Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › If you're in the Upper Findus, shut your gob!
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense, Googlebot and 166 Guests

If you're in the Upper Findus, shut your gob!

This thread currently has 2,984 views. Print
3 Pages 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
AndyGTFC
September 25, 2011, 11:58am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +23 / -2
Approval: +804
Gold Stars: 5
Can that become a regular chant?

Seriously though, it seems like the majority of the prize sharp objects people have been criticising on here come from that stand. We heard it again in both games this week, with the hoofing chants whenever Kempson got the ball on Tuesday and then the booing and cheering of Makofo and Elding going off yesterday.

I don't see how it does anybody any good. All it does is make our fans look like twits.

So, yeah, shut the intercourse up and get behind your team. Cheers.
Logged Offline
Private Message
flash1
September 25, 2011, 12:01pm
rather be a codhead than a scunt
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +21 / -9
Approval: +1
Quoted from AndyGTFC

Seriously though, it seems like the majority of the prize sharp objects people have been criticising on here come from that stand. We heard it again in both games this week, with the hoofing chants whenever Kempson got the ball on Tuesday and then the booing and cheering of Makofo and Elding going off yesterday.

I don't see how it does anybody any good. All it does is make our fans look like twits.

how do you come to that conclusion andy?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 25
dapperz fun pub
September 25, 2011, 12:01pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,049
Gold Stars: 84
Quoted from AndyGTFC

the negative vibe is so deep rooted within the club and a decade of craap its hardly suprising is it
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 25
AndyGTFC
September 25, 2011, 12:10pm

Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from flash1

how do you come to that conclusion andy?

Just seems like they're the loudest. From what I've seen and heard, it usually seems to be a few people in there that start the booing and the singling out of individual players. I've not got a problem with people being negative if it's deserved but some people take the urine.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 25
dapperz fun pub
September 25, 2011, 12:17pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,049
Gold Stars: 84
Quoted from AndyGTFC

Just seems like they're the loudest. From what I've seen and heard, it usually seems to be a few people in there that start the booing and the singling out of individual players. I've not got a problem with people being negative if it's deserved but some people take the urine.

the problem is the product as been so devalued people/fans resort to pisss taking
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 25
grimsby pete
September 25, 2011, 12:20pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.79
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,834
Gold Stars: 222
If you are in the Ponny,  SHOUT LOUDER TO DROWN THEM OUT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 25
GrimRob
September 25, 2011, 12:23pm

Posts Per Day: 2.11
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,452
Gold Stars: 114
They are also furthest from the players so have less influence than in other areas where the grumblers and groaners have more swing (especially those in the main stand within hearing of the dugouts)?

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 6 - 25
Super Clive
September 25, 2011, 12:29pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +55 / -24
Let them at least its an atmosphere  
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 25
flash1
September 25, 2011, 12:30pm
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from grimsby pete
If you are in the Ponny,  SHOUT LOUDER TO DROWN THEM OUT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it,ll be alot louder in the ponny in a few years time when a few balls have dropped!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 25
NorfolkImp
September 25, 2011, 1:47pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.48
Rep Score: +11 / -10
Approval: -524
Gold Stars: 11
Gallows humour .... is it a Lincolnshire thing?

Private Message
Reply: 9 - 25
upthestripes
September 25, 2011, 1:52pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.39
Rep Score: +68 / -8
Approval: +7
I honestly never hear it up there, must just be lucky  

[img]http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb71/levite_photo/town/2959063.jpg[/img]

Hitman Hearn - BP Gangsta
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 25
upthestripes
September 25, 2011, 1:53pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.39
Rep Score: +68 / -8
Approval: +7
Quoted from NorfolkImp
Gallows humour .... is it a Lincolnshire thing?

More like a 'laugh or cry' thing  

[img]http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb71/levite_photo/town/2959063.jpg[/img]

Hitman Hearn - BP Gangsta
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 25
aaron rattray
September 25, 2011, 2:26pm
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.24
Rep Score: +71 / -90
Approval: -4
well yesterday the only shouting done was by squeky 12 years old

i am a season ticket holder and i always will be one  

"aaron is the next michael barrymore, hes a comedinan"

it is official, i am a comedian

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 25
lee65
September 25, 2011, 2:33pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +2,486
Gold Stars: 10
I was in UF yesterday, and it sounded like the booing for Elding was coming from mainly elsewhere when he went off.  Perhaps some of this perception is because all other stands are only half full at the minute?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 25
tashee69
September 25, 2011, 2:36pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +28 / -4
Approval: +970
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from AndyGTFC

What's the matter, have you got a problem with my posts, I sit up there, am I therefore a "prize sharp object"?
Don't worry I won't bother posting on here anymore. I hope that meets with your approval, because to be truthful with the in fighting in the boardroom I must congratulate you with your comment in bringing fans together and not starting them to disagree even more amongst themselves.
AND NEXT TIME CHOOSE YOUR LANGUAGE A BIT MORE CAREFULLY, NOT EVERYONE WAS BROUGHT UP IN THE GUTTER OR APPRECIATES THAT KIND OF LANGUAGE ON A MESSAGE BOARD THAT CAN BE READ BY CHILDREN !!!
Oh good I see its now been adjusted

Baldrick ! The only impression you can do is that of a man with no talent !!
GTFC team 09/10 - Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick.
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 25
AndyGTFC
September 25, 2011, 3:32pm

Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from tashee69

What's the matter, have you got a problem with my posts, I sit up there, am I therefore a "prize sharp object"?
Don't worry I won't bother posting on here anymore. I hope that meets with your approval, because to be truthful with the in fighting in the boardroom I must congratulate you with your comment in bringing fans together and not starting them to disagree even more amongst themselves.
AND NEXT TIME CHOOSE YOUR LANGUAGE A BIT MORE CAREFULLY, NOT EVERYONE WAS BROUGHT UP IN THE GUTTER OR APPRECIATES THAT KIND OF LANGUAGE ON A MESSAGE BOARD THAT CAN BE READ BY CHILDREN !!!

I never said that anyone that sits up there is in the wrong though, did I? I'm sure the majority are perfectly good people.

All I said is that to me, it seems to be a certain number of people in that stand that start getting on everyone's back and it has been getting on my nerves for a while now. I came home from the match last night and was more annoyed with the way certain fans acted rather than the stuff that happened during the game and it shouldn't be that way.

Apologies if the language I used offended you or anyone else. By all means, carry on posting!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 25
ginnywings
September 25, 2011, 4:41pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
I've done a bit of wandering around the ground lately.Few gmes at the back end of last season in the Main stand.This season,i've had 2 games in the Upper,the rest in the Ponny and the breaking news is that you get moaners in all stands at all games.They are more vocal when we lose but they are everywhere.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 25
jackfoster
September 25, 2011, 4:48pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +0 / -1
It's funny because most of the moaners couldn't run for toffee, and they think because they used to play sunday league 20 years ago, their footballing brains are much sharper than the GTFC players, even the worst player in the Town squad is a far better player in terms of fitness and technical ability than 99% of the moaners, who couldn't even play subbuteo never mind real football
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 25
Engine
September 25, 2011, 5:22pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
I had a right plonker in front of me in the upper yesterday, I always sit there with my Dad and son but yesterday took my seven year old daughter to her first game and was humouring her comments like you do with kids, anyway when we had the goal disallowed for offside she couldn't see why it was offside this fellow in front of me turned and told me in no uncertain terms that I dont know the F*****g rules, shame really that as he was with his family and grandkids he used the kind of language and foul racist comments about our own players! I can honestly say in all the years I've been supporting town home and away that he was the most obnoxious and negative not to mention nasty person I've ever had the displeasure of sitting near!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 25
davmariner
September 25, 2011, 5:48pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -11
Approval: +4,970
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from Engine
I had a right plonker in front of me in the upper yesterday, I always sit there with my Dad and son but yesterday took my seven year old daughter to her first game and was humouring her comments like you do with kids, anyway when we had the goal disallowed for offside she couldn't see why it was offside this fellow in front of me turned and told me in no uncertain terms that I dont know the F*****g rules, shame really that as he was with his family and grandkids he used the kind of language and foul racist comments about our own players! I can honestly say in all the years I've been supporting town home and away that he was the most obnoxious and negative not to mention nasty person I've ever had the displeasure of sitting near!

If this so called 'human being' was making foul racist comments you should have reported him. What a complete cretin (the person making the comments).

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 25
flash1
September 25, 2011, 6:19pm
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from Engine

what was your seat number?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 25
80sglory
September 25, 2011, 10:27pm
Guest User
Quoted from AndyGTFC

Just seems like they're the loudest.

Good job they're the highest then.  

Quoted from AndyGTFC
From what I've seen and heard, it usually seems to be a few people in there that start the booing and the singling out of individual players. I've not got a problem with people being negative if it's deserved but some people take the urine.

In terms of Elding I was under the impression people wanted the subs to be made quicker cos a few were shouting "Get Duffy on !" ?

Must say I don't enjoy it either (especially the cries of "Hoof !") but ultimately people will vent their opinions and frustrations and at the end of the day, it's their right and there's not much you can do about it.

Quoted from tashee69
Don't worry I won't bother posting on here anymore.

Please don't take it personally tashee.
I'm up there too and agree with you. (and so does Andy)
I for one will miss your contribution if you leave so please don't...  
Reply: 21 - 25
aldi_01
September 25, 2011, 10:42pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Whilst I'm not an advocate of booing etc, the negativity towards makofo is, in all honesty, warranted. I, along with the majority of fans around where inset see that he isn't good enough and he was flipping awful yesterday. People were relieved when he was eventually taken off, and to be fair i don't think the booing was for him as such but more towards the management team who seemed to take all game, again, to notice a player having a flipping stinker.

The negative attitude is entrenched in the town following after the last few years shite and it does need to go but can you see it going with performances being like they are? When the managers and te start performing may bête attitude will change???

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 25
80sglory
September 25, 2011, 11:06pm
Guest User
Exactly, if you're winning (or to a lesser extent performing) everyone's happy.
Seems it's only Fenty that can't get his head round it.

I do have some sympathy with managers cos we can't expect them to never make any mistakes, but do agree they were slow to make the subs.
Reply: 23 - 25
Jimmy_Hills_Chin
September 25, 2011, 11:23pm

Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Quoted from tashee69

[img]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-_eE-tEpeZdE/Tc2d-awlgzI/AAAAAAAAAUo/490da0ay5fk/s1600/pram.jpg[/img]

intercourse off ya chinny illegitimate
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 25
Monkeytennis
September 26, 2011, 11:57am

Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
To be fair it's not just the upper findus you get it a lot in the main stand. One guy in particular was on great form on Tuesday shouting "rubbish" everytime we didn't play like the Spanish national team. He was shouting "rubbish" as the ball was crossed for Coulson's winner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 25
3 Pages 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › If you're in the Upper Findus, shut your gob!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.