Googlebot and 281 Guests

Yet another JF/MP thread

This thread currently has 3,724 views. Print
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
sweetGTFC
September 24, 2011, 11:05pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Sorry about this but here's my view.  Total disaster JF SHOULD have taken the club into administration when we were still a going concern 7/8 years ago. My view is that he didn't for two reasons- 1 he loses mo st of the money he's put in, 2 the key point, at he loses control.  Dear old John thinks he knows everything about football and for some bizarre reason thinks that at some point he'll get it right.  However, just in case he doesn't he ties his loans to the clubs only asset. 2. Enter MP, JF wants him to share the future loans while retaining control, however MP can't secure his loans because good old JF has already tied up the only saleable asset.  MP realises JF'S game but even after resigning from the board he still whacks in another 500k, not as a loan but as a way of stopping JF'S runaway train.  JF Promptly spunks the 500k share windfall on yet another mis-guided appointment. However, JF by now has already decided he's not putting any more in which is why he allowed MP to hold enough shares to shift the balance of power.  So stalemate or so it seems.  Here's what I expect to happen, Neither put any more money in, MP doesn't care, he's happy to lose a million to get rid of JF.  Club enters admin, the ground is part of the assets.  Only one group led by MP is interested, they offer  10p in the pound.  JF walks away with 250k, MP owns GTFC including ground for £1.25M.  Let's see if I'm right.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
paddymariners
September 24, 2011, 11:27pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +3 / -3
Quoted from sweetGTFC
Sorry about this but here's my view.  Total disaster JF SHOULD have taken the club into administration when we were still a going concern 7/8 years ago. My view is that he didn't for two reasons- 1 he loses mo st of the money he's put in, 2 the key point, at he loses control.  Dear old John thinks he knows everything about football and for some bizarre reason thinks that at some point he'll get it right.  However, just in case he doesn't he ties his loans to the clubs only asset. 2. Enter MP, JF wants him to share the future loans while retaining control, however MP can't secure his loans because good old JF has already tied up the only saleable asset.  MP realises JF'S game but even after resigning from the board he still whacks in another 500k, not as a loan but as a way of stopping JF'S runaway train.  JF Promptly spunks the 500k share windfall on yet another mis-guided appointment. However, JF by now has already decided he's not putting any more in which is why he allowed MP to hold enough shares to shift the balance of power.  So stalemate or so it seems.  Here's what I expect to happen, Neither put any more money in, MP doesn't care, he's happy to lose a million to get rid of JF.  Club enters admin, the ground is part of the assets.  Only one group led by MP is interested, they offer  10p in the pound.  JF walks away with 250k, MP owns GTFC including ground for £1.25M.  Let's see if I'm right.  

Yes. I think that's where it's heading too and posted something similar on another thread before I read this one.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 20
tashee69
September 25, 2011, 1:25am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +28 / -4
Approval: +970
Gold Stars: 23
See one of the other, many, boring posts about schoolkids fighting over who owns the football club and it explains why the club couldnt have gone into admin but would have been wound up in the courts.
I must say all these silly games that are going on is really getting on my nerves and I finally feel like saying, after 34 years of supporting them, enough is enough. I have had to put up with crap on the pitch for years now, much more of this ownership crap and its the straw that breaks the camels back

Baldrick ! The only impression you can do is that of a man with no talent !!
GTFC team 09/10 - Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick.
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 20
80sglory
September 25, 2011, 5:05am
Guest User
"JF Promptly spunks the 500k share windfall" - look at the playing budget, sounds believable !  

On your subject of Parker "can't secure his loans" (which tbh I find a bit difficult to imagine though tbf they did both agree in principle of loans of up to £350K each), something has only just occured to me.

Parker said he put in shares because it generally improved the "balance sheet".
Presuming he's telling the truth, does this suggest that he really DOES have a genuine long term interest in GTFC ?  

I did my own calcs (with challenged and suported figures) where MP acquires 75% shareholding and estimated he could buy GTFC for £1.5 million - no idea if that's possible or not.

Don't like the sound of admin but how sure are you Parker would step in and be able to do all that ?
Sorry if this is a silly question but could Fenty also bid for the club if it went into admin ?
Reply: 3 - 20
sweetGTFC
September 25, 2011, 9:09am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
No idea if MP will step in, but why else would he put in another 500k?  I can't think of any other logical reason.  Not sure if JF could also step in, no reason why not I suppose if he's no longer on the board.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 20
80sglory
September 26, 2011, 4:58am
Guest User
Quoted from sweetGTFC
No idea if MP will step in, but why else would he put in another 500k?

Good question.
Was it maybe already agreed with Fenty before he stepped down off the board ? Can't remember...
Reply: 5 - 20
GrimRob
September 26, 2011, 7:14am

Posts Per Day: 2.11
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,452
Gold Stars: 115
If only the silly gits would work together they could achieve much more with both their wealth combined.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 6 - 20
dapperz fun pub
September 26, 2011, 7:35am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,049
Gold Stars: 84
Quoted from GrimRob
If only the silly gits would work together they could achieve much more with both their wealth combined.

a massive ego in the way
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 20
NorthLeedsMariner
September 26, 2011, 9:46am
Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +11
What happens if you go into admin in the BSP? 10 points deduction? If so, we could get relegated!

<*))))))><
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 20
porkies
September 26, 2011, 10:05am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +2 / -1
Quoted from NorthLeedsMariner
What happens if you go into admin in the BSP? 10 points deduction? If so, we could get relegated!

Look at the league table ... that's a realistic possibility anyway!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 20
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Yet another JF/MP thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.