This thread currently has 524 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
jock dock tower
September 23, 2011, 9:07am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
Courtesy of winning the Scottish Junior Cup last season, my team Auchinleck Talbot are playing in the Scottish Cup this year and tomorrow we play away at Lossiemouth, who play in the Highland League. It's a 500 mile round trip, which is an occupational hazard for knock out cups in Scotland, but there's a coach load of us going up this afternoon and having a night out in Elgin, then on to Lossiemouth (about 12 miles away) tomorrow for opening time. These days out are bad for the liver, in fact they're very bad for some of the fans, but are great days out. We're certainly not firing on all cylinders yet this season, and though the bookies have us at 1/5 favourites I think they're very misguided. Season's needing a kick start - just like Town's - and tomorrow will hopefully be the catalyst for it.
We're expecting 200 plus fans to make the trip, not bad for a team with an average home gate of about 450.

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
RoboCod
September 23, 2011, 9:13am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.90
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from jock dock tower
Courtesy of winning the Scottish Junior Cup last season, my team Auchinleck Talbot are playing in the Scottish Cup this year and tomorrow we play away at Lossiemouth, who play in the Highland League. It's a 500 mile round trip, which is an occupational hazard for knock out cups in Scotland, but there's a coach load of us going up this afternoon and having a night out in Elgin, then on to Lossiemouth (about 12 miles away) tomorrow for opening time. These days out are bad for the liver, in fact they're very bad for some of the fans, but are great days out. We're certainly not firing on all cylinders yet this season, and though the bookies have us at 1/5 favourites I think they're very misguided. Season's needing a kick start - just like Town's - and tomorrow will hopefully be the catalyst for it.
We're expecting 200 plus fans to make the trip, not bad for a team with an average home gate of about 450.

That's a decent turnout. A lot better than half the clubs in the BSP  
Good luck with that, sounds a great day out. Even if you don't win  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 5
LeeNogan
September 23, 2011, 9:48pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +2 / 0
A night out in Elgin, any decent ales to be had?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 5
kingofthekippers
September 23, 2011, 10:12pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +39 / -4
Approval: +6
Quoted from jock dock tower

That is what football is all about. Paying £50 to watch someone being paid £250,000 a week to kick a bag of air in a £50m stadium?

Nah, give me Lossiemouth any day of the week.

Mr McGee, don't make me angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 5
LH
September 23, 2011, 10:12pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,599
Gold Stars: 177
Joannas it is then? One of the heaviest weeks of my life up there last November.
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 5
kingofthekippers
September 24, 2011, 6:45pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +39 / -4
Approval: +6
A good win for the Talbot JDT.

Mr McGee, don't make me angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 5
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Scottish Cup jaunt this weekend

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.