Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Getting what you wished for - and - De je vue
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 140 Guests

Getting what you wished for - and - De je vue

This thread currently has 1,519 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
malkamalka
September 21, 2011, 9:58am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +150
Gold Stars: 17
First thing, now the "Get Fenty Out" brigade have got what they wanted, what do they plan to do now? It's quite acceptable for you all to come on here and explain how your plans can now proceed!

On the other hand, haven't we been in this situation before - we should be getting used to it by now?  What is happening now is just what happened when JF got rid of Dudley Ramsden in a similar swift move.  So John, what goes around, comes around I suppose.

We are not new to Boardroom antics at GTFC are we - Carr wrested the power from Furneaux who was stuck in a NZ hospital bed; Huxford & Ramsden saw off the Carr board in a determined (but failed) bid to make Town great. Even before Ramsden left and Fenty took over, there were rumours of coupe's and ransom style boardroom politics. So this latest offering, two supposedly learned and powerful businessmen, showing of their dirty knickers in the local media, is hardly unexpected. In fact, I would venture to say, that the future of GTFC not withstanding, neither of them are showing particular reason why we should welcome them to lead us out of the mess that one, and latterly both, have managed to lead us into.

My own theory (and it's only a theory), is that one of Mike Parker's original demands was that he wanted his own person as Chairman, but this was not acceptable to John Fenty. So, to bolster investment and at least eqaulise his risk, MP then came up with the 500k investment plan by both, but which JF appears to have his own ideas on how this funding should be invested. Then, he has resigned as chairman of GTFC, spoken to the Takeover's Investigators, and basically said he will walk away, thus forcing Mike Parker into having to say something, which according to his interview, he has just about managed to do without answering any questions.

There is something a bit fishy (sorry Rob) about the timing and the reasoning of this latest bombshell and it's possible relationship to the upcoming action by Boston United. I can't help but think that we, the BIG GTFC, have bitten off more than we can chew with our southern neighbours, but this is mere speculation on my part. The next month is certainly going to be an interesting one.

"Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens." (Jimi Hendrix)
Logged Offline
Private Message
lew chaterleys lover
September 21, 2011, 10:15am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,758
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from malkamalka
First thing, now the "Get Fenty Out" brigade have got what they wanted, what do they plan to do now? It's quite acceptable for you all to come on here and explain how your plans can now proceed!

On the other hand, haven't we been in this situation before - we should be getting used to it by now?  What is happening now is just what happened when JF got rid of Dudley Ramsden in a similar swift move.  So John, what goes around, comes around I suppose.

We are not new to Boardroom antics at GTFC are we - Carr wrested the power from Furneaux who was stuck in a NZ hospital bed; Huxford & Ramsden saw off the Carr board in a determined (but failed) bid to make Town great. Even before Ramsden left and Fenty took over, there were rumours of coupe's and ransom style boardroom politics. So this latest offering, two supposedly learned and powerful businessmen, showing of their dirty knickers in the local media, is hardly unexpected. In fact, I would venture to say, that the future of GTFC not withstanding, neither of them are showing particular reason why we should welcome them to lead us out of the mess that one, and latterly both, have managed to lead us into.

My own theory (and it's only a theory), is that one of Mike Parker's original demands was that he wanted his own person as Chairman, but this was not acceptable to John Fenty. So, to bolster investment and at least eqaulise his risk, MP then came up with the 500k investment plan by both, but which JF appears to have his own ideas on how this funding should be invested. Then, he has resigned as chairman of GTFC, spoken to the Takeover's Investigators, and basically said he will walk away, thus forcing Mike Parker into having to say something, which according to his interview, he has just about managed to do without answering any questions.

There is something a bit fishy (sorry Rob) about the timing and the reasoning of this latest bombshell and it's possible relationship to the upcoming action by Boston United. I can't help but think that we, the BIG GTFC, have bitten off more than we can chew with our southern neighbours, but this is mere speculation on my part. The next month is certainly going to be an interesting one.

I suppose the alternative to wanting him out would have been to let him be the chairman for ever and ever,and let the club slide lower and lower.

Mike Parker is very astute,I am sure something will happen in due course.
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 13
Perkins
September 21, 2011, 10:17am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +15 / -8
Approval: +1,986
Gold Stars: 7

Mike Parker is very astute,I am sure something will happen in due course.

I,m sure he is, and i'm sure it will, but probably not want we want or expect.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 13
Super Clive
September 21, 2011, 10:18am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +55 / -24
Approval: +1
here we go again All i need to do was read the first line.

The fans are to blame yes, of course we are, we made fenty chuck his toys out and resign ?

We made fenty destroy this club yes? yes we did

We made fenty and the board appoint a man who didn't win in 20 and that was the reason we went down yes? yes

We made Fenty make the clubs PR a flipping joke yes? Yes

We made Fenty release Knee jerk statements AFTER statements yes? Yes

ADD THE REST OF THE JOKE DECISIONS THAT THE CLUB AND MR FENTY HAS DONE IN THE LAST 8 YEARS HERE AT YOUR OWN WILL AND BLAME IT ON THE FANS
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 13
lew chaterleys lover
September 21, 2011, 10:26am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,758
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from Perkins

I,m sure he is, and i'm sure it will, but probably not want we want or expect.

Well we are were we are - run into the ground by an incompetent chairman and we are no longer an attractive proposition.

A new board and a new chairman will come out of this and then we can start thinking of the future - whatever it holds.

Surely say 4 astute business people can run the club a lot better than one man with a load of cash but little else?

I am not really a gambling man but I would rather gamble on a Fenty-less future because from what Ive seen / heard he just doesnt have the ability to run it properly.    
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 13
Perkins
September 21, 2011, 10:35am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +15 / -8
Approval: +1,986
Gold Stars: 7

Well we are were we are - run into the ground by an incompetent chairman and we are no longer an attractive proposition.

A new board and a new chairman will come out of this and then we can start thinking of the future - whatever it holds.

Surely say 4 astute business people can run the club a lot better than one man with a load of cash but little else?

I am not really a gambling man but I would rather gamble on a Fenty-less future because from what Ive seen / heard he just doesnt have the ability to run it properly.    

Wasn't a criticism of your post Lew, just commenting that we know what we have got (or havn't) under Fenty, but at the mo Parker is an unknown quantity, and as last nights interview showed he is non commital regarding his future involvement with the club.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 13
malkamalka
September 21, 2011, 4:59pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +150
Gold Stars: 17
Quoted from Super Clive

The fans are to blame yes, of course we are, we made fenty chuck his toys out and resign ?

We made fenty and the board appoint a man who didn't win in 20 and that was the reason we went down yes? yes

ADD THE REST OF THE JOKE DECISIONS THAT THE CLUB AND MR FENTY HAS DONE IN THE LAST 8 YEARS HERE AT YOUR OWN WILL AND BLAME IT ON THE FANS

Well, if you bothered to read beyond the first line, you will see that your response above is nothing to do with what was written.

All I asked was for the "Fenty Out" brigade to come forward with their big plan so we can debate it. I didn't ask for the unstable rantings of someone who doesn't have the answer!

The point is though, that fans, or groups of so called fans, get all bigged up by demanding that something happens, and when it does, they can't put forward an alternative.

I have been saying for five years that Russel Slade was forced out of Grimsby by so called fans - not by the Board. John Fenty has now, more or less, confirmed that.

The major point, however, is that GTFC boardroom is, and has been or some time, the Helmland of NE Lincolnshire!

"Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens." (Jimi Hendrix)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 13
voice of reason
September 21, 2011, 5:08pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +46 / -17
Approval: -1
Quoted from malkamalka

Well, if you bothered to read beyond the first line, you will see that your response above is nothing to do with what was written.

All I asked was for the "Fenty Out" brigade to come forward with their big plan so we can debate it. I didn't ask for the unstable rantings of someone who doesn't have the answer!

The point is though, that fans, or groups of so called fans, get all bigged up by demanding that something happens, and when it does, they can't put forward an alternative.

I have been saying for five years that Russel Slade was forced out of Grimsby by so called fans - not by the Board. John Fenty has now, more or less, confirmed that.

The major point, however, is that GTFC boardroom is, and has been or some time, the Helmland of NE Lincolnshire!

To be honest regardless of whether you are in the 'Fenty out' or 'Fenty in' camp it all rests on hope... 'Fenty out' hope someone else will come in and take over - possible but not certain... 'Fenty in' camp hope he suddenly stops being shite at his job... Well he hasn't stopped being shite in seven years so its - possible but not likely...

"I am surprised that Bright pratt like you fails to get a grasp of the queens English been as your allways pulling up anyone who fails to follow your thoughts and if they don't give you verbal pats on the back get real and grow up this is a free speech site.UTMM".(Cleefish, 2012)       
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 13
Keelbysaint
September 21, 2011, 5:20pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +3 / -1
Quoted from Super Clive

you do like to take a good bite dont you................

I dont think anyone knows how this is going to end, not even fenty or parker. Fenty is backed into a corner, so has done the same to parker. Neither of them now stand by their financial commitments, which is a great way of forcing the issue.

On thing is for sure, who ever comes in, the fans will only muck it up for them as well  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 13
KK_DOG
September 21, 2011, 5:22pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +472
To be honest I never wanted Fenty to go, but HAS he gone ? As far as I can see he is still a Director with the same Directors so nothing apart from the Chairman's position has changed. I think he is playing silly childish political point scoring games with us the fans and Mr Parker. Stop playing games with our club.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 13
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Getting what you wished for - and - De je vue

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.