Grimsby Town newsclip 1981

This thread currently has 2,716 views. Print
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
TimMickleburgh
October 4, 2011, 11:05pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +4 / -5
I have found a recently added clip of the Mariners training at Hereford School on the ITN source site.The  sight of our club's players arriving in the back of a van on benches is staggering to say the leas tbut worth seeing Drinkell,Whymark and Ford again.http://www.itnsource.com/shotlist//ITN/1981/04/09/FS090481008/?s=grimsby&st=0&pn=1

“No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred for the Tory Party. So far as I am concerned they are lower than vermin.” Aneurin Bevan
Logged Offline
Private Message
barralad
October 4, 2011, 11:11pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.31
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,301
Gold Stars: 127
Ahh!! Trevor Whymark.....best player to have graced the black and white in all my 40+ years of GTFC

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 28
TimMickleburgh
October 4, 2011, 11:13pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +4 / -5
Look for the view of the old Barrett Stand at the end of the clip.

“No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred for the Tory Party. So far as I am concerned they are lower than vermin.” Aneurin Bevan
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 28
Marinerz93
October 4, 2011, 11:16pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.55
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Brilliant find, great to see the school kids waving at the players, you wouldn't get that now.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 28
barralad
October 4, 2011, 11:19pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.31
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,301
Gold Stars: 127
Quoted from Marinerz93
Brilliant find, great to see the school kids waving at the players, you wouldn't get that now.

Two finger wave?

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 28
Marinerz93
October 4, 2011, 11:20pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.55
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Quoted from barralad

Two finger wave?

Come on Barra, he was merely asking Drinks to bag him a couple of goals in the next game  

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 28
bobbyturtle
October 4, 2011, 11:36pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.76
Rep Score: +29 / -4
Approval: +954
Gold Stars: 18
fantastic, jumpers for goal posts and all that
looked a bit like a goodies sketch getting out of the van.
great to see the view from the barrett stand too, have still got the stool my dad nade me so i could see over the fence.
good old days
utm

Icenian Prediction League 2015 (Game 2) winner
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 28
tonyfordsmicrofro
October 4, 2011, 11:36pm

Lower Findus
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +37 / -4
Approval: +26
Bloody hell!! That's a really good good find!! That's the first time I've ever seen inside the Barrett Stand. Bit of a sad question maybe but does anyone know if the wooden fence that ran along the touchline was kept in tact when the Findus was built after the Barrett Stand was pulled down? I ask because I spent many a game sat on the crush barrier in the Lower Findus as a kid trying to find a wide enough gap in the fence to put my feet through. It looks exactly the same on this video as how I remember it.

You fill up my senses,
Like a barrel of Tetley's,
Like a packet of Woodbine,
Like a good pinch of snuff,
Like a night out in Cleethorpes,
Like a greasy chip butty,
O, Super Black and Whites,
Come fill me again
Na na naa naa naa naaaa TOWN!!
Na na naa naa na na naaaa
Na na naa naa na naaa naaa
Na na naa naa naa naaaaaaa!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 28
sonik
October 4, 2011, 11:45pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +23 / -9
Approval: +28
I don't remember the Barraett Stand looking that small from behind. Oh to be young again. Great memories!

The Futures Bright Its Black And White!
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 28
jock dock tower
October 5, 2011, 9:05am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
Brilliant. The Barratt was so atmospheric. I appreciate the need for the Findus, but a part of the ground died for me when they pulled it down. Remember walking around the pitch the day after the demolition had finished, with wood everywhere. Never thought to pick up a small piece for a keepsake.

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 28
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Grimsby Town newsclip 1981

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.