Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hurst interview....a great inspiration!
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 196 Guests

Hurst interview....a great inspiration!

This thread currently has 2,968 views. Print
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
come_on_town
October 18, 2011, 10:02pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: +165
Gold Stars: 33
Just listened to the hurst interview on hull-berside. Yes we have just lost yet another game where we took the lead yet his attitude to JT and thoughts of this fridays home game to luton shocked me. As a manager surely he must have more confidence as we are at home and scored 10 goals in last two home games? For him to come out and say 'I dont expect to get anything from fridays game'. Is this the right message to get the fans into BP and get behind a struggling team????
Private Message
Roisteringroy
October 18, 2011, 10:08pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
On a steep learning curve just like Woods. Hardly surprising same pattern emerging. Fenty is to blame as he appointed Hinge and Bracket. Whatever happened to John Deehan? Mismanagement from top down with no sign of hitting the bottom.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 25
Simariner
October 18, 2011, 10:13pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.46
Rep Score: +29 / -4
Approval: +505
Very wise move by Fenty. His mistake and obviously can see a sinking ship so he has bailed out.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 2 - 25
bobbyturtle
October 18, 2011, 10:17pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.76
Rep Score: +29 / -4
Approval: +954
Gold Stars: 18
hurst didn't know what to say or do tonight. never been more scared for gtfc than tonight

Icenian Prediction League 2015 (Game 2) winner
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 25
petethemariner
October 18, 2011, 10:27pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +36 / -2
Approval: +1,011
Gold Stars: 16
Deffo not marketing men S & H!
First one says ' if you d'ont like it d'ont facking come' and then a few weeks later the other one  tells us he expectsus to lose a home game ( a game already on  TV toboot), a fantastic inspiration to attend!.
Trouble is that fans are now starting to take their advice - nothing to do with THEIR team, or tactics though.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 25
gary_elton
October 18, 2011, 11:50pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.20
Rep Score: +23 / -6
Approval: +1,243
Gold Stars: 6
I'm not fackin goin on friday....

All my pictures , Seem to fade to black and white.... (Reg Dwight)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 25
AshMariner
October 18, 2011, 11:51pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
the managers have the talking ability just not seeing the results to match that atm
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 25
Marinerz93
October 19, 2011, 12:13am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
He's convinced me to get my ticket early, I'm off to queue up now for my ticket, back later, it's going to be a sell out!!!

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 25
lowerfindus
October 19, 2011, 12:20am

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +202
Gold Stars: 2
No sign of learning from these two clowns despite the tail end of last season and the whole of preseason to get a team, some set plays and a style of play in place.

We are a third of the way through the season and the best we can look forward to is back to back games against relegation rivals Lincoln City.

If Paul Hurst doesnt think we can win at home he should not be incharge.

Never drink in a pub with a flat roof.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 25
80sglory
October 19, 2011, 12:24am
Guest User
Quoted from come_on_town
For him to come out and say 'I dont expect to get anything from fridays game'. Is this the right message to get the fans into BP and get behind a struggling team????

Did he actually say that ?

As I understood it when I listened, he was saying Luton are favourites to win the game (which is true).

Managers will often undermine their chances in games, say how difficult they are etc.
The last thing they want is to appear over confident and then lose because fans will question their judgement.
Ironically they end up getting judged on the results anyway so whether it helps in the long term to play down your chances is a good question - it would be nice to hear a bit more positivity now and then, but I doubt you'll ever get that straight after a defeat.

tbh I almost felt Hurst was being dragged into a situation by JT where he had no other option but to blame the players.

I don't blame JT for asking some good questions and maybe Hurst does really blame them, but I always worry when fingers start being pointed in public.

But all things being equal even if we lose to Luton I don't think we need to panic.  
Reply: 9 - 25
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hurst interview....a great inspiration!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.