1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
bax
September 19, 2011, 12:19pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +25 / -3
Approval: +2,645
Gold Stars: 30
After conceding two more goals from crosses from wide areas on Saturday, seems to me we have a problem defensively with coping with crosses. I couldn't find any stats to back that up, but could with corners - we're three times more likely to concede from a corner this season than we are to score from one. I thought this had been identified by the managers after the Braintree game but Saturday shows that isn't the case. Is it time for a change of centre back pairing now Garner is almost fit again?

I've gone into a bit more depth with stats etc here: http://toogoodtogodown.wordpre.....h-ends-of-the-pitch/
Logged Offline
Private Message
80sglory
September 19, 2011, 4:15pm
Guest User
Marking might be a problem not sure, but don't think we're not doing enough to close down and stop some crosses coming in.
What's the point in jogging over to a player to stand off him and let him deliver the ball ?
They should be busting a gut to get tight like their lives depended on it !
Reply: 1 - 1
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Conceding goals from corners/wide areas

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.