This thread currently has 617 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Devonmatt
September 21, 2011, 3:05pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +19 / -3
Approval: +18
Do we think that the recent going on surrounding the football club will help to produce a siege mentality among the fans and players perhaps bringing various factions, pro Fenty, pro Parker, together for the first time in decade united in a common purpose to drive the team on and perhaps ensure the safety of GTFC?

UTM  
Logged Offline
Private Message
forza ivano
September 21, 2011, 3:06pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,282
Gold Stars: 266
NO!! LOL

We just continue with the gy way of crisis after dsiaster, followed by debacle and despair!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 7
voice of reason
September 21, 2011, 3:07pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +46 / -17
Approval: -1
Have a guess matt... Take a look at the threads and see if everyone is talking in one harmonious sync....

"I am surprised that Bright pratt like you fails to get a grasp of the queens English been as your allways pulling up anyone who fails to follow your thoughts and if they don't give you verbal pats on the back get real and grow up this is a free speech site.UTMM".(Cleefish, 2012)       
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 7
September 21, 2011, 3:09pm
Guest User
I think you have been influenced by JF's statement.

To me, a siege mentality is 'us against the world' but who are 'we'? The fans? Certainly, but the whole club has to be in on it - and we are divided, from the very top.
Reply: 3 - 7
Devonmatt
September 21, 2011, 3:14pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +19 / -3
Approval: +18
Quoted from 75
I think you have been influenced by JF's statement.

To me, a siege mentality is 'us against the world' but who are 'we'? The fans? Certainly, but the whole club has to be in on it - and we are divided, from the very top.

In that case my friend, you think wrong.  I am choosing not to read or listen to any of the spin the two power moguls are peddling at the moment. I'm also choosing not to read anything from anyone analysing said spin.  My life is far simpler as a result but it does strike me that the ingredients are in place for the first time in a age for the fans to get behind the team.  Maybe that just makes me naive.  I'll go and remove those rose tinted specs...........

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 7
RoboCod
September 21, 2011, 3:30pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.90
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
From what I've read in the last few hours, Town fans at last nights game are split on whether Kempson was good or garbage. Not much chance of pulling together over this acrimonious and, frankly bewildering war of words between the two puppet masters.
Just another day on the Fishy  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 7
September 21, 2011, 3:43pm
Guest User
Quoted from Devonmatt

In that case my friend, you think wrong.  I am choosing not to read or listen to any of the spin the two power moguls are peddling at the moment. I'm also choosing not to read anything from anyone analysing said spin.  My life is far simpler as a result but it does strike me that the ingredients are in place for the first time in a age for the fans to get behind the team.  Maybe that just makes me naive.  I'll go and remove those rose tinted specs...........

UTM

Fair enough. His statement talks of a siege mentality.
Reply: 6 - 7
headingly_mariner
September 21, 2011, 6:10pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,394
Gold Stars: 120
siege mentality, its our flipping fault
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 7
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Siege mentality

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.