Private Message
ginnywings
September 23, 2011, 7:20am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
And we get either new manager syndrome or a team in disarray.

Don't managers usually leave teams just after they have played against us?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 11
RoboCod
September 23, 2011, 7:34am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.90
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Almost confirmed; [url]http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/d/doncaster/9596378.stm[/url]

What a strange move. All that effort to get them into a promotion hunting team and he's off. I don't suppose the off field antics are helping much but I'd be bitterly disappointed if I were a Wrexham fan.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 11
ROKERITE
September 23, 2011, 8:18am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: +425
Gold Stars: 5
I'm sorry to see SO'D go, he's been a very good manager at Donny and widely praised for the football his teams play. He's been so unlucky with injuries but unfortunately this year's results have been dreadful and Mr Ryan has decided he must act now.
I am shocked at his choice of Saunders. He's done nothing to convince me he's anything special. I'd have been more inclined to gamble on H&S, who've achieved more in management than the Wrexham man. Then again, I can remember how stunned I was when Mr Ryan replaced Penney with Sean Who from Bournemouth; what's he done in ten years? was the reaction. Mr Ryan was right then so maybe he's spotted something this time.
There's a very capable manager on the market now though, notwithstanding his "gardening leave".
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 11
psgmariner
September 23, 2011, 11:13am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
Andy Morrell will be in charge tomorrow.

http://www.wrexhamafc.co.uk/page/New...460193,00.html

Good time to be playing them in my view.

Private Message
Reply: 4 - 11
we will return
September 23, 2011, 11:18am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +19 / -1
Approval: +35
Hopefully they do what Newport did last year after they lost their manager.

UTM!
The Icenian Prediction League Winner 2013!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 11
BiloLCFC
September 23, 2011, 11:28am

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Confirmed by Doncaster now as well.

http://www.doncasterroversfc.co.uk/page/News/0,,10329~2459949,00.html

Really odd decision in my books, this long run of poor results Donny allude to hasn't been helped by their injury record. Also, if we're honest, a club of Doncaster's size and limited spending power is punching above its weight in that division and SO'D had done a great job there with a superb eye for a player. Two players who cost Doncaster next to nothing, namely Matt Mills and Richie Wellens, grew massively there and have cost Leicester a combined total of £6m plus. He has a very good eye for a player and has a good footballing philosophy, so I'm sure he won't be out of work for too long.

Really not sure about Saunders for them, Nigel Clough will tell you that it takes a while to grow accustomed to the leap from BSP to Championship as a manager and that's time Doncaster don't really have in their position. Perhaps they're preparing already for a promotion push from League One next season because they look ill-equipped this season with Billy Sharp out long term.

[img]http://m0.ttxm.co.uk/images/feeds/pa/news/2011/05/18/460x259/N0537981305713203727A.jpg[/img]
When You're Smiling...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 11
psgmariner
September 23, 2011, 11:41am

Barley Wine Drinker
Bad day for them:

http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/78891-wst-statement-shortly-source-nonleagueshow.html

Seems the much delayed Supporters Trust takeover is in the shite an all.

Private Message
Reply: 7 - 11
psgmariner
September 23, 2011, 12:26pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Directors Statment

AFTER over four months of negotiations and missed deadlines by the WST Board, the current owners, as willing sellers yesterday received a draft copy of a revised Sale Purchase Agreement, within which appears that some of the pre agreed points have changed, with some changes appearing to be totally unreasonable and unacceptable.

We have tried to arrange a face-to-face meeting over the last 10 days, however for whatever reason the WST Board have been unable to meet this request, therefore there will obviously be a further delay in the takeover and we are certain that these delays have influenced Dean Saunders in his decision to leave his role of manager of the football, as his position had become an unmanageable one.

Over the last two months, all of the information requested by the WST Board has been provided, some of which within hours of being requested.

After the injection of the promised half a million pounds from the current owners, the club is in a much healthier financial position. The PAYE is up to date. The difference between creditors and debtors is only £10k. However, the cash flow of the business is still poor, which is why the continued delays will cause an even greater financial strain on the business.

It goes without saying that is this bid had been anything other than a fan-based takeover it would have been dismissed as unacceptable some time ago.

It is the intention of the current directors to request a non-refundable deposit by 5pm on Monday, 26 September, 2011, to allow negotiations to continue however, should this not be realised then there will be no alternative but to open further discussions with other interested parties.

We hope that the fans will appreciate the need for this and understand the desire to get the deal completed for the long term future of the football club.

Ends

Private Message
Reply: 8 - 11
Marinerz93
September 23, 2011, 3:42pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Jeepers another reason why we need to get out of this league.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 11
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Dean Saunders gone to Donny Rovers

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.