366&bih=525&wrapid=tlif132059497317910&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=port+vale+football+ground&fb=1&gl=uk&hq=port+vale+football+ground&cid=17830599099220757215&ei=MK62TqvtEMiW8gOny-CbBQ&sa=X&oi=local_result&ct=photo-link&cd=1&resnum=1&ved=0CAYQnwIoADAAurl]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 45
MyDogsThoughts
November 8, 2011, 9:56am

Woof Woof!!!
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.87
Rep Score: +43 / -12
Approval: +38
Quoted from Port vale

The Vine is a decent pub but i think The Leopard and the Bulls Head (real ales pubs) are the best pubs in Burslem. Both get packed and a good atmosphere in before games.

The Smithy; is now classed as the away pub, but obviously you can drink where you like.

Avoid the Crown, Saggers, and Red Lion though.

Hope you have a great day. If you want to know anything just let me know.

The Bulls Head is the Titanic Brewery's tap: I like it in there, a proper pub with proper people in it, meening no lager louts or kids (Dogs are allowed in though).

[img]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_0viO-Dm52sM/Rz9JfAGEp6I/AAAAAAAAD8Y/QB-YolLcMJ8/s320/big%2Bbones.jpg[/img]

"I Love Bones, But I Think I'll Lick My Balls Now"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 45
forza ivano
November 8, 2011, 12:48pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,301
Gold Stars: 266

The Bulls Head is the Titanic Brewery's tap: I like it in there, a proper pub with proper people in it, meening no lager louts or kids (Dogs are allowed in though).

bluddy good pork pies as well.
even that can't get me enthused, especially with spain on itv at 5.15. just can't be bothered to drive 2 hours to watch us throw yet another game away.
feck the magic of the cup! bah humbug!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 45
MyDogsThoughts
November 8, 2011, 1:56pm

Woof Woof!!!
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from forza ivano

bluddy good pork pies as well.
even that can't get me enthused, especially with spain on itv at 5.15. just can't be bothered to drive 2 hours to watch us throw yet another game away.
feck the magic of the cup! bah humbug!!

See you in the Bulls Head at 14.00 then!

[img]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_0viO-Dm52sM/Rz9JfAGEp6I/AAAAAAAAD8Y/QB-YolLcMJ8/s320/big%2Bbones.jpg[/img]

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 45
forza ivano
November 8, 2011, 2:46pm

Exile

See you in the Bulls Head at 14.00 then!

not a chance now I've found out there's some top quality amateur boxing on at York Hall on Saturday afternoon - skilled sportsman,bar open all afternoon, in the warm, good atmosphere, guaranteed entertainment, olympic qualification the prize and only £25 for ringside seats

it's a no brainer!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 45
MyDogsThoughts
November 8, 2011, 2:54pm

Woof Woof!!!
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from forza ivano

not a chance now I've found out there's some top quality amateur boxing on at York Hall on Saturday afternoon - skilled sportsman,bar open all afternoon, in the warm, good atmosphere, guaranteed entertainment, olympic qualification the prize and only £25 for ringside seats

it's a no brainer!

What, freezing your nuts off in a huge empty stand with a scattering of other lost soles and watching the TOWN lose isn't good enough to tempt you away from a bar, boxing and an international football match with Spain in it?

Shame on you, only a tenner to watch the TOWN as well.  Titanic goes down well too (sorry couldn't resist it).

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 45
forza ivano
November 8, 2011, 3:02pm

Exile
Titanic goes down well too (sorry couldn't resist it).

that's probably the biggest question mark over the day - which goes down easiest? the titanic or town!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 45
MyDogsThoughts
November 8, 2011, 3:39pm

Woof Woof!!!
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from forza ivano
Titanic goes down well too (sorry couldn't resist it).

that's probably the biggest question mark over the day - which goes down easiest? the titanic or town!

Lifeboat, or Iceberg (for Grimsby)?  That is the question, both brewed by Titanic Brewery.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 45
grimsby pete
November 8, 2011, 4:25pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.78
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,840
Gold Stars: 222
can anyone help with this one having a debate with madeleymariner, is it all ticket or can we pay on the gate, he says we can i'm not sure

Deffo pay on gate.       sauce telewag.

Over 37 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             69 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 45
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Port Vale roll call

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.