2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Maringer
September 28, 2011, 4:53pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,680
Gold Stars: 189
A bit of a 'luxury' player from what I have seen. He obviously has some skill but reminds me of Sweeney in the way he is always too keen trying to show it off. This sort of player thinks it is a good idea to control the ball, flick it between his legs cleverly and then pass it, rather than passing it first time. This slows down play and this type of player also tends to get caught in possession too often. If you know an opponent is likely to try and cleverly keep hold of the ball rather than lay it off simply, it is easier to close them down and harry them into errors as we've already seen this season.

Not really the type of player I expected us to sign.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 15
mr viv
September 28, 2011, 5:13pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Quoted from jonnyboy82

you have seen him play 7 times and call him an awful player..

maybe you have an awful observation,he is not awful he is doing ok.

So johnny BOY how many times do you think you need to see someone then? Hence the reason i posted i have seen him 7 times i think that is more than enough times to pass judgement.I really dont see what he gives us,he threatens to be a good player and sometimes has looked the part but last night convinced me that he is a poor signing as playing in a three in midfield should have suited him down to the ground and clearly didnt.As with anyone who i and indeed anybody has critisised in the past 10 yrs (thers been a few!!) i hope i am proved wrong but i wont hold my breath.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 15
livosnose
September 28, 2011, 5:44pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +14 / -9
Approval: +1,186
Gold Stars: 16
Quoted from 1739
I think he has a good cross on him and is very useful when players get injured .

does he live in a bungalow and have a comfy sofa ?

[img][/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 15
Garth
September 28, 2011, 6:29pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 27
A second rate player thats unsuited to this league IMO, a fancy Dan who holds up play rather than makes things flow, different player but no better than Clarke
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 15
gobbylad
September 28, 2011, 6:43pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +8 / -1
well chaz i honestly thought that he looked good preseason and had a wand of a left foot but i sadly have to admit i was wrong............... he gives the ball away far too often and is very lightweight and shy of a tackle.........been a lefty myself i thought he had something special but it seems he may just be special (needs) ........
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 15
mr viv
September 28, 2011, 6:46pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Quoted from Garth
A second rate player thats unsuited to this league IMO, a fancy Dan who holds up play rather than makes things flow, different player but no better than Clarke

LOL clarke wow that is harsh lad!!! ....Now this will upset a few on here but in my opinion not as good as boshell!.........and i aint joking
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 15
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › franky artus

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.