2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Rodley Mariner
October 19, 2011, 11:07am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,257
Gold Stars: 178
I know it's difficult and I'm as tired of it all as anybody but....

We need to exercise some patience as hard as it may be. Our problems on and off the field come to a lack of it; paying off managers, paying off players, a total lack of stability. In the summer, another batch of players will be out of contract enabling Scott and Hurst to move the squad on further. Mckeown, Pearson, I'Anson, Wood, Church and Hearn will all be a year more experienced. Disley will still have another year, perhaps we can get Coulson to sign a new contract and keep hold of Green. Potentially Thanoj and Mulready could come more into the reckoning. Those out of contract and probably leaving the club will include Arthur, Ridley, Kempson and quite possibly Elding, Duffy and Spencer. If that were to happen we'd still have the spine of the team but with a lot of fairly high earners leaving, the room to further evolve the squad.

Before anyone points it out, I'm aware that they brought in Elding and Spencer and also that the above is making the (pretty massive) assumption that financially things will be stable.

I'm also aware that losing to Ebbsfleet is excrement but sacking another management team and paying off players isn't the way to turn things around on or off the pitch. We've tried that one a few times already and the results have been pretty similar.
Logged Offline
Private Message
BlackBoots
October 19, 2011, 11:14am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +17 / -5
Excellent post Rodley
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 14
GodHelpUs
October 19, 2011, 11:17am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +21 / -3
Approval: -1
Spot on. An oasis of calm in a desert of total insanity!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 14
Cott_Mike
October 19, 2011, 11:21am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +14
The problem is, if we have picked the wrong one(s) how long do we let it carry on
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 14
BlackBoots
October 19, 2011, 11:43am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +17 / -5
I dont think we will know if we have 'picked the wrong ones' for another 18 months or so
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 14
thebigeasy
October 19, 2011, 11:54am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +0
Quoted Text
I dont think we will know if we have 'picked the wrong ones' for another 18 months or so

Err - we haven't got another 18 weeks without improvement let alone 18 months      
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 14
Paris Mariner
October 19, 2011, 11:57am
www.theliquidfootballblog.wordpress.com
Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +809
Here here

bilbaogroundguide.wordpress.com
ingoldale.tumblr.com Football and gig ticket blog
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 6 - 14
Rodley Mariner
October 19, 2011, 3:00pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,257
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from BlackBoots

Agree that they should have all of this season and until well into the next before we're looking seriously at their positions. I don't have serious concerns about relegation and think we'll improve over the season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 14
siy2k5
October 19, 2011, 4:33pm
Bite me!
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.86
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: -2
I'm still not totally convinced with these too, however they must be given at least another year. Anyway who's in charge tosack em anyway?

Quoted from marinerian
If Newport win it b4 heir vist to BP, I will sit in The Osmond dressed as Little Bo-Peep for the match against them!  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 14
grimsby pete
October 19, 2011, 4:40pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,827
Gold Stars: 222
I was sat behind our bench last night,

Scott was shouting and moaning most of the game,

BUT

They are the players he brought in but he + shorty can not make them do the simple things, like passing the ball to our own players,

Its up to S + H TO PROVE THEY CAN GET THEM TO DO THE BASICS REGULARLY, or they will be out themselves,

I hope for thier sake and ours, they can do it.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 14
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Patience

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.