Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › what the hell is MP's motivation?
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense, Googlebot and 139 Guests

what the hell is MP's motivation?

This thread currently has 2,103 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
forza ivano
September 21, 2011, 9:15am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,282
Gold Stars: 266
I would really love to know what MP's motivation in all this is - i just hope it's as simple as fenty's, and to be fair he does have the same background as fenty - local man and gtfc fan, made good

http://www.grimsby.vitalfootball.co.uk/sitepage.asp?a=201220

is this why he has put in 1.5million, yet doesn't want to be chair, is the majority shareholder but claims not to have had any influence over the club in the last 6 months, and why the hell would you shell out 1.5 million, yet walk away after 2 years, with absolutely no guarentee you're going to get any money back?
none of it makes sense, which is why i'm thinking that the interview last night was an exercise in positioning - a tactical move in response to yet another bizarre fenty decision.
if they are alike in many ways i'm beginning to think there is actually 1 fundamental difference. fenty is an impulsive shoot from the hip , emotional creature whose heart rules his head, and is not really ultra clever or cunning.i suspect parker is the very opposite ,a hard headed businessman with a good deal of intelligence and cunning, who knows exactly what he's doing and how he's going to achieve it. i just wish we knew what exactly it is that he wants...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Garth
September 21, 2011, 9:24am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 27
Thing is who is the most trustful an all out emotional fan who bleeds black and white, or as you describe a hard headed cunning businessman who may not always put the fate of the club first.

We shall see only time will tell
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 16
Chrisblor
September 21, 2011, 9:31am

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +53 / -18
Approval: +8,962
Gold Stars: 239
Is it naive to think he's just very well off and wanted to help out the football club he supports with it's financial difficulties?

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 16
cleeimp
September 21, 2011, 9:49am

Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +5 / 0
After reading to days g e t  I can not help think that Mike Parker is going to come up with a big surprise name for our new chairman and if Mr Fenty wants the job and chair  back  it will cost him dearly .
I recon that this is the new awakening  for our club what ever was said in the dressing room seemed to work wonders .UTMM

cleefish
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 16
Super Clive
September 21, 2011, 10:03am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +55 / -24
Approval: +1
Quoted from Chrisblor
Is it naive to think he's just very well off and wanted to help out the football club he supports with it's financial difficulties?

That was my thoughts from the interview yesterday, Before that I thought well why would you put all that money in and not want to be chair.

but he invested into shares as it looks better on the books but maybe he is expecting at least some of it back and just not plugging it straight into a black hole and lets be honest I wouldn't just waste that amount of cash even if i was rich as fck.
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 16
forza ivano
September 21, 2011, 10:07am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,282
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from Chrisblor

maybe. depends on how rich he is! there's another question that hasn't been resolved - how much is he worth? he supposedly shared a £1 billion buy out with2 others(£300+ million each?), yet he doesn't appear on the rich list, which goes down, on meza's reckoning, to about 60 million.
if he is worth say 300 million 1.5 million is 0.5% (that computes to us giving the club £500 over 2 years if we were worth £100k). put like that then maybe he is doing it for benevolent reasons.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 16
dapperz fun pub
September 21, 2011, 10:11am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,049
Gold Stars: 84
PARKERS  motivation is he loves the club,just doesnt like dealing with idiots
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 16
Chris
September 21, 2011, 10:14am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +19 / -3
Approval: +1
Quoted from Chrisblor

Whereas for the past 7 years its been open day of abusing Fenty and accusing him of doing just the opposite?????? Why is it one rule for Fenty and another for Parker??? If Parker is the flipping Messiah, let him prove it or move the hell on.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 16
grimsby pete
September 21, 2011, 10:48am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.79
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,834
Gold Stars: 222
Mike Parker has a plan,

He will not tell us or Fenty what that plan is,

BUT

All will be revealed soon and good times will return to the park,

Thats just my view, I have no inside knowledge.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 16
VictorMeldrewsDad
September 21, 2011, 10:59am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Quoted from dapperz fun pub
PARKERS  motivation is he loves the club,just doesnt like dealing with idiots

I think you have hit the nail on the head.

This seems to me like a grown up arguing with a child. Fenty wants some recognision for what he has done and Parker is refusing to pat him on the back and say 'Well Done'. I have no doubt that IF Parker gets involved more GTFC will be a better run club than it is now. Fenty is used to yes men i think, which Mr Parker definately is not. Hopefully, this will be the end of the GTFC old pals gentlemans club which it has become and we can have serious businessmen involved.

Either that or we are up crap creak.

I will never forget where I was the day Kennedy was stabbed.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 16
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › what the hell is MP's motivation?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.