moosey_club
September 22, 2011, 9:52pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,298
Gold Stars: 226
Mr Fenty and Mr Parker and any other influential members of the board,

Can you please carry out your business in a private meeting/ conference call or through your solicitors rather than through the various media types as you currently are?
You both have professed to being true fans of the club so can you not see that the current round of t1t for tat revelations and setting the facts right is not only damaging any credibility either of you may have had ,it is also damaging the club.
The atmosphere at the game on Tuesday was non existent and the mood amongst fans was one of sombreness and trepidation.After several more days of totally pointless posturising and perceived point scoring the fans are growing tired of the situation and after several years of decline we find ourselves in arguably our lowest ebb, to date, with the veiled threats of the two benefactors pulling the plug at the end of the season to look forward to.

Is the demise of Grimsby Town Football Club going to be your legacy?

You are both succesful businessman in your own right which would suggest you have behaved professionally at sometime in your life so could you and the board set out to resolve this issue for the greater good.

While i and many others appreciate your generous financial and personal resource support for the club i, we, would appreciate it if you could please resolve your issues and move forward or if that is truly not possible then please keep your personal affairs private and in the correct arena as the current methods are eroding the already fragile hopes of the supporters.  

Thank you.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
KK_DOG
September 22, 2011, 9:56pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +472
Mr Parker has only responded the once on radio Humberside. I doubt if he will respond to Fenty's last lot of ramblings and expect him to remain silent.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 6
80sglory
September 22, 2011, 10:12pm
Guest User
Ah but you see, could gaining "public support" in the form of minority shareholders be ultimately vital come the AGM ?

Possible - see "New chairman" thread...
Reply: 2 - 6
sweetGTFC
September 22, 2011, 10:19pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Quoted from moosey_club
Mr Fenty and Mr Parker and any other influential members of the board,

Can you please carry out your business in a private meeting/ conference call or through your solicitors rather than through the various media types as you currently are?
You both have professed to being true fans of the club so can you not see that the current round of t1t for tat revelations and setting the facts right is not only damaging any credibility either of you may have had ,it is also damaging the club.
The atmosphere at the game on Tuesday was non existent and the mood amongst fans was one of sombreness and trepidation.After several more days of totally pointless posturising and perceived point scoring the fans are growing tired of the situation and after several years of decline we find ourselves in arguably our lowest ebb, to date, with the veiled threats of the two benefactors pulling the plug at the end of the season to look forward to.

Is the demise of Grimsby Town Football Club going to be your legacy?

You are both succesful businessman in your own right which would suggest you have behaved professionally at sometime in your life so could you and the board set out to resolve this issue for the greater good.

While i and many others appreciate your generous financial and personal resource support for the club i, we, would appreciate it if you could please resolve your issues and move forward or if that is truly not possible then please keep your personal affairs private and in the correct arena as the current methods are eroding the already fragile hopes of the supporters.  

Thank you.

Love that post.  The demise of Grimsby Town Football Club will not be the legacy of either Mr Fenty or Mr Parker, all will pan out and common sense will prevail.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 6
roundballovalhole
September 22, 2011, 10:28pm
Guest User
Quoted from 1600
Ah but you see, could gaining "public support" in the form of minority shareholders be ultimately vital come the AGM ?

Possible - see "New chairman" thread...

All because you say it is possible. . . doesnt mean to say that its possible. .   last week you were planning a fans' takeover. .  and reinventing democracy. . . fishy style :-s . . . this week you think its your big chance!80s. . know your limits!
Reply: 4 - 6
Tommy
September 22, 2011, 10:39pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,866
Gold Stars: 76
I agree Moosey.

No more statements.

Just sort it out behind closed doors.

Then come out and announce the structure of our boardroom to take us forward when it is all finalised.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 6
80sglory
September 22, 2011, 10:45pm
Guest User
Quoted from 1054

All because you say it is possible. . . doesnt mean to say that its possible. .   last week you were planning a fans' takeover. .  and reinventing democracy. . . fishy style :-s . . . this week you think its your big chance!80s. . know your limits!

Fans takeover  

I said fans should save their pennies long term for the future in case of future emergency WHILST SUPPORTING THE CLUB and tbh, it's times like these we might have wished we should have done many years ago !

And no, not because I SAY IT - the maths and underlying facts there's an AGM coming up prove it's a possibility. (never said how much of one and anything is possible)

But if you've got a counter-argument try stating it !

What's next ?
We won't go bust because it's ME that says we might ?
Reply: 6 - 6
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › A plea

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.