Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › New accounts released (Town 936k in the red)
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 112 Guests

New accounts released (Town 936k in the red)

This thread currently has 8,175 views. Print
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Biccys
November 2, 2011, 4:48pm
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +55 / -22
Approval: +1,226
Gold Stars: 27
Quoted from bostonian
Many of the postings on this thread seem very familiar to me .

"new ground with other income flows "       remember Rushden aided by a big backer?

" long term plans to move groung "     £3.5 MILLION IN DEBT .
for a minute I thought I was on the Boston web site of 2006 .

As stated the only way to get new investers is to go into admin ,

And as stated by our Chief Exec, that's not an option. We don't owe anyone except our previous chairman, the illustrious John Fenty and the bank as an overdraft. Going into admin isn't going to help us in any way shape or form. If anything, it'll make us worse off as it's an expensive business.

@biccysthefishy

£110,105

[url]https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/mariners-trust/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 60 - 73
Marinerz93
November 2, 2011, 6:00pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.55
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
One of easiest ways to wipe a couple of million of debt is for JF to wipe it out but he won't for several reasons.  He holds the cards whilst the club owes him so much, benign debt will not attract investors.  In fact the only real investor we have had in decades has been alienated by JF whose false cry for help to appease fans has back fired.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 73
shareholder
November 2, 2011, 6:23pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +0 / -1
Quoted from Marinerz93
One of easiest ways to wipe a couple of million of debt is for JF to wipe it out but he won't for several reasons.  He holds the cards whilst the club owes him so much, benign debt will not attract investors.  In fact the only real investor we have had in decades has been alienated by JF whose false cry for help to appease fans has back fired.

I suppose you then expect these new investors to provide this new money as gifts?? Whos going to do that then???

Who's to say that the club can never ever afford to repay debt loans.

But it would be nice if he gave them to the club or converted them into Shares?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 73
Marinerz93
November 2, 2011, 9:43pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.55
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from shareholder

I suppose you then expect these new investors to provide this new money as gifts?? Whos going to do that then???

Who's to say that the club can never ever afford to repay debt loans.

But it would be nice if he gave them to the club or converted them into Shares?

No, I feel the way MP showed us is the right way, benign debts hang over the club like a millstone.  Buying shares puts money into the club and makes the books look good instead of the JF way we have now.  Remove the word benign debt and replace it with holding to ransom is how things actually are.

I'd start a cull with the directors who do very little for their privileged position on the board.  Yes they have money but they have been part and parcel of all that is wrong at boardroom level at the club.  You could have several directors who take their place and create more than what the current yes men have done in the last 7 years.

One of the best Chairman we have ever had was Paddy Hamilton and he was no where near as rich as JF.  So with the right mentality and dogged determination you can achieve success.  Money doesn't necessarily buy success but it does give you an advantage, if you have money and do have the intelligence to realise you are out of your depth, then you employ someone who knows what they are doing.

I remember the away game at Dagenham & Redbridge, one lady selling tickets and when she got busy the other directors and Chairman came down and helped serve.  JF is still running Town as a championship club which it hasn't had the funds for a long time.

The club isn't imaginative enough to come up with new ideas to generate revenue because for nigh on 100 years we went regardless of what league we were in.  The boardroom are lazy, the boardroom are out of touch with what GTFC stands for, the boardroom is as good as a chocolate fireguard.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 73
Ipswin
November 3, 2011, 10:05am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from cocky

You could always put some of your money into the club, buy some shares, attend the AGM and vote against him.

You really think he will be outvoted as he smirks and then resumes the seat he made such a drama of vacating so recently that it's still warm?

With their massive newly gifted shareholding GTST are gonna vote for him for a start so my meagre slice of GTFC won't make a deal of impression and anyway who is going to stand against him?

As someone observed a couple of days ago normal service will be resumed with Honest John presiding as the ship sinks even further under his command

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 73
thebigeasy
November 3, 2011, 10:13am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +0
Quoted Text
You really think he will be outvoted as he smirks and then resumes the seat he made such a drama of vacating so recently that it's still warm?

With their massive newly gifted shareholding GTST are gonna vote for him for a start so my meagre slice of GTFC won't make a deal of impression and anyway who is going to stand against him?

As someone observed a couple of days ago normal service will be resumed with Honest John presiding as the ship sinks even further under his command

I think you're bang on the money here - BUT this is where each individual could make a difference. Surely it's worth £12 to have a voice in the trust and make sure that JF doesn't resume control with the GTST backing?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 73
MuddyWaters
November 3, 2011, 3:09pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.59
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,291
Gold Stars: 236
How do you know that he isn't about to pull a rabbit out of the hat?
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 73
BIGChris
November 3, 2011, 3:50pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.96
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from thebigeasy

I think you're bang on the money here - BUT this is where each individual could make a difference. Surely it's worth £12 to have a voice in the trust and make sure that JF doesn't resume control with the GTST backing?

This is very important IMO.

The Trust must represent the views of the members. It is vital that people join up and express their views so that the Trust can accurately represent the fan base!

It might be that the majority of Trust members want JF back as Chairman, on the other hand they might not. A voice is very important even without  financial backing IMO
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 73
MuddyWaters
November 3, 2011, 4:43pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.59
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,291
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from BIGChris

This is very important IMO.

The Trust must represent the views of the members. It is vital that people join up and express their views so that the Trust can accurately represent the fan base!

It might be that the majority of Trust members want JF back as Chairman, on the other hand they might not. A voice is very important even without  financial backing IMO

You make a valid point Chris, but if my information is correct, there will only be one choice anyway!
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 73
bostonian
November 3, 2011, 4:44pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: +70
Gold Stars: 2
No invester will come with the club in it,s present state , Two choices , go into admin or limp along and slide further down the leagues.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 73
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › New accounts released (Town 936k in the red)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.