Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › If all else fails will still have...
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 128 Guests

If all else fails will still have...

This thread currently has 2,492 views. Print
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
RonMariner
September 26, 2011, 5:10pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,818
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from barralad

What he said: Many football fans go a lifetime without seeing some of the highlights I've seen over the past 40+ years.

The teams of 71/72. 79/80, 82/83 and of course 97/98. Two Wembley wins and uncountable great nights and Saturdays at Blundell Park and elsewhere.

ALDI is spot on GTFC or no-one.....

You are right. We have had some unforgettable days, so we should count our blessings.

I just hope we get a few more........
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 21
jock dock tower
September 26, 2011, 5:20pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
Sometimes fate takes it out of your hands who you can physically support, and moving to Scotland 20 years ago did it for me. Mariners are still my team, and like Barra Lad remember only too well 71-2, late 70's / early 80's etc - fantastic times. Since moving north though I've followed Auchinleck Talbot over land and sea. I've seen them win the national cup competition 4 times in those 20 years; I've seen even more league championships, and many other regional cups.
Yes, it's non league (who isn't nowadays?) and it ain't GTFC, but I get every bit as much joy and satisfaction from a Talbot win nowadays as I do Grimsby. It's also run by a fully accountable committee - not the plaything of some egotistical rich fool. It costs me a fiver to watch the game each week, and this week we played, for only the second time, in the Scottish Cup and beat Lossiemouth at their ground with a huge travelling support of nearly 350 on the day (that for a nearly 500 mile round trip) I was invited, for the very first time, to travel with the committee guys on the team coach and go up on the Friday night. Another 50 odd fans did the same and two coaches headed north on Friday afternoon. The cost of the trip helped to subsidise the team's transport (would Town fans do that?) by a fair bit. It's football at it's best....

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 21
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › If all else fails will still have...

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.