Posts Per Day: 0.45
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +1,193
Gold Stars: 35
                 Mckeown

Wood  Kempson   Pearson   Green

Coulsen   Church   Disley    Artus

Elding      Hearn

Think this team will add a bit of extra bite in the centre of the park. Apparently Churchy played well when he came on against Stockport and to be honest I feel he's been unlucky to be on the bench anyway.  If we move Artus to the left we have a bit more balance and skill on the wing and save Makofo as an impact substitute, although bringing him on the right as he's too predictable on the left purely because he only uses his left foot to stand on and always cuts inside onto his right.  Think its probably time to give Elding another chance, he adds a bit more of a physical presence and workrate up top than Duffy whos generally been OK himself.  We need to win against Kettering and take confidence into Saturdays game against Wrexham.
Logged Offline
Private Message
bax
September 19, 2011, 1:20pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +25 / -3
Approval: +2,645
Gold Stars: 30
I think Eagle will play left wing, Artus will be on the bench. But other than that I think you're right.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 6
jonnyboy82
September 19, 2011, 1:27pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.27
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from bax
I think there will be 4 changes, Eagle will play left wing, Artus will be on the bench. But other than that I think you're right.

I agree,think there will be 4 changes,i`anson in for wood at right back, eagle will get his chance tomorrow night in place of makofo and artus dropped for church,elding will come in for duffy..

thats my bet.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 6
80sglory
September 19, 2011, 3:26pm
Guest User
I would choose this team

..........................McKeown
Wood.......Kempson.......Pearson......Ridley
..........Church........Disley........Artus
..........................Coulson
.................Duffy.............Hearn

I agree case for Elding to start and give Duffy a break but tbh Duffy has done nothing wrong so tough call.

I like Coulson in the hole but now wonder if "Hearn in the hole" might be another option.

Good post about Hearn on the OS here: (not from me !)

"nope would not drop him assists his asset is creating havoc to me looks like we get better end product than mokofo.
He either replaces makofo or we go with two up top and him in the hole so he gets space but would give him free licence to give oponents trouble if either on the wing or hole he will not be tied to set role.
That way he gets the ball facing the oponents rather than his back to them in space which completely enhances all his skills in his locker. I am sure he would score more create more if this was done think Coulson uptop is more suited than wide."
Reply: 3 - 6
jonnyboy82
September 19, 2011, 3:35pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.27
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from 1600
I would choose this team

..........................McKeown
Wood.......Kempson.......Pearson......Ridley
..........Church........Disley........Artus
..........................Coulson
.................Duffy.............Hearn

I agree case for Elding to start and give Duffy a break but tbh Duffy has done nothing wrong so tough call.

Good post about Hearn on the OS here: (not from me !)
I like Coulson in the hole but now wonder if "Hearn in the hole" might be another option.

"nope would not drop him assists his asset is creating havoc to me looks like we get better end product than mokofo.
He either replaces makofo or we go with two up top and him in the hole so he gets space but would give him free licence to give oponents trouble if either on the wing or hole he will not be tied to set role.
That way he gets the ball facing the oponents rather than his back to them in space which completely enhances all his skills in his locker. I am sure he would score more create more if this was done think Coulson uptop is more suited than wide."

make your mind up as you dont want to make the other jealous

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 6
80sglory
September 19, 2011, 3:44pm
Guest User
lol jealous of what ?  

I'd try Coulson in the hole and see how it goes.
If it doesn't look effective then just swap him with Hearn mid match.

We've got loads of players that might also be suited to this role - e.g. Duffy, Eagle, Makofo.
Will we ever try it ? I doubt it.
Reply: 5 - 6
GrimsbyOllie
September 19, 2011, 5:48pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +31 / -3
                 Mckeown

Wood  Kempson   Pearson   Green

Coulson   Church   Disley    Eagle

Duffy      Hearn
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 6
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Team for Tuesday

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.