This thread currently has 924 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Devonmatt
September 27, 2011, 11:33am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +19 / -3
Approval: +18
For all you spread punters out there, Hearn goal minutes look pretty cheap to me tonight.  Sporting have Hearn goal minutes @ 14 to buy which puts him in for 22.5% of all Grimsby goals tonight (if you think that he will play the whole game and that the quotes about supremacy and goals in the game are fairly accurate) which is a very low % IMHO.

You might also want to consider buying some Pearson goal minutes @ 2 with the same firm given his goal scoring record of last year.

Happy punting.

UTM.
Logged Offline
Private Message
upthestripes
September 27, 2011, 12:08pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.39
Rep Score: +68 / -8
Approval: +7
Pearson is very good value imo.
Lots to gain and very lttle to lose.
Not sure why Hearn was up to 30, but then drops to 14 after finally scoring! Seems odd.

[img]http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb71/levite_photo/town/2959063.jpg[/img]

Hitman Hearn - BP Gangsta
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 8
moosey_club
September 27, 2011, 12:21pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,317
Gold Stars: 229
Quoted from upthestripes
Pearson is very good value imo.
Lots to gain and very lttle to lose.
Not sure why Hearn was up to 30, but then drops to 14 after finally scoring! Seems odd.

You dont see many poor bookies.  

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 8
upthestripes
September 27, 2011, 1:08pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.39
Rep Score: +68 / -8
Approval: +7
Quoted from moosey_club

You dont see many poor bookies.  

Well this is true, but then some people made a heck of a lot off of them pricing Connell down low last year!
Given that he was knocking them in for fun at the time makes you wonder a bit.

[img]http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb71/levite_photo/town/2959063.jpg[/img]

Hitman Hearn - BP Gangsta
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 8
moosey_club
September 27, 2011, 3:49pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,317
Gold Stars: 229
Quoted from upthestripes

Well this is true, but then some people made a heck of a lot off of them pricing Connell down low last year!
Given that he was knocking them in for fun at the time makes you wonder a bit.

Gambling is a habit, severely addictive and bookies are no different to drug pushers when it comes to throwing the odd loss leader in there to get you started, hence all the free bets that they all push now.
Once you are on a site its so easy to spend a figure on the screen as it does not seem real, if you had to physically part with the cash over a counter i am sure plenty of people would not bother.
Always seems like harmless fun to begin with but before you know it you are chasing losses with bigger stakes and covering your own bets with other bets, they cant all come in.
We all know someone who knows someone ( mentioned by someone on here last week in fact) that was one result off a big payout on an accumulator etc but who knows someone who knows someone who has actually had the big payout? Not many.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 8
ImissClive
September 27, 2011, 4:03pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Quoted from moosey_club

Gambling is a habit, severely addictive and bookies are no different to drug pushers when it comes to throwing the odd loss leader in there to get you started, hence all the free bets that they all push now.
Once you are on a site its so easy to spend a figure on the screen as it does not seem real, if you had to physically part with the cash over a counter i am sure plenty of people would not bother.
Always seems like harmless fun to begin with but before you know it you are chasing losses with bigger stakes and covering your own bets with other bets, they cant all come in.
We all know someone who knows someone ( mentioned by someone on here last week in fact) that was one result off a big payout on an accumulator etc but who knows someone who knows someone who has actually had the big payout? Not many.

Acquisition through free bets is one thing, but it certainly isn't intended when a rogue price is on site!!

Anyway, for what it's worth I think the Shaun Pearson buy is knocking value. In my opinion the same can't be said of Hearn, away from home, however. Good luck all
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 8
80sglory
September 27, 2011, 4:09pm
Guest User
There's a difference between gambling (betting what you can't afford and chasing your losses) and investing to make money.
Like all things, it's unlikely you'll make big money unless you already have it, have advanced knowledge or get lucky(on an accumulator).
Best thing is to treat it like a hobby and be happy with any small returns.
But that said, you're probably better off waiting and staking bigger on a "good thing" than frittering your money around left, right and centre to stand still.
If none of your strong fancies are winning, then well, you're in the wrong game and should treat it as a bit of fun.
Reply: 6 - 8
psgmariner
September 27, 2011, 4:39pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
From Liam Hearn's Twitter:

This stomach bug has got me good. Hope the boys go and get the job done tonight. #UTM

Private Message
Reply: 7 - 8
80sglory
September 27, 2011, 7:16pm
Guest User
Town are 16-1 on Betfair right now to draw 0-0 !

Obviously no guarantees(personally I think Kiddy will probably win) but if it's a "backs to the wall" job it might be worth a small investment and laying it off in running IN PLAY depending on how you see things going.

Just a thought.
Reply: 8 - 8
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hearn Goal Minutes

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.