Sussexmariner
October 7, 2011, 8:13pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +624
Gold Stars: 18
Hearn 18, Duffy 16 (goal minutes)

Both good value in my opinion, dont think Hearn will do what he did last game but he should be buzzing!! I've gone for Hearn as he tends to play the full 90 minutes

Are we any closer to getting promoted since Hurst has been here? No

Has he been given time to achieve promotion by the chairman and fans? Yes

Hurst out
Logged Offline
Private Message
99agrant
October 7, 2011, 8:23pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Approval: +135
Gold Stars: 6
For those of us that dont understand spread betting can you explain what that means?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 6
Super Clive
October 7, 2011, 8:58pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +55 / -24
Approval: +1
Quoted from 99agrant
For those of us that dont understand spread betting can you explain what that means?

Quoted from moosey_club

As far as my understanding goes...

Each player has a goal minute factor value  based on their likelehood to score, ie a striker has a higher factor as on paper he is more likely to score.
If you want to back that player you select your amount to stake ie £1 and then multiply that by the players goal minute factor value, so if Hearn was valued at factor 20 (no suncream jokes) you would pay £1 bet  x 20 factor = £20 total bet.
Now for every goal that player scores in that game you get your £1 stake x the minute value of the goal in return so yesterday £1 on Hearn would break down;
£1 x (first goal) 57 mins = £57
£1 x (second goal)  60 mins = £60
£1 x (third goal) 70 mins = £70
£1 x (fourth goal) 86 mins  = £86

Which adds up to a tidy sum. In effect any player you back you want to score in the second half as late as possible for the greater return or in Hearns case yesterday score lots of second half goals. Defenders, midfielders, have a much lower goal minute factor value with Pearson quoted as only 2 recently which as some have suggested is excellent long term bet value based on his record.

I think thats it anyway.

Private Message
Reply: 2 - 6
psgmariner
October 8, 2011, 9:43am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.68
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
As a newbie which is the best spread bet firm to use. Sporting Index?

Can't seem to find Hearn's goal minutes anyway. Do you need to be logged in to view it?

Private Message
Reply: 3 - 6
Abdul19
October 8, 2011, 10:16am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.40
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,640
Gold Stars: 220

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 6
Tommy
October 8, 2011, 2:52pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,869
Gold Stars: 76
Already got my bets on for this weekend but I'm gonna get involved with this spread betting lark next week.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 6
Mighty_Mariner
October 8, 2011, 3:04pm
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,264
Gold Stars: 10
So if I £1 per minute on Hearn and he doesn't score then I lose £16, that right? What happens if he scores in say, the 10th minute?

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 6
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Spread betting

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.