Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Match day pub !!
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 68 Guests

Match day pub !!

This thread currently has 3,460 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
ginnywings
October 6, 2011, 7:15pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.01
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
As i've already mentioned,it's the old Partizan club.I used to play for Partizan back in the mists of time and have been in there many many times.It's a bit "snug" to say the least and the bar is tiny.50 people in there and it's rammed.

If you are willing to amble away from the ground that far,why not just go into Cleethorpes where there are pubs that can fit more than a handful of people in.

By the way,the owner is Jack and it's a club.See what he did there.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 31
the Grimbarian
October 6, 2011, 7:24pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -22
Approval: -2
Quoted from ginnywings
The old Partizan club.

The Rutland is just around the corner and sells real ale.

Cant u read Jack o clubs has 2 guest ales or in another language real ale ones abbotts ale at the mo.

[IMG]http://i52.tinypic.com/awxlia.jpg[/IMG]                                                          

• In addition, it was requested for anyone involved with GTST to step away from the
negativity, and refrain from getting involved in any nastiness and backbiting that
seems commonplace on messageboards.

AN EPITAPH FOR ALL GTST MEMBERS

Paranoia is a thought process believed to be heavily influenced by anxiety or fear, often to the point of irrationality and delusion.
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 31
the Grimbarian
October 6, 2011, 7:28pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -22
Quoted from gtfc98

what's wrong with the Blundell/Imp? Where town fans have been going for years..... bit odd

The Blundell is run like a prison camp and the Imp is shut for the forseeable future thats why ive looked for another place fans can go for a pre match drink

[IMG]http://i52.tinypic.com/awxlia.jpg[/IMG]                                                          

• In addition, it was requested for anyone involved with GTST to step away from the
negativity, and refrain from getting involved in any nastiness and backbiting that
seems commonplace on messageboards.

AN EPITAPH FOR ALL GTST MEMBERS

Paranoia is a thought process believed to be heavily influenced by anxiety or fear, often to the point of irrationality and delusion.
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 31
RexFannies
October 6, 2011, 8:16pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +517
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from tonyfordsmicrofro
The car park looks a bit on the small side.

Very Good, made me COL (Chuckle out loud)

The Only Way Is Up
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 13 - 31
siy2k5
October 6, 2011, 9:20pm
Bite me!
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.86
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Am I missing something, or haven't town fans always been able to go there, or anywhere else for that matter, all along?

Quoted from marinerian
If Newport win it b4 heir vist to BP, I will sit in The Osmond dressed as Little Bo-Peep for the match against them!  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 31
Wrawby_Mariner
October 6, 2011, 9:32pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +50 / -13
Approval: +862
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from siy2k5
Am I missing something, or haven't town fans always been able to go there, or anywhere else for that matter, all along?

Exactly what I thought, I don't think anyone needs to advertise for a pub when in this financial climate a pubs are willing to accept any legal patrons...
Fair play to Tony for looking though (Y)
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype Skype
Reply: 15 - 31
gtfc98
October 6, 2011, 9:43pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.73
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,062
Gold Stars: 68
Quoted from the Grimbarian

The Blundell is run like a prison camp and the Imp is shut for the forseeable future thats why ive looked for another place fans can go for a pre match drink

What a bizarre thing to say. Yeah its a bit rough but the pheonix club doesn't exactly look like the ritz. My experience of the blundell is go to the bar, get a pint, watch the footy with my mates. Not exactly a prison camp, and right opposite blundell park

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 31
Neilo83
October 6, 2011, 9:51pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +17 / -6
Approval: +263
Gold Stars: 4
Looks like this little promotion is failing as bad as ur "free RELIABLE streaming" for watching footy games.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 31
tonyfordsmicrofro
October 6, 2011, 9:58pm

Lower Findus
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +37 / -4
Approval: +26
Quoted from the Grimbarian
or in another language

Qui va aller boisson dans cette toilette avant le jeu quand l'hôtel Blundell Park de l'autre côté de la rue est ouvert? Je vous remercie de me faire savoir où vous serez avant des matchs à domicile Grimbarian. Je serai sûr de ne pas être où vous êtes… Imbécile.

You fill up my senses,
Like a barrel of Tetley's,
Like a packet of Woodbine,
Like a good pinch of snuff,
Like a night out in Cleethorpes,
Like a greasy chip butty,
O, Super Black and Whites,
Come fill me again
Na na naa naa naa naaaa TOWN!!
Na na naa naa na na naaaa
Na na naa naa na naaa naaa
Na na naa naa naa naaaaaaa!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 31
Grim up north
October 6, 2011, 9:58pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +694
Gold Stars: 1
Thats Jacko's place who used to run the new imp then the night club 'o' the north- the Barcy! . Top bloke- havent been in this place but willing to give it a go some time .
Cant be any worse for him than when we had Forests finest in for a few
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 31
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Match day pub !!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.