Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › First it was Scunny, now its' Lincoln...
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 134 Guests

First it was Scunny, now its' Lincoln...

This thread currently has 1,423 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
kingofthekippers
September 16, 2011, 10:30pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +39 / -4
Approval: +6
...how long before our local rag goes weekly?

My money is on early 2012.

Mr McGee, don't make me angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry.

Logged Offline
Private Message
aldi_01
September 17, 2011, 9:03am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
My money is on the fact the decision will be already made...

Is it the right thing to do? I don't know but sometimes they do seem to struggle for any real stories often so may be it will be a good thing but I don't know really...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 10
bladerunnner
September 17, 2011, 6:38pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +22 / -10
Quoted from kingofthekippers
...how long before our local rag goes weekly?

My money is on early 2012.

theres only so many stories you can do about interbreeding and heroin addiction.

irony................its a bit like brassy,only made from iron!   (baldrick,blackadder)
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 10
kingofthekippers
September 17, 2011, 7:28pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +39 / -4
Approval: +6
Quoted from bladerunnner

theres only so many stories you can do about interbreeding and heroin addiction.

I'm talking about the Grimsby Telegraph, not the Daily Star.

Mr McGee, don't make me angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 10
AndyDarloFC
September 17, 2011, 8:16pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +17 / 0
Approval: +1,695
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from kingofthekippers

I'm talking about the Grimsby Telegraph, not the Daily Star.

I thought he was referring to Scunny drug and inbred services.

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 4 - 10
woodi147
September 17, 2011, 8:59pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +10 / -4
Approval: +29
Gold Stars: 1
After 40 years i have stopped buying the paper, the owners have only got themselves to blame for its demise. recyled stories early morning paper was always going to fail.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 10
TimMickleburgh
September 19, 2011, 7:13pm
Table Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +4 / -5
I sincerely hope the Telegraph remains a daily newspaper.I would hate to think there wasn't a regular vehicle for letter writing.I fear a weekly would restrict the amount of correspondence for the local readership.

“No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred for the Tory Party. So far as I am concerned they are lower than vermin.” Aneurin Bevan
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 10
lawless29
September 19, 2011, 7:33pm

Table Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +13 / -2
Approval: +11
since the printing set up was closed at telegraph hq the paper has gone to excrement not many real stories and it doesnt feel local to us anymore . you find more news out on facebook thesedays

https://www.facebook.com/GrimsbyCleethorpesHistory
[url=http://postimage.org/][img]http://s7.postimage.org/6lz8j8h4r/403320_362485870431139_1145829449_n.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=http://postimage.org/]photo upload[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 10
tintowner
September 20, 2011, 5:39pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +13 / -4
Approval: +603
Gold Stars: 20
Its gonna go the same way as both the Echo and Scunny telegraph.

Just have a good look in every edition, there is not a lot of actual daily news. The odd piece about what the local scroats have been up to..but there is plenty of info on council business, public  or private sector appointments, Towns in Bloom news, nice feelgood stories about numerous subjects......but actual proper day to day stuff...not a lot.

There are a lot of nostalgia items that are taking whole pages (even more) up. The recent spread on Brenda Fisher (over two nights)...although very interesting, belongs in the Bygones issues.

I reckoncome the end of the year there will be an announcement concerning a weekly edition.

Batch, K.Moore, Waters, Wiggington, Crombie, Brolly, Ford, Drinkell, Mitchell, Cumming, Kilmore. D.Moore, Stone, Liddell. ....1979/80..... now that WAS a team.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 10
bladerunnner
September 23, 2011, 11:00am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +22 / -10
had to laugh at the front page the other day,some woman sat with child, oh no! theres a fox been in my garden! we are prisoners in our own home! i daren't let the kids out to play etc,etc,etc, Que photographer saying to woman and kid " right, lets have your best forlorn grimsby pram face then" if that bullsh.ts front page news then close the paper down. we need a daily paper around here but lets get back to what is important,exposing crime,corruption,and other important issues.........................................jesus christ! foxes in my garden!!!!!!!!! its pathetic they even brought up the case of the baby in london that got bit by a fox,just for a bit of "dramatic licence",poor old mr fox,hes got more sense than most telegraph readers.

irony................its a bit like brassy,only made from iron!   (baldrick,blackadder)
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 10
CairnsMariner
September 24, 2011, 2:52am

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +21
A Fox Has Been In My Garden!!!    

The last few years my local paper has had stories about snakes eating pet dogs and wild wallabies; frogs eating snakes and vice versa; spiders eating snakes; crocodiles (and snakes) in the city centre; and a fight between a crocodile and a shark (croc wins). Our classic wildlife story though was: "Deadly Snake Bites Man's tackle". Still not sure whether that matches the horror of a fox visiting your garden though!

There's a crooked street in Grimsby Town
It's a well worn path I've travelled down
Now there's ruin in my name, I wish i'd never got off the train
And I wish I'd listened to the words you said....
...Don't go down to Freeman Street
Don't go down to Freeman Street
You'll be lost and never found
You can never turn around
Don't go down to Freeman Street

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 10
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › First it was Scunny, now its' Lincoln...

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.