1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
BIGChris
October 29, 2011, 5:12pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.96
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Did what we had to do. Slipping on the potential banana skin avoided.

Very young side out today and i though I'anson, Townsend and Thanoj all played very well.

Clean sheet too even though Ashington were limited they kept going. Referee generally did well too I thought.

Makofo was really poor again. I'd play Eagle but also would consider going down the youth route and play Southwell here and there.
Private Message
ginnywings
October 29, 2011, 5:20pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.01
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
Forgot to mention how poor Makofo was in my report.Even against very poor opposition he looked lost and constantly made the wrong decisions.

As you say,the young three played well and i thought  Thanoj looked ready for a return to the first team.Spots a pass.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 3
October 29, 2011, 5:58pm
Guest User
It's hard to dislike Makofo as it's clear he is giving it his all but he is absolutely terrible. When he beats his man (always on the outside) you know his delivery is going to end up in the Osmond or the Pontoon. He might as well not bother. Eagle is ten times the player but I agree with Chris, there are question marks over him too. Namely a lack of pace and an inability to cross a decent ball.

Interesting point re Southwell, I will bow to Chris's superior knowledge of yoof team / reserve football here but maybe Dale can do a better job than both of them. Is he a left winger though?
Reply: 2 - 3
coddy60
October 30, 2011, 9:54am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +7 / -16
Approval: +661
Gold Stars: 13
I thought when we signed him that Artus could play out there as well, as he's viewed as a bit of a luxury in the centre maybe hes the answer?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 3
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.