Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › post of the season by fleabag 1970
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 133 Guests

post of the season by fleabag 1970

This thread currently has 853 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
October 19, 2011, 9:58am
Guest User
qoute from the fleabag" this football club is full of idiots.......................wanted buckley out................says it all really!!!

Well I couldn't agree more, I remember reading with rage all the nobs (buckley haters ) posting their excrement on here, about Buckly being out the game to long, not know what he's doing, a bit like dalglish at liverpool then? Well we know fenty reads this site and we know how easily influenced he is, Well You nobs got your way and the rest is history. All thats left to say to the nobs Is "you reap what you sow" Hope you are enjoying NON league football, no actually I really hope you are flipping hateing it. Feel better now Ive got that of my chest.
crusty ole pie
October 19, 2011, 10:18am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,384
Gold Stars: 66
Could not agree with you more Alan but I think the rot stated wmen they sacked you first time after a draw at Portsmouth Christ what we would do now for that sort of result
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 7
Quagmire
October 19, 2011, 11:48am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +19 / 0
Approval: +932
Gold Stars: 43
Buckley wasn't sacked because we'd drawn with Pompey.

He was sacked because in the dozen or more preceding games we'd scored about 5 goals and garnered a similar amount of points.

Not to mention a poor summer recruitment campaign that saddled us with the wondrous talents of Paul Raven and Mike Jeffrey.

You are right to suggest he shouldn't have been sacked by Fenty in more recent times - but that is purely because Buckley III shouldn't have happened in the first place.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 7
Theimperialcoroner
October 19, 2011, 12:04pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,248
Gold Stars: 102
Quoted from Quagmire

He was sacked because in the dozen or more preceding games we'd scored about 5 goals and garnered a similar amount of points.

Not to mention a poor summer recruitment campaign that saddled us with the wondrous talents of Paul Raven and Mike Jeffrey.

You are right to suggest he shouldn't have been sacked by Fenty in more recent times - but that is purely because Buckley III shouldn't have happened in the first place.

Buckley III was much less of a failure than anything else which has preceded. Kept us up from a shockingly bad position and took us to Wembley. His downfall was being forced into a corner by 'ooh me back' Butler. But in all seriousness we shite we are knee deep in now would simply not have been tolerated by AB, and whilst I'm not advocating ABIV, we'd be in a better position now if we'd not panicked back then.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 7
GollyGTFC
October 19, 2011, 12:13pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,045
Gold Stars: 358
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner

His downfall was being forced into a corner by 'ooh me back' Butler.

Had nothing to do with the 2 draws, 11 defeats, 6 goals scored and 27 conceded in his last 13 league games then?
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 4 - 7
GodHelpUs
October 19, 2011, 3:39pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +21 / -3
Approval: -1
Quoted from Quagmire

Not at all.  Buckley made it perfectly clear that he had no time for Huxford et al and made no secret of his support for Bill Carr, someone he had great respect for.  As for the "wondrous" talents he signed...do you really think he would have signed them if he had any money?  He was starved of resources in order to force his hand.  Yet another crime commited by the Carr out brigade.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 7
Borbs
October 19, 2011, 8:49pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Similiar situation under Fenty told to stay within budget limits after it went Pete Tong with Butler, who still had a good goal average IMHO. It was clear Buckley risked everything on a proven goalscorer which did not work out. Fenty would not put more cash in ffor a replacement and was not prepared to give Buckley more time because of people bleeting Buckley was past it, utter Tosh.

The problem is for the players at Town the expectation is very high to excel and beat so called pub teams some clearly cannot deal with that and lose confidence in games and have rarely shown the steel to get back into a game. Kempson, Ridley, Atkinson, Colgan, Arthur they know what is expected by the big club in the Blue Sq Prem and just lose it with inconsistent performances.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 7
Theimperialcoroner
October 19, 2011, 9:10pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,248
Gold Stars: 102
Quoted from GollyGTFC

Had nothing to do with the 2 draws, 11 defeats, 6 goals scored and 27 conceded in his last 13 league games then?

That was the symptom, Butler was the disease. AB had lost certain players after backing the twit of that particular season.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 7
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › post of the season by fleabag 1970

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.