Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Am i missing something!
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot, Olu and 156 Guests

Am i missing something!

This thread currently has 428 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Guttedgate
September 21, 2011, 3:22pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +5 / 0
On Monday when announcing that he was to step down a chair of the mariners John Fenty said that it was down to him not been the majority shareholder and that due to this he couldnt work in those conditions!
So having just read the transcript from his interview i wonder why he now says that although the shareholding is an issue the bigger problem is that MP is all but impossible to work with and assumes just about everything from Fentys bankrolling to him been prepared to run the club with MP as major shareholder. What i dont understand is the following.
In March when MP left the board he was a 54% share holder of the PLC, this means that Fenty has worked in these so called impossible conditions for 6 months or more and further more Fenty appears surprised the take over commision are involved! As chair of a PLC you would of thought he would have read the terms and conditions!
I may also add to this that MP talks about an agreed 500k for this season and that Fenty has only input 150k to this point, he appears to be saying that he will only put that in if it is required therefore it is he that is breaking the agreement not MP!
May i remind both John Fenty and Mike Parker this is not school, you are squabbling over a once proud and great club which has many still very proud fans. Please Please dont take this boardroom mess to the stage that the club is in a hole it cannot get out of!

Many clubs run with a non exec chairman and a remote owner why carnt Grimsby do it?
Logged Offline
Private Message
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Am i missing something!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.