Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Always the same..
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 169 Guests

Always the same..

This thread currently has 1,483 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
pontoonlew
October 19, 2011, 11:41am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,090
Gold Stars: 178
On this bloody board, improving if we win and need to sack the managers if we lose! I accept last nights was a bad result but to be fair i'm not that fussed, this season is all about seeing through a transition, sacraficing a whole season if you like. Sadly people dont see this and seem to think we have a right to instant success; let me just point a few things out to you.

Unless we chuck Hundreds of thousands of pounds at players and risk our clubs future by doing so, we are never going to get out of this league without keeping with the same manager(s). Last seasons winners were Crawley and look how much money they threw into it, nobody could compete with that and sadly that's how football has become. This season we have Fleetwood trying to emmulate that success by throwing even more money, however they aren't having an easy time. Why? Because teams who have been slowly building have suddenly come into thier own. Wrexham lead the league, they came down here in 2008 and are yet to return. They appointed Dean Saunders mid-way through their first season after a poor start, he didn't really get them going either and many fans called for his head. The Wrexham board stuck with him and decided to be patient with him and results would come, over TWO YEARS later they sit with a 4 point cushion at the top of the league and Saunders is now plying his trade at Doncaster and doing a damn good job. He made lots of mistakes at Wrexham and clearly learnt from every single one, look at him now and imagine where him and Wrexham would be if that chairman had taken a knee jerk reaction and sacked him?

Doncaster themselves spent many seasons building a decent squad down in this divison and them many seasons of hard work and patience has seen them fly up the leagues into the Championship. Not so far behind them are Yeovil who did a very similar thing. York have been down here re-buliding for almost 10 seasons, they were easily the best side i've seen all season on Saturday and are right up there.

You just need to do a bit of research and see that the tactic we are employing does work and the sides who sack managers who dont have the money to buy the league, will almost ALWAYS fail. So how much patience do we have Town fans? I accept we have been through the excrement and I know that, but we wont get anywhere without letting things take a bit of time. We allowed Slade time, the only manager in recent history I can remember being allowed time and look where it got us, the best season we've had in some of our life times!

This board is often an embarrasment to read when we lose, we dont need to drop Mckeown and we dont need to sack the managers. We need the managers to have time to address certain problems which may take 1-2 seasons, but i'm willing for that to happen rather than sack these guys now and wait another 4-5 seasons instead!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Marinerdeano
October 19, 2011, 11:46am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +467
Gold Stars: 27
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 11
thebigeasy
October 19, 2011, 11:51am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +0
Quoted Text
This board is often an embarrasment to read when we lose, we dont need to drop Mckeown and we dont need to sack the managers. We need the managers to have time to address certain problems which may take 1-2 seasons, but i'm willing for that to happen rather than sack these guys now and wait another 4-5 seasons instead!

And in the meantime if they stay , crowds will fall further, we will get relegated, and go out of business. At what point will you realise that the problem isn't the lack of time successive managerial failures have had, it's successive bad managerial appointments that's causing the problem!

I think at this point, most of those who are still managing to drag themselves to BP have realised that these 2 are way out of their depth - which is why their appointment was always, at best, a massive gamble or at worst pure lunacy. Forget their previous experience in the lower leagues, it is totally irrelevant. Ever heard of promoting people beyond their level of competence - that's what has happened with these two.

Should they be sacked? No, they should resign and tbh judging by their lack lustre "performances" in the media, I think they are very close to doing so.

The real problem is who is going to lead this club out of this mess and appoint the next manager?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 11
pontoonlew
October 19, 2011, 11:58am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from thebigeasy

And in the meantime if they stay , crowds will fall further, we will get relegated, and go out of business. At what point will you realise that the problem isn't the lack of time successive managerial failures have had, it's successive bad managerial appointments that's causing the problem!

I think at this point, most of those who are still managing to drag themselves to BP have realised that these 2 are way out of their depth - which is why their appointment was always, at best, a massive gamble or at worst pure lunacy. Forget their previous experience in the lower leagues, it is totally irrelevant. Ever heard of promoting people beyond their level of competence - that's what has happened with these two.

Should they be sacked? No, they should resign and tbh judging by their lack lustre "performances" in the media, I think they are very close to doing so.

The real problem is who is going to lead this club out of this mess and appoint the next manager?

Why on earth do you think that we will be relegated!? I really do dispair with fans like you, genuine question here, what did you expect for this season? Honestly, after looking around at the teams around us and who have achieved promotion with little money in an instant, did you think we were just going to be an acception?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 11
RoboCod
October 19, 2011, 12:01pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from thebigeasy

I thought you'd have suggested Brian Laws by now ?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 11
thebigeasy
October 19, 2011, 12:18pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +0
Quoted Text
Why on earth do you think that we will be relegated!? I really do dispair with fans like you, genuine question here, what did you expect for this season? Honestly, after looking around at the teams around us and who have achieved promotion with little money in an instant, did you think we were just going to be an acception?

Not hard to work out really - as others have pointed out on here, S&H's record so far is very very poor. It is far far worse than NW's record in the  BSP. As things stand we will struggle to get 50 points, that equals relegation. Factor into that a points deduction for going into administration after Xmas and there you go!

What did I expect - nothing from these 2, and I was genuinely concerned that they were well out of their depth from day 1! S&H's appointment was made by a desperate man realising (as he is now admitting) that no one else was interested and the cost of failure was about to escalate beyond what he finds acceptable to handle on his own.

As we stand the situation at the club is entering what could well be the final chapter - we are so close to collapse, and any rescue attempt is doomed unless there is a massive change on the field. It doesn't look like there is a hppy ending in sight.

It's a bitter pill to swallow I know, but until you have the b***s to admit this we're going nowhere except out if business.

Forget about supporting the managers - get yourselves involved in the Trust. IMHO if they can get some people with credible business experience involved at the club, that would be a massive step forward, and give us the best hope of rescuing something from this mess.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 11
psgmariner
October 19, 2011, 12:23pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from pontoonlew

It would be stupid and arrogant to simply assume relegation is impossible.

We are 4 points off a relegation spot today. I expect it to 3 or less on Saturday afternoon. We have lost our last 2 games and seem incapable of picking up points away from home.

Not saying that it will be happen but it's certainly a possibility.

Private Message
Reply: 6 - 11
pontoonlew
October 19, 2011, 12:28pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from thebigeasy

Not hard to work out really - as others have pointed out on here, S&H's record so far is very very poor. It is far far worse than NW's record in the  BSP. As things stand we will struggle to get 50 points, that equals relegation. Factor into that a points deduction for going into administration after Xmas and there you go!

What did I expect - nothing from these 2, and I was genuinely concerned that they were well out of their depth from day 1! S&H's appointment was made by a desperate man realising (as he is now admitting) that no one else was interested and the cost of failure was about to escalate beyond what he finds acceptable to handle on his own.

As we stand the situation at the club is entering what could well be the final chapter - we are so close to collapse, and any rescue attempt is doomed unless there is a massive change on the field. It doesn't look like there is a hppy ending in sight.

It's a bitter pill to swallow I know, but until you have the b***s to admit this we're going nowhere except out if business.

Forget about supporting the managers - get yourselves involved in the Trust. IMHO if they can get some people with credible business experience involved at the club, that would be a massive step forward, and give us the best hope of rescuing something from this mess.

All your getting at is the financial mess which is something we all agree on except the bullshit about admin by Xmas, we have the money to sort us out until next season and that's been said already. How will we struggle to get to 50 points either? Any 'lesser' sides coming to BP have been getting turned over and I expect that to continue. We are good going forward away from home and if we keep up our home form that alone will keep us up (I can't believe im even discussing relegation). Hurst and Scott have now said they want some replacements and with their signings this season I do trust them to pick it up in January and I believe between January and May more fans will see they are decent managers. Notice just one player in last nights back four was a signing made by H&S. I'm pretty sure they'll be making at least one change to that and hopefully a pretty impressive Green will be coming back too.

The signings such as Hearn, Mckeown, Disley and Church are looking to be good ones, so if they can replicate that by bringing in defenders of that standard then we will suddenly look like having a decent side!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 11
forza ivano
October 19, 2011, 12:30pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,266
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from psgmariner

It would be stupid and arrogant to simply assume relegation is impossible.

We are 4 points off a relegation spot today. I expect it to 3 or less on Saturday afternoon. We have lost our last 2 games and seem incapable of picking up points away from home.

Not saying that it will be happen but it's certainly a possibility.

vraiment psg - the new2's record is 1.11111 points per game - that's 51 points over a season, which could well get us relegated, especially when we sem get out battled or over run on such a regular basis
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 11
oldun
October 19, 2011, 6:19pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
That assumes nothing changes, and they say in financial investments, past performance is no guarantee of future returns.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 11
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Always the same..

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.