2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
flash1
October 4, 2011, 9:30am
rather be a codhead than a scunt
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +21 / -9
Approval: +1
So many different opinions this week about the 500,000 shares been given to the trust,do you think its a good idea?

rather be a codhead than a scunt

Logged Offline
Private Message
crusty ole pie
October 4, 2011, 9:38am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,398
Gold Stars: 66
Good idea bad idea that's out of our control but it's up to the fans of the club join the trust make your views be heard and make the trust work for the benefit of the club your choice
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 15
BIGChris
October 4, 2011, 9:51am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.96
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Not sure any of us have sufficent information at this stage to be able to answer the question set.

My personal view is that this is a huge opportunity for all supporters of GTFC. If handled correctly it gives the Trust the chance to reach out to all supporters to create an inclusive club for all.

Previously the Trust aim was perceived to be one of fund raising to buy shares and ultimately have a say. The Trust have been handed that say by Mike Parkers transfer of shares. The Trust is now a major shareholder and can influence things going forward.

I now believe that anyone who wants to influence the football club and have their say should be activly encouraged to join the trust.

Do you want to have a voice?

Interesting times ahead for the Trust and  all Supporters
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 15
ginnywings
October 4, 2011, 9:59am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.01
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from BIGChris
Not sure any of us have sufficent information at this stage to be able to answer the question set.

My personal view is that this is a huge opportunity for all supporters of GTFC. If handled correctly it gives the Trust the chance to reach out to all supporters to create an inclusive club for all.

Previously the Trust aim was perceived to be one of fund raising to buy shares and ultimately have a say. The Trust have been handed that say by Mike Parkers transfer of shares. The Trust is now a major shareholder and can influence things going forward.

I now believe that anyone who wants to influence the football club and have their say should be activly encouraged to join the trust.

Do you want to have a voice?

Interesting times ahead for the Trust and  all Supporters

Sums it up for me.No-one knows how this will pan out but surely it's better to be on the inside looking out than on the outside looking in.

Think i will now join the trust and hopefully others will too and give the GTST added momentum.

Power to the people.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 15
MyDogsThoughts
October 4, 2011, 11:25am

Woof Woof!!!
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.87
Rep Score: +43 / -12
Approval: +38
I've been a Trust member since it's conception and wish a few more had joined back then, this might be just the jolt people needed to pay a bit into the pot like some of us have done already (not that I've given much to be honest).

You get a pleasant looking certificate on joining and a great sense of belonging too, well worth the effort and now we have so many shares our voice should be heard and the true supporters will actually be able to say they own part of their club.

[img]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_0viO-Dm52sM/Rz9JfAGEp6I/AAAAAAAAD8Y/QB-YolLcMJ8/s320/big%2Bbones.jpg[/img]

"I Love Bones, But I Think I'll Lick My Balls Now"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 15
grimsby pete
October 4, 2011, 11:41am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.78
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,842
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from MyDogsThoughts
I've been a Trust member since it's conception and wish a few more had joined back then, this might be just the jolt people needed to pay a bit into the pot like some of us have done already (not that I've given much to be honest).

You get a pleasant looking certificate on joining and a great sense of belonging too, well worth the effort and now we have so many shares our voice should be heard and the true supporters will actually be able to say they own part of their club.

I have looked through the trusts membership list,

THERE ARE NO DOGS ON THE LIST !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Over 37 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             69 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 15
GrimRob
October 4, 2011, 1:18pm

Posts Per Day: 2.11
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,473
Gold Stars: 115
I can't see it making much practical difference, because 99% of decisions are made at board level and if you're not on it there's very little you can do to influence them. Every AGM I've been to everything has been almost universally agreed amongst those present. But as to the question I voted yes. But like everyone else I don't really know I suspect.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 6 - 15
TWAreaTownSupporter
October 4, 2011, 1:35pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +1
Shareholders can prevent any board member from being re-elected. It's simply a matter of time.

Shareholders have all sorts of power to scrutinise dealings at the club, and make life very uncomfortable for directors.

Lots of times small shareholders don't bother opposing motions at the AGMs because they will be simply outvoted. Now the circs are different.....

Keep the faith.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 15
MyDogsThoughts
October 4, 2011, 2:57pm

Woof Woof!!!
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.87
Rep Score: +43 / -12
Approval: +38
Quoted from grimsby pete

I used a pseudonym and paid out of my Piggy Bank.

[img]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_0viO-Dm52sM/Rz9JfAGEp6I/AAAAAAAAD8Y/QB-YolLcMJ8/s320/big%2Bbones.jpg[/img]

"I Love Bones, But I Think I'll Lick My Balls Now"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 15
pseudonym
October 4, 2011, 3:17pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +34 / -14
Approval: -1
Quoted from grimsby pete

Not even Churchill

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 15
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Trust the trust

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.