Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Future funding of GTFC - is this possible?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 84 Guests

Future funding of GTFC - is this possible?

This thread currently has 5,346 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
RoboCod
October 5, 2011, 9:50am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.90
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Here's a wild and rather wacky idea for the club to generate some money.... start beating the likes of Bath City, Chasetown etc and get yourselves on a feckin' CUP RUN !!

Yeah I know... MAD idea.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 56
maxfox44
October 5, 2011, 9:52am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +139
You could say for the last few season we've had part time players anyway.

I remember being pelted with ice by the Norwich fans during the Milk Cup match, do you?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 56
dapperz fun pub
October 5, 2011, 9:55am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,067
Gold Stars: 84
Quoted from maxfox44
You could say for the last few season we've had part time players anyway.

i agree BUT alot of them where on ridiculous money,many many of them on more than a 1k a week
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 56
BIGChris
October 5, 2011, 9:56am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.96
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

if we dont get out of these league this year or next the cutting cloth alternative will be part time players, for me thats the only way to save money is it not?

Not the only way but certainly one way.

Some current players are said to be on significant money for this division. Perhaps we can get at least their equals for £400pw? Do we need the club shop/offices open from 9-5 during the week?

There must be loads of savings that could be made although whether they are sufficent remains to be seen
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 56
dapperz fun pub
October 5, 2011, 10:03am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,067
Gold Stars: 84
Quoted from BIGChris

Not the only way but certainly one way.

Some current players are said to be on significant money for this division. Perhaps we can get at least their equals for £400pw? Do we need the club shop/offices open from 9-5 during the week?

There must be loads of savings that could be made although whether they are sufficent remains to be seen

back to the problem of location location,hearn attracted loads of attention in the summer but chose here for the dollar,i certainly agree about the clubshop/offices there does seem to be alot of staff doing what exactly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 56
Guttedgate
October 5, 2011, 10:21am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +5 / 0
This is what i do not understand about the last couple of seasons!
Why did the board feel dispite the warnings from other clubs and just about everybody in football that we could spend heavilly and get back in the league? It was always clear that costs had to be cut yet we havent done that. The fans need to realise that without some serious re-modelling the club will not be able to continue in its current situation, local business is prepared to back Town as always not many have the thousands required ( i know that some sponsorship is as expensive as when in the football league )
This level of football is much tougher than the football league and teams are packed with big tough plumbers and joiners and they win week in week out! So why would it not work for Town?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 56
Roast Em Bobby
October 5, 2011, 10:48am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +11 / -2
Approval: +1,729
Gold Stars: 44
can someone provide me with the link to the GTFC company accounts please
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 56
psgmariner
October 5, 2011, 10:57am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.68
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from Roast Em Bobby
can someone provide me with the link to the GTFC company accounts please

http://www.gtst.net/site/component/option,com_docman/task,cat_view/gid,72/Itemid,64/

Not been updated for a while...

Private Message
Reply: 17 - 56
psgmariner
October 5, 2011, 11:07am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.68
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
I have been keeping an eye on Wrexham's fans' takeover and the amount they raised is staggering.

The latest briefing included the following:

Towards the end of last season we asked fans to indicate how much money they would be prepared to invest in a future share scheme. We were taken aback by total indications of support of over £250,000. This exercise formed a key part of our forecast for this season and the business plan we shared with fans at our SGM to acquire the Club.

In the summer, our lawyers Cobbetts opened an escrow account and we asked ask fans to turn their initial indications of support into deposits in this secure account. Given the difficulties that the Club experienced during the summer, we were delighted with the response and a number of fans have already contributed over £50,000 in funds to this secure account.

http://www.wst.org.uk/www2/ind.....;catid=24:trust-news

They are similar size to us but seem light years ahead of us in terms of the sort of money their fans will donate.

Private Message
Reply: 18 - 56
BIGChris
October 5, 2011, 11:37am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.96
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Could it be that the imminent demise of their club pushed aside the apathy?

Would we have to wait until we are on the brink before fans came forward to help?

IMO it really does need everyone to support the club NOW to prevent brinkmanship
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 56
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Future funding of GTFC - is this possible?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.