Parker not the knight in shining armour then

This thread currently has 2,772 views. Print
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Rich Boy
September 21, 2011, 12:06am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +1 / -22
It seems that Parker isn’t going to be everyone’s saviour after all then. So he’s had his play with his little toy and now he’s thrown it away and left us in the excrement for next season. A lot of people knock Fenty on here but at least he will never leave the club to rot like Parker is doing. Wait and see who puts the necessary money into the club to keep it going. Again BTW.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Vance Warner
September 21, 2011, 7:26am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,830
Gold Stars: 106
Quoted from Rich Boy
A lot of people knock Fenty on here but at least he will never leave the club to rot like Parker is doing.

After 8 years of Fenty it seems pretty rotten to me. My initial reaction is that they are both putting their own ego's ahead of the club at the moment. How else would you explain the lack of communication between the two?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 24
wigworld
September 21, 2011, 7:49am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +32 / -3
Approval: +2,080
Gold Stars: 29
He's put £1m+ into the club in the last year. Not sure why you're knocking the guy.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 2 - 24
Red mariner
September 21, 2011, 8:16am

Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Quoted from wigworld
He's put £1m+ into the club in the last year. Not sure why you're knocking the guy.

hasn't he bought shares with the money hes put it ??  Not really putting his money in more of a loan I would say  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 24
Rich Boy
September 21, 2011, 9:34am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +1 / -22
Exactly. Cherio next season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 24
Quagmire
September 21, 2011, 9:40am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +19 / 0
Approval: +932
Gold Stars: 43
You two are complete muppets!

How can a share purchase be deemed to be 'more like a loan'??

The only way Parker can get his investment back is if somebody buys the shares off him.  If nobody does that then he doesn't get any money back.

Unlike someone who puts money into the club in the form of an actual loan who can ask for that money to be returned - like 'Saviour John' for example.  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 24
Super Clive
September 21, 2011, 9:52am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +55 / -24
Approval: +1
Quoted from Rich Boy
It seems that Parker isn’t going to be everyone’s saviour after all then. So he’s had his play with his little toy and now he’s thrown it away and left us in the excrement for next season. A lot of people knock Fenty on here but at least he will never leave the club to rot like Parker is doing. Wait and see who puts the necessary money into the club to keep it going. Again BTW.  

So what the intercourse did fenty do on monday then, threw his flipping toys out and put GTFC in danger. I flipping hate him and the club at this moment in time, I don't know were we go from here, If we go back grovelling to fenty  we'll be in the unibond within 5 years if we don't we take the risk that someone is willing to invest its a big risk and GTFC  could be no more, I don't know maybe if the worse did happen starting up again maybe not a bad thing
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 24
Red mariner
September 21, 2011, 10:51am

Shandy Drinker
Quoted from Quagmire
You two are complete muppets!

How can a share purchase be deemed to be 'more like a loan'??

The only way Parker can get his investment back is if somebody buys the shares off him.  If nobody does that then he doesn't get any money back.

Unlike someone who puts money into the club in the form of an actual loan who can ask for that money to be returned - like 'Saviour John' for example.  

so I am a complete muppet am I ?  I was pointing at the fact that putting money into the club and wanting shares is not giving the club money, you will want a return on your investment.  In simplistic terms is can be classed as a "loan" only shares can either increase or decrease in value or even be worth nothing (ala banking crisis that has screwed various companies in the past few years ).

I think the question that does need to asked is why would somebody who doesn't want to own the club buy more than half the shares if he does not want to invest or own it.  The club is different as it is a PLC but the wiki doesn't shed too much light on how been a PLC effects us but if you would like to read it here it is http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public_limited_company  and if somebody who knows a bit more could post on this

I am not commenting on how much John has invested or how he has invested his money but more of the worry that we have somebody who has 54% of shares in the club and he doesnt want to put any money into or run the club.  I hope that somebody has a plan to get us out of this mess and we can move forward which ever way.

UTM!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 24
petethemariner
September 21, 2011, 11:04am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +36 / -2
Approval: +1,011
Gold Stars: 16
Sorry, but as has been pointed out by others - to put 54% into shares IS putting money into the club
without strings attached, the money has been invested and cannot be taken away unless the shares are sold - to put your money into the club  in the form of a loan as JF apparently has done is  attaching strings, we only have his word that these loans will not be called in.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 24
Red mariner
September 21, 2011, 11:09am

Shandy Drinker
Quoted from petethemariner
Sorry, but as has been pointed out by others - to put 54% into shares IS putting money into the club
without strings attached, the money has been invested and cannot be taken away unless the shares are sold - to put your money into the club  in the form of a loan as JF apparently has done is  attaching strings, we only have his word that these loans will not be called in.

OK but I think the question that does need to asked is why would somebody who doesn't want to own the club buy more than half the shares if he does not want to invest or own it ??

Unless he has somebody "waiting in the wings" ....  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 24
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Parker not the knight in shining armour then

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.