Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 166 Guests

Stockport preview

This thread currently has 2,431 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
80sglory
September 15, 2011, 11:56pm
Guest User
Insightful interview on MP with Hurst - thought he came across excellent with his thoughts too.  

I could tell you what he said but then you'd never need to subscribe to MP would you ?

Talks about the squad, the progress of players coming back from injury, Stockport, the trialists, the potential of signing Greeny and reveals ??? has got a minor injury in his knee from doing some running.

Anyway I'll leave you guessing.  

Mighty_Mariner
September 16, 2011, 6:03am
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,244
Gold Stars: 10
Spencer!!! In today's telewag!

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 18
The Grim Reaper
September 16, 2011, 10:04am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +2 / -30
Approval: -533
Gold Stars: 1
Hursty says that Spencer picked up the injury running on Monday. Bloody Telegraph.

Jesus wants me to be a sunbeam
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 18
RoboCod
September 16, 2011, 10:46am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.90
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
I don't need to subscribe to Mariners World or buy the paper thanks to the wonderful Fishy !!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 18
80sglory
September 16, 2011, 4:12pm
Guest User
tbh I'd have thought MP would have been right up your street for someone knowledgable like you Robocod - my impression is you enjoy a thoughtful debate.

Sure you'll get the basic news on here or through the GET (I've reported my fair share for free) but very few (if any) will bother to tell you much more or the managers pre-match thoughts.

For example, what did Hurst say about the potential signing of Green ?

Cos I'm so nice I'll tell you...  

He said "potentially" but "we're not gonna make any snap judgements" (after 2 games)
Then he said:
"but if he carries on as he is then I'm sure that's something that we'll try to do is to extend that stay".

Lots of other good stuff too.

Just mention it cos I'd encourage people not to miss out and further help support the club.
Reply: 4 - 18
voice of reason
September 16, 2011, 4:31pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +46 / -17
Approval: -1
Quoted from 1600
tbh I'd have thought MP would have been right up your street for someone knowledgable like you Robocod - my impression is you enjoy a thoughtful debate.

Sure you'll get the basic news on here or through the GET (I've reported my fair share for free) but very few (if any) will bother to tell you much more or the managers pre-match thoughts.

For example, what did Hurst say about the potential signing of Green ?

Cos I'm so nice I'll tell you...  

He said "potentially" but "we're not gonna make any snap judgements" (after 2 games)
Then he said:
"but if he carries on as he is then I'm sure that's something that we'll try to do is to extend that stay".

Lots of other good stuff too.

Just mention it cos I'd encourage people not to miss out and further help support the club.

If people aren't subscribing to it then the club should look to improve it or look at why people aren't subscribing to it...

I won't pay out my money just because it supports the club, they're not a charity...

They've lost out quite a bit from me this year, for e.g.

I don't have my usual two or three pints in the ground anymore... A) because I can't be arsed to wait for ten mins to get served and B) because it's embarrassing and annoying that after two or three pints at the first game of the season the barrels need to be changed...

I don't eat inside the ground at all now... I didn't used to all the time anyway but now and again I would but as the food is shite now I give it a miss...

Mariners Player subscription was cancelled by me because A) the content wasn't very good B) they constantly mess up by uploading vids you can't open and C) when I tried listening to the games on there when we was in league two they wouldn't always play for some reason....

The club should spend more time trying to find out why people don't use the services they offer or how they can get more to use their services, instead our club comes up with threats of "use it don't lose it"....

"I am surprised that Bright pratt like you fails to get a grasp of the queens English been as your allways pulling up anyone who fails to follow your thoughts and if they don't give you verbal pats on the back get real and grow up this is a free speech site.UTMM".(Cleefish, 2012)       
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 18
RoboCod
September 16, 2011, 4:36pm
Barley Wine Drinker
I subscribed once, a few years back, and I've never been overly impressed with MP. At a push, living out of Town, then I might have considered it for the commentary but since we went...you know....down a bit in the leagues and it became free on Humberside then I'll settle for that. They'd need a drastic overhaul and do something like have the highlights up for Sunday dinnertime at the latest for me to really jump up and pay attention.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 18
80sglory
September 16, 2011, 5:47pm
Guest User
Fair enough comments many of which I share.

I'm certainly not falling over myself to say MP is wonderful - maybe I'm one of the few who like it more for the interviews than the highlights.
Reply: 7 - 18
hertfordshire mariner
September 16, 2011, 7:23pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +34
Quoted from 1600
Fair enough comments many of which I share.

I'm certainly not falling over myself to say MP is wonderful - maybe I'm one of the few who like it more for the interviews than the highlights.

i agree, and the quality of the highlights (the ones town film anyway) have vastly improved since last season.

"Form a string quartet, and pretend your name is Keith"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 18
The Grim Reaper
September 16, 2011, 11:41pm
Table Wine Drinker
It says on the os that 100s more have subscribed this season. Usually the highlights are on straight after the game Robo.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 18
acko338
September 17, 2011, 9:01am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +44 / -6
Approval: +3,211
Gold Stars: 33
And I shall be watching the Stockport highlights asap after the game, as I think we're up for a really good win today, with some good all round performances and no more injuries suffered.

I have a sneaky feeling that Hearn, Disley and Pearson will all pop up to score today !

Well... I CAN live in hope of us giving them a solid thrashing on the park !
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 18
RoboCod
September 17, 2011, 9:28am
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from The Grim Reaper
It says on the os that 100s more have subscribed this season. Usually the highlights are on straight after the game Robo.

I seemed to think, or got the idea from others, that our highlights were often a little slow to go up. The breaker for me is still the commentary though, if we get back to the League then I'll no doubt subscribe for that but right now it's free...the one tiny, tiny crumb of comfort about dropping into the BSP  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 18
Meza
September 17, 2011, 9:52am

We urine On Your Fish Yes we do yes we do
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.83
Rep Score: +78 / -3
Approval: +1,649
Gold Stars: 50
What did he actually say about the trialists.

[URL=https://imgur.com/VCxdH2Y][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/VCxdH2Ys.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/uMRVvRe][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/uMRVvRes.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/5p7nllT][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/5p7nllTs.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/46BEw5M][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/46BEw5Ms.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/06NXnQF][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/06NXnQFs.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

My Grimsby Legends
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 18
upthestripes
September 17, 2011, 12:24pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.39
Rep Score: +68 / -8
Approval: +7
Quoted from Meza
What did he actually say about the trialists.

They were players they'd heard good things about, but I think they were just here to make up the numbers v Donny tbh

[img]http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb71/levite_photo/town/2959063.jpg[/img]

Hitman Hearn - BP Gangsta
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 18
Drinkells Boot
September 17, 2011, 1:48pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Do you 2 guys who don’t subscribe any more not think that your negative incorrect comments might harm the club? The highlights are on MP on the night of the game, and like GR says just because you  have unsubcribed it doesn’t mean everyone has. Please get your facts right.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 18
voice of reason
September 17, 2011, 1:53pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +46 / -17
Quoted from Drinkells Boot
Do you 2 guys who don’t subscribe any more not think that your negative incorrect comments might harm the club? The highlights are on MP on the night of the game, and like GR says just because you  have unsubcribed it doesn’t mean everyone has. Please get your facts right.  

Are you on about me...??? If you are it would be best if you read my comments again...

Also the only thing doing harm to the club is the club by producing such shite... They can't expect people not to have an opinion on something that is shite just because it is produced by them...

"I am surprised that Bright pratt like you fails to get a grasp of the queens English been as your allways pulling up anyone who fails to follow your thoughts and if they don't give you verbal pats on the back get real and grow up this is a free speech site.UTMM".(Cleefish, 2012)       
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 18
TownSNAFU5
September 17, 2011, 2:43pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,907
Gold Stars: 42
Well I am very happy with services at BP.  I contribute to the Club by buying HT draw tickets each match.  I won first prize last Sat (£295).  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 18
springstomind
September 17, 2011, 3:03pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +24 / -7
Approval: +322
I think MP is orite, shame it costs so much for a few highlights and post/pre match reactions, however i live in Colchester so find it usefull. Will be happy with a point today
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 18
The Grim Reaper
September 17, 2011, 11:14pm
Table Wine Drinker
VOR, you should add IMHO to all the excrement you write.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 18
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Stockport preview

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.