Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 110 Guests

Bath preview - MP

This thread currently has 521 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
80sglory
November 4, 2011, 12:22am
Guest User
Huge game IMO, arguably more important than Port Vale.

Scott said:

- Hearn was taken off as he's been carrying a kick on his achilles.
- No injuries so he might circulate a few names after the Bath game to get them some 1st team football.
- Jamie Green back in training. Needs 7-10 days without any reaction before they decide how to take things forward.

"No matter who we play we look to try to win the game but obviously it's not gone to plan but we'll continue with that philosophy and those ethics of trying to win every single game."

An interesting statement from Scott...

"It's all about putting consistent runs together and not losing games. Yes if you're drawing games of football, you can draw 3 games it's only the same a 1 win, but when you're not losing games of football it breeds confidence and gives you a platform to build on so, that's certainly something we'll be looking to do is, I'm not talking about going out and getting draws but, putting a run of consistent games together and hopefully getting more wins than draws and losses."

Think he's missing the point personally - especially since one mistake in a good defensive performance vs Luton cost us that clean sheet and gave us no return.

And sadly all those draws didn't help Woodsy much...  

I wonder what would have happened had we gone for the throat in our last 3 league games when we were a goal up ?
Points and confidence might have been higher ?

If you look at the bare stats of games we haven't lost, in our next fixture we've gone on to win 3 and lose 5.
That's 9 points from 8 games - almost identical to our seasonal return of 20 pts from 18 games.
BIGChris
November 4, 2011, 7:28am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.96
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Stupid Poll IMO as only one option mentions the word 'win'.

Call me old fashioned but I'd rather win 1-0 than lose 10-9 even if i will be there!
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 4
Super Clive
November 4, 2011, 9:18am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +55 / -24
Approval: +1
Quoted from BIGChris

Call me old fashioned but I'd rather win 1-0 than lose 10-9 even if i will be there!

This is a stupid post IMO.

Call me old fashioned? you're old fashioned...
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 4
upthestripes
November 4, 2011, 3:20pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.38
Rep Score: +68 / -8
Approval: +7
Quoted from 1600

- Jamie Green back in training. Needs 7-10 days without any reaction before they decide how to take things forward.

That is all!

[img]http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb71/levite_photo/town/2959063.jpg[/img]

Hitman Hearn - BP Gangsta
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 4
80sglory
November 4, 2011, 3:51pm
Guest User
Quoted from BIGChris

I did have both options saying win at one point but thought trying to get a win was obvious anyway.

But had I only said "keep a clean sheet" it might have given the wrong impression and I could have been accused of bias or that I'm inferring we're not trying to score a goal and win.

You can't do right for trying to do right sometimes...

I think the point is, there's more than one way to win a game - you can either try to protect a lead or you can press on and try to put things to bed.
Obviously both have their pros and cons but just personally would have thought we'd gain more confidence in dominating games than defending an advantage.

Maybe the Port Vale game is one where it might be better to keep things tighter ? Arguably more chance of dragging them back for a replay ?
That said I think we all know it's very difficult to defend for a 0-0 for 90 minutes.

Quoted from BIGChris

I'm sure we all would !

I'll take a 1-0 any way it comes but if recent games are anything to go by there are never any guarantees.
Reply: 4 - 4
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Bath preview - MP

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.